Fortress Maximus to be released?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Agent-GHQ, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    I think back in '03 Fortress Maximus made a come back called the Brave. This clearly shows that Takara has the molds. Anyways, I see a few on eBay from time to time.

I wonder if Takara will do another run like the ones back in '87? Would you buy one if it retails for $300 bucks?

2. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

No, I would not buy one. Way too much money for me to spend on a single toy...

3. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Brave Maximus. Fall/Winter 2000. Didn't sell that well apparently, and they ended up disposing of a few through a competition or two. The toy was also licensed out to Sonokong in South Korea although i can't remember the year.

Between increased production costs, and Tomy's determination to charge top dollar for rather small items, i'm wondering if a reissue would ever be deemed economically viable.

4. Agent-GHQ

Ebay:
    Why wouldn't be deem economically viable? I mean, had only TT use the correct color like the original. I think it would have sold well.

I mean, we have some douchebag paying thousands paying for a freakin loose-complete one off evil bay.

5. Makxsh1mum

Makxsh1mum Well-Known Member

Ya, i can't justify myself paying $500 for that, but i'm sure there's plenty of peeps out there who would. $200 - mayyyyyybe. Still would be tough to justify personally. But if you figure that those freaking seekers are $60 a pop, $200 isn't that unreasonable. $500 - no for me.

6. Agent-GHQ

Ebay:
    Okay, how about $300 bucks?

7. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I would like my own Fortress Maximus one day. But yea, $300.00 is a bit too much.

8. Agent-GHQ

Ebay:
    Ahhhh.... $300 bucks isn't that much people! I'm sure you would spend that much on booze and cigaweed anyways!

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'd never spend $300 on a single toy. Fort Max is worth $100 TOPS. I mought mine off eBay 7 years ago and even if its not complete it's good enough for me. If you're spending $300 on booze you got some issues man. That's a LOT of money, especially the way the economy is right now.

10. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I highly doubt Fort Max will be rereleased. The Car Robots run didn't sell overly well, plus it was missing most of his original accessories.

The only way I would be interested in a reissue would be if it was of Grand Maximus, that way we'd get the master sword, Cerbros' pretender shell, etc. Even then the most I would pay is $200.

11. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:

A quick search indicated that Encore Bruticus will run around 80.00 from an import store. I'm wondering if $300 is a bit optimistic?

12. Agent-GHQ

Ebay:
    Yeah, exactly! I mean we are getting a rereleased Bruticus. And the past, we got the Predaking. And now the Botcon exclusive Posiedon.

I don't understand why TT is hold off on this highly demand character.

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was colored that way because that's what the Brave Maximus character looked like in the Car Robots cartoon. He was released as part of the Car Robots line alongside other repaints of older figures like the G1 Combaticons, G2 Laser, and several Beast Wars molds. Brave Max was also missing a lot of the original toy's accessories (just like the remold of Trypticon released for Beast Wars 2).

As far as its sales go, I don't know any facts about the matter, but I'd assume that if it didn't sell well it was because it's a freaking massive and incredibly expensive toy - not because of the colors. I'm not even sure that Car Robots was all that successful in Japan in the first place, given that Takara gave up on Transformers after that to work on Web Diver.

14. Makxsh1mum

$300 - still no. And luckily for me, i don't drink and don't smoke - saves me $ for my new TF addiction. =)

15. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    LOL! You're one funny guy. You're probably the type of guy who always buy his stuff on clearance and demands brand new Leaders for $10.

I don't drink, but I know plenty of sane and healthy people who spend more than that yearly on beer, wine and stuff.

16. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I probably would consider buying a Fort Max reissue if the price was $300, although that's probably the absolute most I'd be willing to pay for it. Not necessarily because I don't think the figure is worth that much, but that's about all I could afford to pay for one toy. However, I think there's no way a Fort Max reissue would sell for as low as $300. Predaking was somewhere around $200 (IIRC), was a smaller toy and released a few years ago, so there's been inflation since then to take into account as well.

Even for $300, I can't see it selling very well. Many of the people in the fandom who want a Fort Max, and have the financial wherewithal to spend $300 on a toy in the first place, probably already have one. Plus, the more expensive reissues currently out don't seem to be selling that well, with Omega Supreme and Skylynx on clearance a number of places and pre-order prices on Bruticus already dropping.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  17. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

I wouldn't ... seeing that I have all Maximus' ...LOL ... although , if there was some totally different colored version , I'd totally go for it .

18. Makxsh1mum

You hit the nail on the head right there. On both paragraphs. I'm still getting the bruticus, the lowering of the price was a bonus. But it'll be my first combiner. I also did get the encore OS. But this is gonna be about it for my spending at this point. Gotta control myself.

19. Agent-GHQ

Ebay:
    I think characters like Omega and Skylynk did not sell well because the demand for them is probably not as high as FM. Plus, I think the molds were readily available to test out the market.

As for Brut reissue, how can the price already dropped when it hasn't even due yet!??

20. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seems to me like there'd be more market demand for two molds that haven't been released at all since G1, and were both selling for ~$100, compared to one mold that has been re-released twice already (albeit short a few pieces) and would hypothetically be selling for a minimum of $300. And all three are rather obscure characters, so it's not like Fort Max has that as a benefit.

BBTS originally had Bruticus available for pre-order at $94.99, but they recently dropped the pre-order price to $84.99.