Fort Max - legit or not?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by beanman, Jan 19, 2012.

1. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    Can't wait to see what happens with this case.

2. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I emailed for additional photos. So far, no replies. Also NO one in 25 years happened to notice 2 large transformers boxes on the shelves? Smells like B%^$ SH%$

3. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

The story is unlikely but stuff like that has happened before. As for the pictures there are more because they are stolen. Someone posted a link to the pictures earlier in the thread.

4. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

RGIS would have figured this out back in the day.............No reason for this to be "potentially" hidden in the back room all these years.

5. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Crazy. Absolutely crazy. Some bidders were over one thousand too right? I can't imagine the nerve to try something like this.

6. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    See that's what I don't get about parents.. Why take your child to a toy store and not buy them anything. The purpose of the toy store is to choose and buy a toy. I see this happen constantly when I go to TRU, I feel bad for the kids. Makes me want to cash out for them to put a smile in their face.

7. entITy

entITy G 1

Seriously 1,500 ??? I can see maybe as its mibs and the most collectible TF...but I wouldnt pay no more than $500 for something like this. (I would never buy this auction, it might just be a empty box or something idk about it...hmmm 0 sells, over 1,000 basic paypal protection...nooo)

Its hard to piss that away on a toy as collector but if a re mold happens your $1,000 toy becomes worth $50 not in box or $100 mibs ???

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah that's why whenever my kids go out with me if I'm hunting I get something for them as well, it's only fair after all.

9. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The amount of sheer stupidity in this thread.....is..well.....

...damn. My head hurts.

10. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

And this is why my 5 year old already has a collection of over 100. Granted he plays with most of them, but they don't go in a tub in the closet when he's done. He has his own shelves by my main display that he loves to show off to friends when they come over.

11. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    Checked this about an hour ago and it was still going with 2 days left, then checked it just before posting this and the auction has ended. I hope someone didn't make the seller a private offer. Hopefully it got pulled.

12. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    Says the item was sold. Huh imagine if it sold for a few hundred and it was actually real. Lmao I hope we find out what happened.

13. entITy

entITy G 1

Exactly...we are discussing it then right after that, bid ends at "US $1,425.00" yet it had 2 days to go (red flag)...newly made 0 sells account with story starting bid over PP protection basic limit, looked fishy as hell. I feel bad for anyone getting ripped off by scammers if that is indeed the case.

Then again I would never buy this for over $500, imagine a re issue reducing its worth.

14. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

I'm starting to feel your pain...

15. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Your forgetting how kids think and operate. That kid haranged the parent from the moment they realized they were in the mall with TRU to got there. Then once in TRU started trying to work them for a new toy. It's an age old grift that kids try and run on their parents. I did it everytime I could. Granted there were no TRU's in eastern Canada back in the day. So I had to run it in Sears and Zellers or K-mart. Never once worked on my mom. And like once on my dad, but only for a Hotwheels.

16. Elrodthealbino

Elrodthealbino Nerd Alert!

Man, this was good for a chuckle. Oh, and I know for a fact the '87 Fort Max came in cases of two, not three.

17. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Last I heard that a Fort Max Repro would go over $350.00 anyway and probably cost at least $100.00 to ship so I can't see the knock off devaluing the original to much the prices are already mad it would just bring them down to merely 'very rich' i.e. under $1,500.

I wouldn't be surprised if the weapons, accessories and the like start showing up soon in Repro form to fun them making the body. the staff already exists and is supposed to be the same company/individual making the full thing.

However it is a very costly project so I would imagine they'd have to try to be sneaky and pop them out a few at a time and hope to fool people as after all not everyone has an original to compare so if the copy is very close then they might get away with it.

There would be a temptation to sell them for $1,500 each for as long as possible rather than the under $500 they probably would otherwise cost.

I would pay $350.00 for a top quality fake Grand Maximus with no worries though. As I think Takara can't be bothered releasing a lot of that old big stuff like Grandus and Diatlas.

18. entITy

entITy G 1

Cool post red alert.

19. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'm kicking myself for not buying those Repro weapons for Car Robots Brave Maximus I don't know what I was thinking. But they are expensive now if you can find them at all I've seen one gun got for upto $100.00 and that isn't even a legit product.

I always think it's sort of strange that more factories have not seen the merit it making things like Metrotitan ramps or Trypticon pieces.

As I've been saying for years it would make my day to have the missing weapons and accessories for God Neptune Gigastorm moulded in the appropriate colours, there was a logical demand for repro Black Zarak parts due to GPS issues - but no one ever seems to give beast wars any love... Poor ol' Gigastorm looks so bare.

20. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That particular one is over 30 years old. Are you in your teens? I remember toys r us ads as far back as 82.

That one particular store is darkly lit and ancient looking inside. One of those places they can clean top to bottom but it still feels "rustic".