Repro/Sticker: Fortress Maximus

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by cefuroxx, Jun 23, 2008.

1. cefuroxx

cefuroxx Well-Known Member

I've been working on casting the pieces to a spare fortress maximus body I've had lying around that was essentially bare (had one leg gun) and it is coming along much bettert han I expected, I am by now means an expert at this but the experience has been enjoyable. Check it out if you want:

Attached Files:

2. scarnivac

scarnivac Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    would you be willing to cast more fort max heads?? I would really like to buy one!! how much would you sell them for?

3. Ecmagee1984

Ecmagee1984 Big E

Ebay:
    Sweet, how much are you going to sale those parts for?

4. cefuroxx

I never intended to sell any of these pieces, this is mostly for personal enjoyment but if people want them badly enough I'll consider it, just shoot me a PM if you're seriously interested.

You should know that these have their imperfections and that they would never pass as originals upon inspection.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    its a small picture, but from what I can see it looks like you're doing a nice clean job. Would you mind posting the other three images in here?

6. cefuroxx

pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Redline do you know anything about making magnetic joints? I'm looking to use them on the ramps to hold it together to avoid drilling holes in such thin plastic, if anyone has any info I'd appreciate it.

7. REDLINE

News Credits:
    well, you'd need to make SOME kind of hole in order to recess the magnet so it didn't stick out, plus you'd want to do the same for the washer or whatever you use for your metal that will stick to the magnet. FR did make a handy tutorial on the subject though, its in our Tutorials section. :)  (linked on the right sidebar) nice casts man. what's the windmill in the background?

and thanks for adding the other pics!

8. MrMurder

MrMurder Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    does Cerebros Transform?
    will there be spike?
    could you make the two hand guns? (double barrel laser and rifle)
    if any of these answers are YES! thank I'm totally interested

9. Paul Prime

Paul Prime Well-Known Member

I was watching the pics closely, and I have to ask, what imperfections? They are perfect to me, great job.

10. cefuroxx

Redline - the windmill is autobot micromaster base ironworks

MrMurder - with A LOT of work I could make a transforming cerebros. I have a little knock off of spike disassembled and I'm debating on whether to make molds of his parts, small pieces are a pain I've come to find.

I'm thinking hard about whether or not to make copies of the handguns, the ones I have are repros themselves so It would in essence be a copy of a copy.

Paul Prime - The imperfections don't reveal themselves very well in the pictures, although you can see a spot on one of his arm covers that I had to fill in. The ramp doesn't have the details on both sides, just the back, which is fine with me as it's going to be painted and stickered later. Some of the pieces have warpage, air bubbles and various little mess-ups resulting from spotty casting that I have had to fill in or reinforce with superglue.

11. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    cefuroxx, I'll post this over on your sector thread too but just wanted to inform folks here as well. The cure time on the alumilite resin is pretty quick. I think what might be happening is that it's hardening too soon and the bubbles don't have enough time to escape. I've recently re-discovered smooth-on and they have a 1-to-1 product that is less viscous and hardens in about 10-15 minutes. I've had far less bubble trouble since I started using it. I also contacted alumilite for more silicone and just wanted to say they're super nice and helpful...pretty small operation located up in michigan.

btw, these are looking great cefuroxx. :thumbs2: 

12. REDLINE

News Credits:
    Thanks for the tip, WJ :) 

13. MrMurder

MrMurder Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    if you're willing to make these for me, I'd be willing to pay
    Knockoff price obviously... plus your time and effort. I know that's the most valuable thing of all :) 

and no painting is necessary. i'm really working with a brave maximus anyway.
    i ended up scoring the body at a local comic shop (complete body, guns and all) for $50 but he has not handguns or head... sort of.
    i currently have a R.I.D. Megabolt with insect legs removed for the head. it surprisingly works REALLY well. But just not the same. lol
    LMK if you're interested
    This probably should have been in a PM but it's already typed and I'm too lazy to transfer it. sorry

14. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    Nice work....I'd be interested in one of the Non-transformering Fort Max heads like what you have in the below that way i can have it atop Fort Max and my Cerebros transformered below.

[​IMG]

15. cefuroxx

What's the exact product/number/code for this, they have a ton of resins on their site and I'd like to order some tonight. Thanks

16. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    I'll be working on TFs tonight in the studio. I'll get that info then and post it for ya when I get home! :) 

17. cefuroxx

I'm still waiting WJ, where ya at homey?

18. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    smooth-cast 305 manufactured by smooth-on and listed in this link http://www.smoothonsecure.com/store/index.php?cPath=291_1_10
    sorry for the delay in getting you this info.

19. cefuroxx

sweet man, I really appreciate it. Do you know how well this stuff takes dye?

20. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    yes. it doesn't.
    check out their catalog. I've yet to work with adding color to the resin. I like the look of paint though.