Forum suggestion

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by PrimulArchangel, Feb 24, 2010.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey i hope im posting this in the right place.. Just had a suggestion i wanted to throw out there, its something that came to mind today after someone tried to sell me a Animated Arcee for $45 lol. I checked the guys other posts and they have only been in the sale and want threads. His reason for selling her for 45$ is because she is hard to find but he has a few lol.. That to me throws up the Scalper flag.

I have seen on other forum sites that new members can not post a sale thread untill they have contributed 20 to 30 posts to other threads on the forum to show that they are fans and not just there to try and sell there things. This site is awesome and it bothers me when i come across these sellers that take advantage of the popularity of Transformers like that .. I mean Arcee is 12.99 in the stores and this guys selling her for $45:crazy: , i can understand adding a small finders fee like alot of people do but charging almost 4 times her retail is sad.

So i thought i would throw that out there and maybe you all would think its a good idea to put in effect to help try and stop scalpers from using the boards for there own personal gain..

What ya think ?

-Curt

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Unfortunately, this would probably also end up punishing those who are using the boards legitimately. I can see it turning off casual fans / people joining to sell some old toys moreso than actually punishing scalpers.

3. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dont think it would , if the people are fans they wont mind making posts in the other threads and meet new people interested in the same things .. Scalpers are here for one thing only , to sell there toys and thats it, not make posts in threads about subjects that most likely have no clue about..
    Even if you made it where you would have to make 5 or 10 posts, i think most scalpers will still give up. Casual fans will have enough interest to at least look around the site and make the posts i think ..