Forza Motorsport 3

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by -Superion-, Oct 9, 2009.

1. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

Damn, I want to get it but right now it's hard for me to spend $60 (including tax) for a new game. Bad timing. :( 

2. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

Anyone else use the X360 wireless wheel? I bought one when Forza 2 was out. One of my best purchases.

3. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    id love to have one I just dont have anywhere to put it and use it :( . me being a nascar game nut one of those wheels is essential to getting the full experience

4. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    Microsoft should be sued for monopoly on hard drives... you can get a 1TB drive for the price they charge for one of their hdds. all because it's in some proprietary case? weak

5. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Noisemaze Collector

News Credits:
    The first car I bought in Forza 3 was a Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo, mainly because I miss actually owning one...

There's a reason why MS doesn't let you use "off the shelf" drives as pretty much all instances of hacking and cheating result from the use of these drives. The data on them can be easily accessed and modified by a PC resulting in some pretty shady stuff. I don't agree with the price, but there is actually a legitimate reason why they make you use them.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  6. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    the least they should do is up the memory limit on the Arcade 200mb cant get you shit especially if you want that update that changes the menu layouts. I DLed it but removed it cause I ran out of space for game memory

7. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just picked one up for 80$ today. I have no problem with the controller, but I was getting my ass handed to me with the wheel... in a car I used to drive to work all the time (rx-7 fc). Ah well, gotta get used to it and figure out somewhere to mount the wheel so it sits more naturally

8. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

Your missing something like 5 Car Packs, but your also missing out on some Tracks at the same time from what I remember.

[​IMG]

It looks the same as the one in my actual garage minus that wing, cant change the color to white.......

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are there third-party ones?

10. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I liked playing the 2nd Forza game, didn't get too far in it and then I got a new Xbox and didnt convert my save over, fooey!

So how is this game? Does it feature a actual 1st person view where you see the dashboard, wheel & stuff like in the new Need For Speed game?

11. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes, it does allow a first person view that allows you to see the wheel and dash. It's not quite as nice as nfs, but it's still really good

12. Noizemaze

News Credits:
    Driving first person in a right-hand drive is disorienting.

There are "methods" that allow you to add an off-the-shelf hard drive to the system, I believe SATA drives, which is why it is relatively easy to connect them to a PC and mess with the data. This new update is blocking these modded drives from my understanding.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  13. Savanna

Already out of credits just buying all the Yellow Shark versions that Gearbox keeps putting out..... Just 2 different yellow Sharks, a White Shark, a Crimson Shark, and there Zin Black Shark now, thats all..

[​IMG]

14. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    omg how did you get that car? its teh sex.

helps that its a Skyline as well :D 

and does anyone have any drifting tips? im already kicking ass but id kick more ass if I could drift without constantly spinning out

15. Savanna

16. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Having downloaded and played the demo today, I'll be picking this up asap! :D  Between this, Forza 2 (still), PGR4 and Colin McRae Dirt 2, methinks it's time to invest in a steering wheel controller.

17. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

People were not amused when I picked a Dodge Ram to race against thier R1 race cars. I was not amused by being spun out on purpose by them in the previous races. I was let down when not one of them lapped me before the end of the race. They all abandoned the lobby afterwards.

18. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    Storefront? :(  crap I havnt got any access to Xbox Live

hahaha I havnt even touched one of the trucks nor do I want to

but so far my garage consists of (not all just my heavy hitters) 09 Camaro SS, 09 Shelby Cobra (made it look like KITT :D ), Ford Focus RS and a recently bought Dodge Challenger that im working on turning into a new age General Lee :D  (yes I know not a Charger I wanted something diferent), really hoping I can get one of the Stock Cars before I have to return it I really wanna customize one to look like my favorite drivers car

19. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I held the collectors editions in my hand last night... but had to let it go :cry 

I want it so bad, and it was the only one at 3 gamestops I saw, but I just can't afford it right now. And I know it's pretty damn unlikely i'll ever see it again. It hurts.

20. Noizemaze

News Credits:
    Picked up two of the Shark designs, Red and Yellow. Unfortunately missed the Black and White versions. Nice looking skins.