Fortress Maximus vs Brave maximus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ichabod, Oct 30, 2010.

1. ichabod

ichabod Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So how do these two molds fare against each other? whats a "fair price" for each one, and whats the difference's between the two releases?

2. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

Good thread you have here in a good discussion. I don't know much about either 1 as I never had either 1. But still a great discussion to say the least.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Brave Max has different colors and lacks several of Fort Max's weapons. I think he's still a good toy, though. As for prices, there's more knowledgeable people here who can chime in on that.

4. rhapsodyred99

rhapsodyred99 Well-Known Member

I have Fort, Grand, and Brave.

Brave has a much nicer color scheme in my opinion, especially cerbros (the big head)

he does not come with all the parts Fort or Grand did, but they are easy enough to pick up piece meal off of ebay if you really want.

He is also much cheaper. Finding a good condition fort, with all his parts and no yellowing, will set you back a ton.

A good price for brave? I'm not sure but I only paid a few hundred for mine.

A good price for Fort, if he is in good shape is somewhere from 700-1200 dollars.

I'd start with brave, and see how you felt after that.

I got brave, then Fort, then Grand

In order of preference it goes brave-grand-fort.

also check this web page, you can compare the three there:

Welcome to TFU.INFO The Alpha Trion and Omega Prime of Transforming Toys - www.tfu.info

or this one:

Cobra Island Toys - Transformer Archive
    Hope this helps.

5. ichabod

News Credits:
    I'm actually getting a brave for more or less $120(trading a couple toys for him) and the one I'm getting is in (supposedly, I've seen pics, but you never know) really great shape. whats he missing from the fort max release, specifically? also I've seen pics fo them with a sword, which release came with that?

6. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fort Max:

G1 color accurate, comes with Cog (which is comprised of Gasket, and Grommet) and his weapon, and has two guns. Runs about $700 for a decent loose complete one.

Brave Max:

RID color accurate, does not come with cog, or any guns. Runs about $380 for a decent loose complete one.

I have both and I prefer Fort Max. The color scheme on Fort is cleaner, and looks better on something that big.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  7. rhapsodyred99

Grand a japan only item came with a sword. Fort the Japan version has a sword for Fort and Cerebros, the american had neither.

The Brave did not come with a sword. There was a lucky draw contest that got the winners a full set of brave collored Fort max Accesories, which had the sword. You can buy a repro Brave max mastersword, not sure which company made it, but it IS a ko basically. You can still find them on ebay now and then.

Look at those web pages i linked they have the full list of things all the maxes came with.

8. Grand_Maximus

Grand_Maximus Banned

I have Brave and Grand ;) 

Brave doesn't have the "drones" that combine to form an additional robot (the names are escaping me right now) but these parts come with Grand and Fortress.

Grand and Japanese Fortress come with the Master Swords :drool: 

Grand also comes with a Sword for Grand (his head) as well as a pretender shell ;) 

rhapsodyred99 provided you with a link containing a wealth of information - read it.

9. ichabod

News Credits:
    Yeah that link really helps. after looking up prices for cog, his gun and fort max's gun on ebay, they are waaaay to high priced. 80 bucks for a gun? really? :( 

10. rhapsodyred99

11. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    darkov makes them, had brave, sold it, too big for my old place

12. Grand_Maximus

Grand_Maximus Banned

Well think about it...you're talking about parts for a 20+ year old "masterpiece of transforming history."

Fortress MIB complete with NO yellowing easily goes for say $1500 - I saw one end on eBay the other day for about $2100 shipped (it was the Japanese version).

Grand Maximus goes for $1800-2500 (give or take) MIB complete with NO yellowing.

I say all that to say, let's be sensible...all the additional parts and pieces to these "masterpieces of transforming history" have to have a premium price tag. That's the whole reason why you see collectors of these types of items go after MIB complete or MISB versions of these guys cause trying to piece them together is WAY more expensive most of the time.

13. ichabod

News Credits:
    I know and understand why they are so expensive, It just bums me out. I can't in any way justify 80 dollars for a gun accessory. thats all I'm saying. It not for lack of understanding, its for lack of that high of disposable income.

14. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

brave max as some might know doesn't come with a lot of weapons & accessories that fort max came with.

I had to go to ebay & a few 3rd party TF sites. in order to get a few repro parts like the 2 huge riffle guns. all the smaller guns for cerebros & the feet/bots. I had to get the feet/bot.

I prefer brave max because the added dark colors & the night lights paint apps do wonders to make the city mode look more like a city mode.

15. Grand_Maximus

Grand_Maximus Banned

Gotcha :thumb 

IMHO though...Brave's appeal is his coloring. You really won't miss the accessories that were excluded from him. I wouldn't mind having the big cannon for him but the other accessories (unless you get them all) you don't need for Brave. Now for Fortress and Grand they are a must!