fort max price

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by brollicon, Mar 30, 2009.

1. brollicon

brollicon Well-Known Member

hello i keep looking on ebay and people always want 700 and up for a fortress maximus. Just wanted to know ever ones opinion is he really worth that much. Some sellers want that much for just the body. I know he is the holy grail of transformers but to be honest i think 500 is the most he should be but since he is rare the value is a little high. Similair to gi joes aircraft carrier

2. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    Actually Im with you on the $500 thing.

I got lucky and found Spike for $10. Then i hunted down and got Cerebro for $100 and a loose body for $80. That is still $190 for a FM with no accessories. Then I got the plastic injection repro guns for $20 and then ramps, torso guns, cockpit canopy for like $80ish so im at like $290. I still need the arm covers and the red center ramp. I got the repro cog and grommet with the rest of the radardish and another set of main guns from a guy in china. So all said and done i prolly spent close to $400 piecing my FM together.

Does that mean I would sell it for $400? nope. worth more to me. Oh I forgot to mention I also have the repro master sword too.

So $700 is kinda crazy but if it is mint and comes with a box and styro maybe it isnt too far fetched.

Better to go after a Brave Max if you dont want to spend so much

3. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, I got mine and I am missing just the 2 small guns (and a sword I will try to get later) and paid $600/ I sold all of my Alt.'s to get the money, but he is sooooo worth having. Good luck, I have seen some people sell them completely out of the blue for less than $500, but you have to be lucky I guess.

4. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    Having owned a Mint fort max...he is awesome...but a awesome large brick that does nothing...i agree...get a brave max....it is the same thing plus better colors in my opinion....i sold my fort max a few years ago to fund a vacation and do not really regret it...

5. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    Cant help you on the sword, but there was someone selling guns in the sell section. There is also the repro cogg set. It comes with a lot of accessories.

[​IMG]

6. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got mine for $500 after making the poor guy wait for so long. He was going to sell max to me for $400. $700 is really high, and if there are bodies going for that much that's just stupid. I can't see spending more the $550 at MOST for him. As suggested before, if you want just the mold, go for brave max. If you want the character, then you're going to have to be patient and wait for a deal. I'd sell you mine, but I have fond memories of how and when I gt him.

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    $500 - $700 for a mint complete (all authentic, no KO/reproduction parts) Fort max isn't unrealistic.

Back in 2002 I paid about $600 for a mint Fort Max, 100% complete, with a C7-C8 box with inserts (except front cover piece) and used sticker sheet & correction sheet for the instructions. Since then prices have fluctuated, but in general they've been creeping up. Given the couple of recent ebay auctions, I think I'd probably be able to get about $750 - $800 for mine now if I sold it.

8. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I paid $700 for a complete one myself. Today, that is really about fair market value. If you have the means, and are able...I recommend taking the plunge.

9. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:

I wouldnt say he does nothing. He turns into a base. how is that nothing? What do you expect it to do? its not like the hey day of Pre-tfs where Mecahbot-1 (aka omega supreme) actually walked.

It is the larget TF there is. Right? I cant think of anything coming close. I like to pose my legends sized tfs with it and my WSTs.

10. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    yeah...if you have the space and area to dedicate to his large base mode...i do not so he stands there doing nothing...except staring straight ahead :music 

i just did not need 2 of those doing the same thing :rock 

so i liquidated my fort max via ebay to get the $$$$ for a vacation...like i said i would not be against getting him again if i had the room for him...but brave max does the same job just cheaper....and i am running out of space for him right now....

11. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Nothing?! Ha! I call him a centerpiece! Not nothing!

[​IMG]

12. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, mine gets some use too, LOL
    [​IMG][/IMG]

13. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

I got mine for $550 shipped only missing 2 small guns

14. Jefrey8395

Jefrey8395 Mr.COG

^ orly?

15. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

bah, I got mine for $99.99 MISB!

I threw the box away, and 22 years later I realize that the box should've been kept. ha