Fortress Maximus sticker location??? (1 sticker in question) **nice pic**

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LifePincher, Nov 12, 2006.

1. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

Ok, I've seen many Fort Max's online but everytime I see one, this one sticker is either missing or turned 2 diff. ways.
    Can someone post the 100% correct way this sticker should be stuck?
    The left side greenish chest cover that folds down, how is the sticker supposed to go? Or is there none at all?

Is this right? If not, where does this sticker go?
    [​IMG]

PS: I already know about the left lower 2 leg stickers being in the wrong spot. They go on the rear right leg ;) 

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's no label on any Max on the clear chest compartment. Reprolabels has good Max replacements. I used Reprolabels to complete my Brave Max. Good luck. P.S. the label you show on your MAX is not visable in robot mode. I'll try to find the instructions.

P.S.2. Here you go! http://www.reprolabels.com/Autobots/Autobots/Mapfortressmaximus.jpg

3. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

If I were you, I'd be glad You have one with good stickers at all.

On topic, my official instructions show sticker # 36 from the real Hasbro sheet DOES go on that green door. It just shows a black rectangle, so I cannot comment on orientation other than it looks like yours IS in the correct spot.

SEE HERE: http://www.tfracetrack.com/instructions/g1/autobot/fortmax.jpg

4. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    From what i can tell in the diagram from Repro that Backscatter posted it looks like that sticker is number 20 and should actually be below the clear piece on the blue part.

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

yes there is supposed to be a sticker there. instruction manuel says it is. Mine has the same sticker there and so did two others I had and sold. so It could possibly be a coincidence, however it could not.

6. Backscatter

News Credits:
    Octane, you have your sides reversed. The clear green door is near Max's left shoulder that shows no label. However, the instructions you show are more accurate.

7. LifePincher

I also found catalog scans that show the label below that compartment.....Thanks for the info guys.

At reprolabels, it shows his left compartment door as clear. The old catalog scans from both '87 and '88 also show this as clear. Is this just a diff variation or just pre production mock ups for the catalogs? They also show some diff. color variations in some of the plastic.

Here are the catalog scans---
    http://www.tfracetrack.com/catalogs/a87_catalog.jpg

http://www.tfracetrack.com/catalogs/a88_catalog.jpg

8. LifePincher

So, does anyone know what the deal is with the Clear vs. Greenish left chest compartment?

9. Backscatter

News Credits:
    The Fort Max in the catalogs is most likely a prototype. Also, label #20 from Reprolables is not featured on the original instructions, so I believe this label was added to reflect the prototype. Reprolabels has provided other catlaog prototype labels as well.

P.S. I've written Reprolabels to see if I can just order 3 copies of thier Max's label #20. I'd like to 'update' my Fort, Grand & Brave Max. :D