Forza Motorsport 3

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by -Superion-, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

[​IMG]

2. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

I really wish I could tune cars, because I think this one would be insane if I could.

[​IMG]

I can run the same times in this as my Tuned out equal Class R33.

3. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    damn that Ferrari is awesome looking

finally got enough to buy a stock car a real shame I gotta return the game tomorrow though :(  being poor sucks

4. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

Yeah it's all about how you set it up. No one's going to pay for one of these so you have to rig up something cheap. I've moved recently so I don't have the setup I did when playing Forza 2. I'm still trying to work out a driving set up myself

5. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

So the video editor is complete ass. You pause a replay then start making a movie. From this point you'll choose the length of the movie, between 5-30 seconds. You'll be stuck with the camera angle you have it set to for the full movie. From there you can upload it to forzamotorsport.net where you have 24-hours to download it. Then you need to splice everything together with your own software.

Not sure if it was the file or if it was Youtube, but it failed to be converted twice. I had to run my own converter to switch the .WMV file into a .AVI file before it took.

6. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Noisemaze Collector

News Credits:
    That seems a bit clunky but I guess it's effective...

7. seven

It would be ok if it didn't take days to upload to the F3 site and you could have more than one video up at a time. If you want to make a longer video then you have to upload and then download each part before uploading the next, luckily the files are fairly small for 720p video.

The conversion into a movie takes a while as well and can not be viewed at all on the 36o. You have to download it from the site before you can watch your movie files. I had one replay that would randomly show a collision with the wall that did not happen (the drift through the warehouse in the above video), I had to make 3 movies to upload then download to get one without the collision. I spent about 20 minutes converting four different camera angles of one 5 second clip and only uploading a single one.

8. Noizemaze

News Credits:
    I did notice that the replay data doesn't seem as precise as it should be. Just watching some of the movies on the storefront, I noticed the cars aren't as smooth in their movement and "jump" a bit from time to time.

9. Halo

Halo Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/Shining_Halo/forza%203/001.jpg
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/Shining_Halo/forza%203/011.jpg
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/Shining_Halo/forza%203/015.jpg

The Maserati has the names of a few players from 5 Super Bowl teams on the rear 1/4 panel. Names listed are:
    Joe Montana, Steve Young, Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Bryant Young, Eric Wright, Wesley Walls, Merton Hanks, Deion Sanders, Ronnie Lott, Roger Craig, Ken Norton Jr., Guy McIntyre, Gary Plummer, Ricky Watters, William Floyd, Mike Cofer, Bill Romanowski, Freddie Solomon, Don Griffin, Charles Haley, Tom Rathman, Earl Cooper, Fred Dean, Mike Walter, George Seifert and Bill Walsh...

10. seven

While creating this I have learned a few things -

1) You can not make a video like they did at E3. They used capture cards (from watching the video on Inside Xbox) and you do not have the type of camera control that they did.

2) I need to extend the length of the clips I made. I did a bunch of five second clips to save time, but I ended up not being able to link sections up right. Any time there is a transition is where I didn't go far enough with a clip.

3) I need new video editing software and a new pc. The one I'm using is a pain to link up frames. Most camera cuts are linked as close as I could get it but had no fine control of where I cut. I could render out in HD but the aspect ratio is locked at 4:3 no matter what. My PC is getting old as dirt, I had to make sure to save after each edit. I blame the software mostly but Windows has gotten bloated.

11. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

So I'll eventually get this game, but my question though is that can I still be victorious in races if I dont bother with customizing my car's gear shifts and augusting all the extra stuff like tirepressure or the vehicules air flow? Am I making sense with this, I knew Forza 2 had customizeing stuff like that but I never really understood it all?

12. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

Yes you can still be victorious in races

13. seven

There is also a Quick Upgrade option. Select it and the game will pick out upgrades and apply them for the level you're racing at.

14. Noizemaze

News Credits:
    Anyone find any good TF replicas or theme cars? I don't have a lot of skill with the editor, but I'm working on my own version of a modern Wheeljack paint job for the Lancia Stratos.

15. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    I want the GT-R put in before I invest in this game.

16. Noizemaze

News Credits:
    The GT-R is rumored to be in the December Car Pack. It hasn't been confirmed yet, but Turn 10 is releasing teaser photos of the unannounced cars.

EDIT::

Two variations of the Wheeljack inspired paint job I did for myself. I'm not a fan of all the race logos and decals on cars, so I tried to simplify it a little for a cleaner look. Did the "Shattered Glass" version for kicks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  17. Noizemaze

News Credits:
    I watched the video when you posted but forgot to comment on it.

Holy ---- that is some crazy driving. I can't even drift one corner correctly much less some of those maneuvers. Props on the driving and the video.

18. seven

Thank you sir. I just downloaded a drift set up from the store front. Once you apply it to the car it will ask if it is okay to purchase the parts you'll need. From there its just about learning the speeds and throttle control. I learned after the video that X button drops to reverse right away, I was double tapping the brake which wouldn't always work. Dropping to reverse can sometimes work better than the hand brake.

It took a lot of practice but was a lot of fun (until I went to put it all together). The very last slide into the spin through the barricades took me almost two hours of practice. I tried several different approaches until I got the distance and the exact place to start the slide down. A lot of it is on accident too, the second drift through the warehouse was pure luck as I was showing a friend that course.

That course is made to slide around on. Drift videos get a lot of flak but I find a simple race videos to be boring as dirt to watch. I had plans on redoing to make everything connect better (its from 3 seperate runs but each part lines up very well, I just cut some of the clips short), I just don't have the motivation for it right now.

19. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah, drifting is EFFING hard to do, but rewarding when you get it right.

20. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

I'm glad that I didn't end up buying Forza 3, and got Forza 2 (for cheap) instead because I discovered that I couldn't drift or make a hard turn without sliding out of control. I guess I've been playing on arcade driving games like Burnout Paradise too long.