Found a $1 vintage TF "Jet" at Goodwill!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Methusalen, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    So, I stopped out at my local Goodwill yesterday to browse around a little bit (I've gotten pretty lucky there and have found brand new TFA figures for $5-10 for deluxes & voyagers respectively)...

I made a pass through the toy isle, and didn't see anything that caught my eye, so I moved onto the electronics & books to see if I could find anything neat... Finding nothing, I decided to take a closer look at the toy area... They normally keep it pretty neat, but today it was a little worse for wear; so seeing what everything was on the shelves took a little longer than usual.

I saw something that looked interesting, though I initially thought it was just a plain old toddler's toy jet... Upon closer inspection....
    [​IMG]
    I turned it over and there, staring at me from the bottom of the jet, was "FIRST TRANSFORMERS". I didn't recognize this as one of the more recent Go-Bot releases, so I looked at his copywrite stamp,
    [​IMG]
    Since he was only a buck, I decided to pick him up; since he was in such great shape! I did a little research online, and found images of him from people selling him on Ebay, but also tracked him down on TFU.info.
    His name?
    -Simply "Jet".

I'm pretty happy with the little guy, and think I might hang onto him for a while, keeping him with the only 2002 Go-Bot (Prowl-Bot) I still have in my collection... He's also one of a dozen or so VINTAGE figures I own... I think he'll be a nice addition to the toy shelves!

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

dang it! my goodwill stopped selling toys... :(