Found ROTF Devs on sale for $56. Couldn't resist.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SentinelPrime, Jan 29, 2010.

1. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Well, hi there.

I was out cruising a couple of toy isles tonight where at a Target I came across a lone ROTF Devastator with a bright orange clearance sticker on it for nearly 1/2 half off, at $56.00.

It took me by surprise. I had already put buying this huge monstrosity out of my mind. I'd never seen it cheaper than $80, and I'd planned to get the awesome Legends version, since it was much cheaper and most stores are sold out of ROTF Supreme Devs anyway.

But this, this was a little different. That's not much more than a Leader figure, and although he's fairly simplistic and needs customizing, actually having the heavy beast in-hand is a little impressive if just for size alone, at least at that price.

So, I took it off the shelf. I paced. I put it back. I paced some more. I looked at Marvel figures. I went back.

I bought it. Yes, it's a guilty pleasure, but it's not often a figure of that size is released, not one that you can actually display as being huge at least.

So, go ahead, let fly with the "Legends is better" and the "It's still too much", I'm kind of excited at an unexpected toy purchase I'd given up on.

Thanks for your time!

2. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Display it rampaging through some scout / legends size figures and post some pics! Enjoy your new purchase.

3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

It is epic for size alone. I have a good time messing with mine. Put a Legends Mudflap in his mouth and dislplay him....that is what I did.

4. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

If I had paid $100 for him, I'd have demanded my money back.

When I snagged him on clearance for $40 though, I think he's worth it.

5. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I'm not laughing. I've been waiting for the right price to get him. As soon as I see him for $50ish or below I'm buying it.

I bought the Target Pumpkin Fallen last night just because it was on clearance for $5.50. I think it's dumb as Hell, but too cheap to walk past.

6. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    56 dollars is closer to the price he should have cost. Congrats.

7. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I'd be willing to pay you a dollar or two if you could pick one up for me. PM me if you wouldn't mind hooking me up, please!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    $56 is in the range id pay for him so well done

9. deadman323

deadman323 Droidcepticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    finally the prices are dropping more. honestly my wife would have killed me if a bought a $100+ "toy" according to her. lol i knew the prices were gonna drop so no biggie.

10. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I hope I can get a good deal like that...

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Oh wow, ROTF Devastator's starting to come down to a more affordable price? Sweet! I'll have to see if any of the local stores have him on clearance.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I paid full price for it when it was first released since I had the extra cash, but I agree that $50 is a MUCH better deal for it. I don't think its as bad a toy as everyone says it is. Nice find!

13. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

Keep looking. I think now is the time. I saw one for 49.99 at a walmart. I passed because I had already bought 4 tfs that day and my wife woulda not been happy. Still waiting for the walmart closer to me. The one I saw it clearanced at only had one. The walmart near me has about 12 of him. He's 60 there. Just waiting becuase this walmart usually gets awesome on their tf clearances. I picked up animated shadowblade Megatron there for about $12.50 a couple months ago. A few years back-they had the dvd edition masterpeice prime for 15-something. So that wall of devastators is gonna drop.

14. Megablah

Megablah Likes Universe Galvatron Veteran

News Credits:
    I just bought one from K-mart for $64 and have been liking the figure surprisingly. However, just yesterday, I went to a Walmart that has about 5 of them for $49 and it made me wish I had waited a little longer. But what's done is done and I'm still happy with my purchase. I glad to hear others are getting and enjoying it when it's down to a more reasonable price as well.

15. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    He's on clearance at my local Target for that price as well. Definitely worth it (I received him as a Christmas gift) - I agree that close to $100 is entirely too much. He's a fun, imposing display piece to have around, for sure.

16. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Damn, why do stores around my area never clearance anything good?!?!

If I found him for $50 or under, I might buy him. But I'd have to do some serious cleaning out on my shelf...

17. MegaCepticon

MegaCepticon Well-Known Member

That's a good haul! I have a feeling this baby is going to get expensive down the road.

18. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I hear ya. The two targets in my city are the only ones in the area that have yet to drop the price of the Q4 exclusives. Everyone else in my area has picked up most of them for 75% off by now. Not that any of the target exclusives are that interesting, but they would make for some nice Birthday presents for all my friends kids at that price.

BIG Devs looks great with Legends Skids and Mudflap, I put them in car mode infront of him, and put the Robot Heroes Mudflap and Skids climbing on him. Decent little display piece, but I am still holding out hope for a monsterous repro-label pack for this guy.

19. AMG

AMG Old School

Congrats on the purchase, $56 is a fair price.

20. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like him, but I got him for free since he was a gift :thumb .