Fort Max KO?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mixmasterjay, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Mixmasterjay

Mixmasterjay Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Big rumour!!!!

New KO's expected in the future.... The Transformers that are expected to be released as an Knock-Off are: Starscream, Omega Supreme, Defensor, Menasor and (YES) Fortress Maximus. The first two are very odd because we allready have the reissue's. But the last three are very interesting, especially Fortress Maximus. Hopefully TakaraTomy wakes up and makes a Fortress Maximus.

For now this is a rumour.

(credit goes to Gerard from TLF)

2. lazerrodphill

lazerrodphill Well-Known Member

or knockoffs takara stuff and any good

3. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

If true, the first two probably won't sell well with official Takara releases already existing. I think with the Metroplex news, people will be cautious to jump on these releases.

4. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    qft. Actually, go for it. Release a Fort Max. If Metroplex is anything to go by, that means we'll get a nice Encore release! :D 

5. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

And how much are they gonna be charging for a Fort max KO? $1000.00 + $6000.00 shipping? If they would stop being so greedy maybe there would be a point to making all these KO's but hardly anybody is buying them at the current prices. And they won't reduce the prices, they just keep paying Ebay insertion fees for items that don't sell. To hell with the KO's until they lower the prices.

6. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    The FT. Max box will also come in hammered, wrinkled, scuffed, and with terrible mistakes. With the prices being charged, these things need to be damn near flawless.

TomyTakara has me believing that anything is possible, so I'll be patient for a real release.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, and they'll be as flawed as all the other reissues. Personally, I'll just wait until Takara reissues one.

8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

to hell with knock offs all together...

i want real, reissues!!!

not bootlegs.

9. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

If that's true tham means it'll be a Encore Reissue. I'll wait for that which will be closer to the original than an over priced knock off. But thanks to the KO guys for doing it.

10. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    That's interesting if it really does go thru. Maybe they will release a KO grand max. But since takara is reissuing Metroplex, I might considering waiting to be sure sure they don't reissue Fort max.

11. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    I am officially over KO's I dont have any problem with people buying them or selling them I am just f@#king sick of seeing them, I hope the official metro bankrupts the greedy bastards who make the KO version

12. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

lol, I hear you on that one. I don't care that people buy them and it's gonna be a lot cheaper than purchasing the original MIB so I can see how it's a good alternative.

I would def wait to see if Fort Max will be part of the Encore series. I know some people are probabaly kicking themselves after buying the KO Metroplex and are now finding out that he will be an Encore.

13. Lone_Decepticon

Lone_Decepticon Well-Known Member

Agree with you 100%

14. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Agreed 100%...the only KO I've ever wanted to buy was the Black G1 Prime...but yeah $59 plus $39 shipping...don't think so...

15. SmokescreenSWE

SmokescreenSWE Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if there's a Fort Max KO for less than $120 or so, he's mine. Even if there's a real version down the line... having a spare Max to kitbash for articulation would be the best thing ever :D 

16. atomicthumbs

atomicthumbs Bots > Savings Acct

Never had one. No friends had one.

I WANT ONE!

I'll wait to see if it'll be an Encore release though (should have with Metroplex - thought the mold was no more).

Is there a list of G1 molds that are gone for good? Just so I don't make the same mistake twice.

17. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

I'd say Fort Max reissue is very possible since the molds were used only recently (with the Brave Max repaint), and although there apparently is some minor mold damage (Spike doesn't sit quite right on Cerebros), considering they fixed Jazz's face, why not that too.

18. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wonder if Menasor will have the proper limbs and what color Hot Spot will be?! :lol 

19. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    If there was a Fort Max KO, I'd be tempted.

Every DAMN time I got close to getting one, I get outbid by 40 or 50 dollars in the last minute. And damn that trying to piece one together slag.

I doubt there would be an encore of Fort Max. Doesn't seem feasible with the Brave Maximus a little over what, six or seven years ago? I REALLY hope they bring one out though.

20. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

After news of the Metroplex reissue, you'd have to be crazy to buy a bootleg of Fort Max. I really think he'll be reissued in the not-too-distant future. That's one mold we can be fairly certain they still have.