FourStar mr hardhat questions

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Blitzwing256, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

This would be my first post here, I believe this is the right forum if not I apologize.

I've been a big collector of Transformers forever (only about 3 figures away from a complete pre-micromasters set) and I have been collecting alot of the obscure stuff from the 80s, One of my personal favorates has been the FourStar Knockoffs that came out mid-eighties. the ones that intrigued (and eluded ) me for years was the construcitcon remolds they did, I wasn't able to find a whole lot of info on them on the internet other then a few tiny pictures and just the simple fact they exist, I've ome acrosss two sets of them thus far, but the biggest problem I have is I'm unsure what the accesories that came with them even look like. the few pictures I have seen show them with a red jetfire(valkerie whatever) head, though in the last lot I got of them I got a blue head,

so my question is, does anyone have a complete set and possibly have pictures of all the parts that come with it to form mr hardhat? also i've seen pictures of a boxset only, did they ever come individiually carded at all? the last lot of them I obtained came with alot of parts (inclkuding the blue head) that may or may not go to the set.

any help would be apreciated :) 

2. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

i have the boxset and two loose sets but im visiting the folks for thanksgiving, email me and remind me and i can get you those pictures of all the accessories.

they came in card and in box, there were different sets with red, yellow and blue head, chest, and hands.

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

it's great for a constructicon clone with a jetfire head. but the quality stinks.

4. Blitzwing256

i've had a hard time finding them loose in good shape, but as for knockoffs many of the fourstar ones are of amazing qulaity.

5. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I have the giftset and all but one individually sealed on the card. I can get you some pics of what accessories go with which. As for the blue / red jetfire head. My understanding is that one came with the gift set and the other can on the carded set. Also the chest's are two different colors as well. But if you know anything about ko's it's that you cannot be sure of anything as they mix and match parts constantly. The quality control over ko's is non-existant. The quality is definately less than a takara mold but I absolutely love him. He got me into collecting Knockoffs. I only collect the ones that are completely different and have something new to offer. I am right in the middle of organizing my stuff and both sets are packed away. Give me a pm to remind me and I'll see what I can do.

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

yes they are amazing for knockoffs, on quality, but compared to devastator, it's not nearly as good.

how ever it is a great toy, i'd so love to buy another one mine's junk lol

7. Blitzwing256

Any pictures would be uber awesome ,i'd really like to complete this set and with all the random fists and chest plates and other asorted parts i've picked up over the years i'm willing to bet I have some of them in the mix :)