FORTRESS MAXIMUS Reissue?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by newgen1, Mar 8, 2008.

1. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :)  :)  You got a test shot Jetfire with Hasbro stamp? Any pic? Someone email me about this question and I couldn't answer. Earlier, I was like a 3rd version of Jetfire with Hasbro copyright, never heard of it.

As for FMax, I prefer the original color. I'm counting on Encore TTomy if we have any hope. But before FMax, I would rather see TTomy release Shockwave first. That would be awesome! We didn't expect to see a reissue of Sky Lynx or Omega, look what happen - it gets reissued.

2. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    all i have in pic taking is my cell phone atm and i've been trying to get a good pic but flash (or even backround light on white plastic with the camera washes out the stamp in the pic so untill i can locate the disc for my digi cam you'll just have to take my word on it.

3. butz

butz slippery when wet

Much as I'd love to see Taka-Tomy release it for encore, I can't imagine even they would take that risk at this point (especially without any chance of Hasbro being able to help out with it). Then again, they've done some things that have absolutely dumbfounded me in the past, so maybe I'm wrong?

4. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    LOL
    I happen to like Brave Maximus colors better than Fortress Maximus. To each his own I guess. :D 

5. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    same here.

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Plane and simple out of all the toys that Hasbro bought from other companies [not Takara]
    Omega Supreme
    Jetfire
    Skylynx
    Shockwave
    Whirl
    Roadbuster
    And all 4 Delux Insecticons

only Shockwave was re-released by Takara for their original 80's TF toy line.

Jetfire was never released in Japan under the Transformers brand by Takara.

Takara was not allowed to use the mold for Jetfire for their own TF toyline nor were they allowed to use the likeness of the mold in the cartoon and is the main reason that the character of Skyfire had to be redesigned for the cartoon.

And I know that Macross has made some "newer" molds but I bought a Macross Valkire figure in the early 2000's that claimed to be made from the original molds.

But I guess that could have been a lie.

What you got there is one of the "Hasbro" made figures.Early in the Hasbro TF toyline, To fill toy shelf more quickly Hasbro would acquire TF's for their toyline by two meens.

One they would by up the backstock of the providing companies made figures and paint them to is character designs and they would also buy "licence" the molds of the figures and cast new figures.

Back in 84 [when the Jetfire mold was acquired] Hasbro bought the mold and under the agreement with Takara had Takara factories re-produce the figure for Hasbro's TF toyline and only Hasbros toyline.

Takara had no plans to release the figure in its markets because the mold and the character design was being used by its chief competitor.

Hasbro also bought Bandi's backstock on that figure and its why some of the Jetfire figures still have Macross markings on them.

Now I have heard that there were some Jetfire figures that got released with the Takara stamp on that but I have yet to see one.Most of the figures that Hasbro had Takara factories re-produce did not have a Takara Stamp.

Would you mind posting a few pics????

Thank you both.

7. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Me too. I have a MIB Brave Max so I don't think I would want another of the same mold. I used to have Fort Max but I prefer my Brave Max.

8. texag97

texag97 New Member

Thanks Reminator for the link!

I am the one wanting to know if the original G1 Jetfire/Skyfire had a Hasbro marking on the bottom or were they all Bandai brands? I really thought the Hasbro mark was shown on the one I owned 20 years ago!