Fortress Maximus - Who Owns One? - Who Wants To Own One?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CURAMEN, Aug 4, 2010.

1. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    Plain and simple...

Who here on the forum owns a Fortress Maximus?

If you own Fortress Maximus... What are your thoughts about it, when did you acquire it and how much did pay for it?

Bonus points for owning more than just 1.

And...

Who here on the forum wants to and plans to own a Fortress Maximus?

If you plan on adding Fortress Maximus to your collection... What are your thoughts about it, when do you plan on getting it and how much do you intend to pay for it?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  2. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

Put me down as wanting one. As to the when and how much, I suppose that all depends on when I'll finally have that kind of scratch and what he's going for on eBay when I do. I hope to pay significantly less than a grand, but I'll pay more if I have to. I don't particularly want or need the box (other than maybe his tech spec), so that should keep the price down for me.

I do plan on picking up Scorponok around Christmastime, but that's off-topic.

3. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Well now that the Seacons are being reissued, Fort Max is the last G1 TF I want (need) to complete my G1 collection. So I'm definately in the Wants to Own one category.

My thoughts on it? Well it's the biggest TF ever made, it's a dual Headmaster and the last City bot (of G1). I've never had one or even seen one in person but it looks like there's lots of cool little features; the jail, the elevator, etc.

I'd like to find a complete one without box within the next year, hopefully around the $800 price point. I really dont think I could handle paying over $1000 for a TF even if it is the biggest one there is.

4. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I own a Fort Max & Brave Max. Paid $200 for Fort & $100 for Brave. Fort is just missing the smaller of the large guns. Brave is complete.

The thing they have going for them is size. If they were regular sized, there really isn't anything special about them. Think about it, how many people find Metroplex super awesome? He's cool but not that cool. Fort Max is basically a jumbo sized Metroplex. But being so large just adds a awesome level to Fort/Brave.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If a KO or Reissue is released, i'll but it in a heartbeat. Otherwise.... It would have to be minty fresh to spend that much on a toy

6. zealottoyou

zealottoyou Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    holy these are some great prices. I paid 300 for my brave but it is misb. I paid like 700 for my fort. one day I will have a grand max.

7. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Autobot

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Well I for one wish I could have a FM simply because its in my G1 list of figures to own. Hopefully I plan on acquiring one either through ebay or at Botcon 2011 if I find one that is as complete as possible. How much I plan to spend on FM depends because I like to research and compare before I make a purchase. As for a solid number I have none yet...

8. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I own a Fortress Maximus complete with the original box that I got back in 1987 for christmas along with Scorponok. I used to have Brave Maximus but I sold him a couple of years ago.

9. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    I have Brave Maximus. I love him. I hope some day that TakaraTomy reissues Fortress Maximus and maybe even Grand Maximus.

Randy

10. E-Z-B

E-Z-B Well-Known Member

Oh, God, yes I want one.

11. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Hey CURAMEN, I own G1 Fort Max sorta but he is so totally incomplete,no weapons or
    nothing,just the main body,but hope to eventually get the parts to fix him.As for how long
    I've had him I would say about a year and a half. I think he is the coolest,and I got him
    set up in city mode and with all my worlds smallest tf's on him like the dinobots,optimus
    prime,bumblebee & etc. He is wayyyyyyyyyyyy cool set up like that I think,as it makes
    him seem even larger with the wst's.

12. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like it. It's a huge toy, and it has a ton of play and display value. When used with the tinier toys, it gives a great sense of scale.

I picked mine up from a local shop. I risked letting it sit two weeks, until their 30th anniversary sale, and saved up for it. Made sure it was still there the night before right before close, and took half a day off work the next morning to be there when they opened. Lo and behold it was still there after those two weeks, and I bought it. Final cost, $420. White-white, all the stickers in decent to very good shape, tight joints, and 100% complete, plus it had the tech spec, instructions, and styrofoam. I picked up pristine complete copies of Sunstreaker, Wheeljack, and Mirage at the same time, all with color instructions, for $35 a piece. That was a GREAT sale, and one hell of a haul.

Does owning Brave Max as well count as more than just one?

13. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I own a MIB Fort Max. At one point I had two, a loose one as well, both complete. I sold the loose one some years ago to Liokaiser here on the boards. I also have Brave Max from Car Robots.

I love him. Love the size and his modes are great. Playbility is very fun! Not that I play with it anymore.

14. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Is this for Fort Max specifically, or just for the mold? I own Brave Max. It's the Korean version, and I got it from BBTS when it was first released, so I got it at the normal price ($135, I think?)

15. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    I bought Brave Max when he was first out, so I think it was ~$100+shipping from Japan.

The Fort Max I have now I bought sometime around the Spring of 1998(I think...) he's missing Spike, Cerebros's gun, Gasket/Grommet/Cog, and the radar dish, paid $90 for him.

16. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Ditto, except I can't afford more than $500 at any one given time. I don't need the box, but the figure should be complete and as near mint as possible.
    My Scorponok feels alone without having Fortress Maximus to play with.

Mark me down as wants, but within $400-500 range.

17. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I want any version of fort max but as for how to get one i don't have any current plans in place.

18. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    *walks in thread*

$7, missing

cerebros
    one waist cannon
    both main ramps
    radar dish
    cerebro's gun
    all of Cog
    mini doors to cover elevator
    both main guns

it has spike and all the small guns for the main body, it is almost bone white, minimum sticker wear, in excellent condition, mainly need a damn cerebros, it is the centerpiece of my collection and my fave figure

*walks out of thread*

19. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    had one, sold it, takes too much room in my apartment, and it's not my favorite tf ever

20. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I used to reeeeeally want one, but, honestly...the more I saw the original toy in different people's collections, the less enthusiastic I became. It's a giant, huge, gimmick-covered robot, but it still seems to suffer from the brickiness of the old G1 toys. I guess that, with all the amazing leaders we've had recently (including the Energon/Cybertron Omega Supreme) I just can't get as excited over him as I may have in the past.