Forza Three Drifting?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Tigertrack, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Hey there. I'm just messing around with Forza three for a while since I got so sick of trying to win the damn races.
    Anyway, I've got an 86 Toyota Trueno set up and I want to drift with it.
    I was racing it down one of the Japanese stages and TRYING to drift it.

Is there a way to initiate and hold a drift on Forza three? I know it's really not a drifting game, but the Japanese stages really cry out for drifting don't they?

And please, don't tell me just practice, practice, practice cause I know that already. I just want to know how to initiate the drift and if I can hold the drift throughout the turn. All I'm getting so far are spin-outs into the wall.

2. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

3. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Yea thank you. I checked out YouTube as well and learned a few things. First it helps to have rear wheel drive. Second, turn off traction control and a few of the other assists.
    Now it's just practicing to get it right.
    They also suggest using manual transmission but I find that a pain in the ass to work with.

4. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

You just have to get a feel for the physics of the car.

Look up or download a drift set up from the Storefront.

I think (I can't remember the track exactly and google hasn't helped) Benchmark Ring Layout A or B has a lot of fun drift/gymkhana parts to it. Its a great place to practice. Also, one of the buttons puts the car instantly into Reverse, it sometimes works better than the hand brake.

My little gymkhana fun when the game first came out. Pretty sure this is Benchmark Ring Layout A or B. Note that I have terrible editing skills/software. Getting multiple clips of the game took forever and then I cut a lot of clips a little short, any time you see a transition is where I cut the clip short when I uploaded it to the Forza website (except the Negative Transition, there I spun completley out).

YouTube - Five Seconds at a Time