Found a Classics Trailer at TRU

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thoughtcrime, Mar 7, 2007.

1. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I found this little gem at TRU when I got Soundwave. The scale looks perfect to me aside from the wheels. It was attached to a very simplified cab which played some truck noises and an awful 80s-style guitar solo and blinks some lights. I set the electronics aside for now.

I grabbed Magnus for this quick shot because he was already in truck mode but it obviously works for Prime too. I missed out on those "Hardcore Truckin" trailers everyone ordered from Ebay when the Classics were released, so this makes a nice substitute. It also helps that you don't have to pay shipping.

This was $12 at TRU, a steal with the electronics. They were packaged in an open box in 3 different colors. They were located between the R/C cars and the knockoff GI Joe toys in my TRU. Obviously I will paint this grey and contact Reprolabels for proper decals. If you still need a Classic Trailer its worth a look IMO. Enjoy.

[​IMG]

2. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

kool

3. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

Nice find, thoughtcrime

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cool, I await seeing it properly done up.

5. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Excellent! For a while I was visiting TRU on a regular basis, looking for appropriate trailers, but nothing seemed to fit. That fits.
    Are you going to pimp it out? (Weapons, missiles, etc?)

6. thoughtcrime

Glad everyone likes it. I hope everyone who wants one is able to find it in their TRU. There are two others available in purple and green I think.

I won't be adding weapons or anything. I'd rather not drill holes in it, so I'll just paint it up in grey and add a proper decal from Reprolabels assuming he'll make a custom set for me. I'll have to email him.

7. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Nice addition...looks very close to scale...

8. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Isn't the original G1 Optimus Trailer pretty close to scale too? I know G1 Op was actually too small for his trailer. I think I've got an orphan G1 Op trailer kicking around somewhere that would be decent bashing fodder for this. Jack up the wheels, construct a new square hitch for the tab on the back of Classics Op... probably beyond MY capabilities, but seems doable. Has anyone got any insights on Trailer bashing?

9. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Hm. Maybe our good friends at Reprolabels could be persuaded to do a limited run, as with the Armorhide trailer?

10. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I couldn't help but wonder the same thing, but I admit I was waiting until I had a chance to go hunting to voice it.

I have to play Army in the woods this weekend, but with a little luck I'll pick one up Monday. Here's hoping Delta Star decides to hook the fandom up between now and then.

11. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Sweet find, i might just get it since its such a great buy! You better show us pics once the paint andall the details are done

12. noob

noob Well-Known Member

thoughtcrime, any chance of getting some pics of the original packaging of the beast?
    what's the brand or line these guys comes from? i was by my tru and didn't see anything.

13. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i have this odd feeling that... when takara releases classics convoy in japan, after we all spent all of our money buying classics prime, just like they did with mp-01, they are going to get us all to buy it, buy adding a freak'n trailer! i just know it! ><

14. ease

ease HIPHOPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really nice! hope i can find one of those in CANADA. :) 

15. thoughtcrime

I'm sorry I tossed the packaging before taking pics :(  However the box isn't a box at all, its an open base really. The truck is just held down by twist ties. There isn't much of a box at all but its very plain and equally bright orange if that helps.

I emailed Reprolabels, but haven't heard back yet. In the meantime, lets put it to a vote. For those planning to paint up one of these trailers, what stripe pattern do you think would look best: 84 Prime, PowerMaster Prime, a new design based on the Classics cab stripes, or something else entirely (and don't say Prime burning down a forest!:tongue:  )

The G1 purist in me says 84 all the way, since this IS supposed to be G1 Prime in a new body. But I think Delta could come up with something nice based on the new deco on the cab.

16. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'd say that we get some of the brilliant people on these here boards to come up with some rough sketches, perhaps?