Found in my Grandfather's Garage

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Blaster_Prime, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

My Grandfather has a train set and model that he used to ALWAYS be fiddling with in some way or another. One part of his upkeep was going to yard sales and flea markets in search of toy cars and such to fill his little town he built.

Recently I went in out of curiosity, it being years since I've seen the model itself. It was clear that he no longer had time for his old hobby, and hasn't for quite some time now. The room was in dishevelment and dust was everywhere. Looking around I saw assorted cars, trucks, and construction vehicles.

...Then I looked on the back wall. What do I see filed in a neat row on a dust covered glass shelf? All six original constructicons!! They were all there and in fairly decent condition. Obviously they had no combiner kibble or weapons, and Scrapper was missing his cab (as always) but still...there they were just sitting there. Needless to say I asked if I could have them and now they sit proudly in my collection.

Then today, when helping clean out the Garage for a Yard Sale tomorrow, I found another item mixed in with my Grandfather's collection of model cars and military vehicles...a light blue helicopter with yellow blades. WHIRL now sits on my scanner as I type this.

I know that these may not be "amazing" finds since they are incomplete, dirty, sun faded, and loose, but for someone who has very few G1 figures (G1 Grimlock incomplete with harsh sticker wear and G1 Blaster are my only others outside a second set of Long Haul and Scrapper) this is an exciting addition. Especially considering where it came from.

2. misterbinky

misterbinky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's awesome! The fact that they came from your grandfather more than makes up for any wear and tear.

3. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

Exactly, plus missing pieces are more than reasonably found thanks to Junkion!

4. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nice find dude