Forza Three Frustrations!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Tigertrack, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

UGGGGGH! Okay, so I'm progressing nicely with Forza 3. Only problem is, I'm about 56% complete with the game, and it's only getting tougher and tougher as I continue! I just completed racing the Neubergring which I tell you is one pain in the ass race to compete in. Then, I did the Japanese long-haul lap which was fun, then attempted the French track. I was near the end of the lap, and ahead of the field! But, made a stupid mistake and turned to wide, got passed by #2, smacked in the rear by #3 who spun me out at which point the rest of the fleet passed me by. As I tried to get back on the track, I kept spinning my tires and doing 360 degree spins driving the TVR Tuscan.

This is so damn frustrating to progress! I'm starting to throw my controller across the living room. Which, I know is pointless and childish and doesn't accomplish jack shit.

But damn, what a frustrating game. Simple at first, fun as you continue, but half way through and it's damn tough.

Any of you experience this aggravation? Kind of silly when after all, it is just a game. Right?

2. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

Your appling way to much gas after a off track run. Your tires lose some heat and are now covered in either grass/rock/dirt. Your grip is limited. Are you running any assists? And you know you can reverse time to your advantage to fix your issues in single player. There are more things that could be asked, but then it would be a couple more paragraphs.

3. Tigertrack

Yea I'm aware of the grip issue. With the more powerful cars its hard to get going as the peddle seems more sensitive with the higher performing cars.
    I'm not sure what all assists I have on or off. I do have the green line that helps me follow through the racing-lines and breaking time and I find that helps a lot. But it doesn't always help for passing somebody.
    Plus, some turns just sneak up on you too quickly.
    I might try a different car other than the TVR. It might be too powerful, I don't know.

4. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    Hit the back button, rewind time, profit.

5. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:

This is why I just dick around in this game mostly. I find it much more fun to do that and race against a friend.

6. Tigertrack

I can't stand this game anymore. Fucking New York track is kicking my ass! I get so close to winning and then I hit those dam chicanes and it's all over! I fucking hate it!
    It was fun at the beginning, but now it sucks cheese!
    I need a much more relaxing game than this fucker.........................

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Ragequitting rules!

8. Tigertrack

I'm sure I'll play it again tomorrow. Want to beat it, but it sure can be maddening! LOL! :) 
    Still, it's a fun game...........................

Maybe I need to play the Star Wars game for a while. :D 

9. chapsy

chapsy Resident Brony

the setup I always use is:
    Manual On
    ABS On
    TCS On
    Racing Line OFF
    AI Hard

This gets you a decent amount of credits while still being able to handle the higher horsepower cars.(Lingenfelter Vette anyone?)
    With turns, always aim for the outside going in, then hit the apex of the turn midway, exit on the outside. Feel around for the right gear to be in going in so you don't slow down too much or go in too fast. It takes some practice, but after some practice it comes pretty naturally.

After that I use either whatever the best car avaiable for a particular race is. For races that have a HP limit, upgrade the suspension to the max and do weight reduction as well as drivetrain upgrades.
    It does get trickier when you get to the higher level races, but just learn to make the rewind button your friend.
    Is it cheating? kinda. It's way better than having to restart a race 10 laps in though.

10. Tigertrack

I keep forgetting about the rewind button. Probably because I'm not used to it. The games I've played with in the past never had a rewind button, just a restart button.
    I flew my RC helicopter a bit today to relax, so I feel better now. Might try again later this weekend if time allows. I just fear that I might get frustrated again and brake something.

11. Savanna

Well, that Green Line is only a Racing Line, not a passing Line. TVRs are without aero work and tuning, a expert type car only due to TVR's generally being low weight, high power. And remember, its all about learning the track, it is a racing game, its gonna take a long time to get near mastering any sort of track.

12. Tigertrack

Yea, I switched to my Mercedes which I found easier to handle. That's when I finally won one of the tracks. Now I'm trying to beat the damn New York track and that's a pain in the ass with the chicanes it's got.

13. Savanna

Pending how long it takes to get used to them, its worth hitting the brakes and downshifting once or twice and going thru them safely. After you get used to them, you will notice pending your speed and car, you can go thru them flatout with the right line.

14. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As Savanna says, it's all about the line. Forza 3 is extremely realistic and your car isn't gonna stop on a dime. Feather the brakes, drop 2 or 3 gears and stick to the suggested racing line.

15. Tigertrack

Well, last night I was just playing around with it and tried it without the traction-control thing on. WOW! That car could not get off the line without doing 360 degree burn-outs!
    Traction Control is a must!
    I was driving one of the super duper Cadillac prototype racing cars and what a blast that is to drive when you get it right. But a car like that definitely must have traction-control turned on.
    I really can't wait till I find a proper steering wheel for the game. I feel my lap-times will improve dramatically with a steering wheel as apposed to using the sticks.

16. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Assists are for babies.

Really it sounds like your getting nervous and racing too hard at the end. You might also get used to the subtleties of the triggers/acceleration/braking. You should never be full on gas until you've built up enough traction. You should never ever apply full pressure to the brakes. The braking line in the game doesn't tell you when to brake, it's telling you you're going to fast to make those turns. You want to have the line green before you even begin the turn. Once you learn the tracks you can take most turns with the line yellow and even some with it red.

Use the game's auto upgrade as well. I always use it and have a car that competes better than most of the AI.

17. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I like driving without any assists so that I can thoroughly destroy and deface beautiful automobiles.

Sometimes, it's fun destroying something beautiful.

18. Savanna

I find the only way to play without assist's most the time is if your playing with a wheel and peddle combo. That way you can actually ease the throttle, unless your using a Gas/Brake setup on the triggers, which I myself hate and still don't find to be sensitive enuf to be worth using.