Four Star and marchon robots

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Fishdirt, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know we all knew go-bots and transformers but there was another two almost original lines (albeit they sold one ko of a seeker) called four star and marchon.

I had, that I can recall, the mosquito, a lock and construction vehicles and vaguely remember having a white jet. They were pretty good quality too (though the designs on the dragonfly bot mode was a bit odd looking) Did anyone else have these? Still have them?

Marchon made these pretty nice partsformers called Road Bots. I remember getting some four star and marchon from a store called NewBerry's.

In comparison, transformers and gobots are easy to find. Be nice to see if I can bring out someone who may have something :) 

Pictures taken from toyarchive.com and battlegrip.com I took none of these:

Four star figures I had:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Marchon:
    [​IMG]

Resource/ref links:
    four star:
    STA: Transfomers: Four Star Comapny (Knock Off Transformers)
    Marchon:
    Review – Marchon Roadbots Hookorr | BattleGrip

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Those are all pretty neat.

3. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It seems odd, to me, that back in the day there were tons of random, HQ toys, that had no real marketing behind them. Most of the above were found in five and dimes every where and less likely bigger store chains (some four star was in k-mart though). There were other things though.

I remember tiny die cast versions of manzingers in gas stations but they were generic. You could go into stores like wal mart and find tons of generic stuff. Now it's rare to see anything non brand name or if so to find a non brand of high quality.

4. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I love Four Star stuff. I have the Mr Hard Hat combiner that the crane is part of....he was my grail! Mr Hard Hat is the jewel of my collection!

5. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Holy crap I want to see that! I got those because they were half the price of constructions and being poor at the time I wanted something to fight my friend's devy with. Sadly I could only get two of them so I never saw the full figure.

6. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I actually had the Lock and one or two of the Construction vehicles when I was a kid. Seeing those again is great....

7. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had the silver lock and actually found it on ebay. Too much for me right now but it's cool to know they're still out there.