Forza 4 is a GO!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by John_Force, Jul 21, 2011.

1. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Default.aspx
    Hits store's in October 11, 2011. Pre Order exclusives abound.

2. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

This has been known for a while, and all the pre-order cars and where you have to order them from have also been out for a while. There is even a incentive program thingy you can get into if you pre-order.

3. VSpec

VSpec TF Forza Painter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i can't wait for this game. pre-ordered the collector's edition and can't wait to start painting again.

4. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    For me, this game is all about taking the Kia Cee'D onto the Top Gear test track. :D 

5. Savanna

6. Savanna

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  7. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Demo today, but XBL is having issues. I got signed in and brought up the option to download the demo but it cancels right away with an error.

8. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Demo for the game just came out. Controls feel a little better now, might get it when it comes out. Please tell me they have Honda cars in it.

I thought I was the only one who had XBL problems today. My Xbox disconnected at random twice.

9. Savanna

10. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:

Attached Files:

11. seven

Nope, I couldn't sign in and got an error so I checked the notices on xbox.com.

I finally got the demo, the cars feel good and have a nice distinction of weight between them. The cars feel like they lose grips with a bigger difference from car to car than F3. The AI is pretty similar, faster on the straights but a little cautious in the turns. I was able to win with all three cars on Hard with Braking line as the only assist.

I like the rivals challenge things. I did the one with the BMW, I'm not sure what the objective was, I think it was pass as many of the "traffic" cars in one lap.

12. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    the cars in the demo also feel better though the turns and such. in 3 if you werent careful theyd spin immediately but theyre pretty easy to handle in this one even with all assists off

and ill get this in now, Forza continues to obliterate anything Gran Turismo has ever done.

but has it been confirmed that the game will have a Rally discipline or dirt racing?

13. Savanna

Not that I have seen, and I hope it stays that way. Best to let those that actually make games specific for it, stay that way. Instead of just putting something of everything in. The more Focused they are on 1 type, the better.

14. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    Well I asked cause in the first trailer theres cars going through dirt. But really I want it so we can have proper body kits on stuff like the fiesta. the one in Forza 3 is so damned ugly because you cant put any real bodykits on it

15. Savanna

If you mean the one with American Top Gear shots of the series mixxed in, then yeah, that was just bits of the show.

16. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    really? sunnova..... there is atleast night racing now right? I know ive seen that somewhere, or atleast the working headlights

and I havnt seen em yet but this one better have stock cars and the V8 Supercars, I know me and alot of my friends will be severely dissapointed if theyre not present

17. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Didn't 3 have stock cars from 3 different comapnies?

The demo was fun, pretty much what I expected, but kinda easy even after changing assists. Backgrounds look better, the cars look just a little better though.

What gets me is... they're still using Forza 3s logo? It's and F and 3 lines, don't get why they'd keep it, or not just add another line.

Either way, can't wait to pick up my collectors next week.

Edit: Reading a review right now, looks like no night racing.

18. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the demo, there is definitely more of a difference between the various cars this time.

The Subaru and Ferrari are quite balanced and not too all over the place in corners.
    The Pagani is going to take some time to "Tame" , the BMW I cannot control at all and I haven't used the Eliminator too much.

The Ai seems a bit smarter and aggressive, On hard it is a great challenge to even get into the top 3.

Is there any Nobles in the full game ?

19. seven

Yeah, but the body style wasn't very accurate and they weren't licensed by Nascar. For a while stock cars on an oval were very common for MP games.

Anyone have a Kinect? I have one but I can't find the screws for the TV mount after we recently moved. I wanted to see if head tracking was in the demo. I might just set the Kinect in front of the speaker until I can find/replace the screws for the mount.

Also, the Joystiq review (4.5/5) mention hill climb. Wondering if it's all tarmac or has offroad bits as well?

20. Savanna

The Logo they made in Forza 3, and still used was just clever for 3, but still works, cause those 3 Lines are also the M for Motorsport, as in Forza Motorsport. 3 did have Stock Cars, but like said, nothing official. They have had some V8 Supercars since 1 or 2 you know. There is a Noble, but its under the US name of Rossion. The Hill Climb is one they have had for a while, and is all paved. Forza Motorsport