Fort Grand Brave Maximus Upgrades - Would You Buy Them?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CURAMEN, Sep 15, 2010.

1. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    For everyone who owns a Fort, Grand and Brave Maximus...

Would you guys be interested in seeing and/or buying upgrades for your Fort, Grand and Brave Maximus such as Articulated Hands, LED Weapons and a Cartoon Accurate Mastersword?

Your thoughts and opinions...

2. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Articulated hands, yeah, sword, maybe. I could care less about LED weapons though.

3. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    I'm interested but I have to see what the upgrades would look like before I can say I would buy it or not. But I'm interested...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  4. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I personally wouldn't. To me, G1 is G1. Those figures and their style and such were from a different time and era, and that's part of the reason why we love them. They were clunky, boxy and most often bricks, but that's how they were. I've seen the crazydevy stuff, and to me, that's just not appealing. G1 Devastator was not meant to have articulation, or poseability. And to me, the Predaking upgrade is a waste.

I personally am happy with my G1s as is. If I wanted a cool looking super articulated figure, I'll wait for either FansProject or TFclub to design figures or upgrades. If you want cool design and articulation, you get the Classics series.

The other issue I have is that in the case of Max, any sort of articulation upgrade is going to require a lot of rework to the figure. G1s weren't really meant to come apart other than the way they were transformed. Even the recent Bruticus upgrade kit required that Onslaught's head be removed to replace it with the new one. You'd have to have some balls and some deep pockets to have a fort max that you'd be willing to do that to.

On a similar note, somebody at Botcon this year did a custom just like you were speaking of and got 3rd place at in the custom contest.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/creative-general-discussion/309219-botcon-2010-you-radicon-2.html

Only pic I could find off hand.

5. motorhead9999

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind another form or reissue of the Master Sword though. To me, that's something that's non-intrusive to the figure. Plus, I could use one for my RiD Optimus/Magnus figure and hopefully not to pay the $200+ going rate for one of them.

6. ExtremeGz

ExtremeGz Autobot/Decepticon Spy

Ebay:
    Yea sure, as long as I don't have to damage my grail to put on the attachments and hands!

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Nope. Only thing I've added on is a repro sword for Cerebros. I'm not taking a screwdriver to one of my most expensive TFs.

8. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't own such a grail, but if I did, I would probably say no also. It's such a expensive toy that it's not worth it to fix.
    Also, a minor slip with a screw driver could leave you out of more money than what you paid. Another thing is, Geewunners love a original toy, espically one as grand as Maximus. When you add repro parts, Geewunners die a little inside.

9. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    As least I would be interested in the cartoon accurate mastersword what it would look like....

10. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I already bought all the Repro guns/weapons/toes bots/accesories for my brave max that the toy didn't come with. basically all the stuff fort max came it.

if the price is decent I might buy other stuff. thus far the repro master sword is out of my price range.

I heard of repro masterforce grand max pretender shells. but never saw one or the price.

11. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like articulated hands and the mastersword for a reasonable price. The led lights don't interest me and would drive the cost up.

12. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Now this I would buy. Send Cerebros and the Emissary to live among the flesh creatures!

13. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

I own an minty Fort Max btw. No Box, but he is complete.

[​IMG]

Why? Are you thinking of making or producing something?

I'd be interested in Articulation, but it would have to be "whole limb replacement"..... Minus ramps and all the weapons of course.

Sell 2 articulated arms to replace the originals for example. Or one at a time :D 
    EDIT-- Yes, I'll take 1 arm and one leg ;) 

As for weapons...... No.

14. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I've Brave Max as well and also got the repro guns and even the reprolabels sticker set for him. However, I never heard of a repro Grand Max shell, I remember a board member wanting to make repros and asking for a Shell to make the repro's from, but I never saw anything to indicate that he had gotten it. He was the first and only person I ever saw about the Grand Max shell being repro'd, other then on various repro sites as original parts they'd trade for or buy.

Back to the question, likely not. Outside of the Pretender Shell, I can't think of anything they could possibly sell that would interest me. Articulated hands mean nothing and would likely sacrifice the hand guns transforming mechanism. Even a superhuge master sword isn't something I'd want to see. There's no way to add articulation without coming out with whole new limbs and even then it would be a major pain for anyone to do the limb replacements. Plus, it's not like Brave Maximus is a major brick, he's well enough articulated IMHO; and I'm an articulation whore!

15. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    I'd consider it..
    I'd have to see how it turns out though...

16. motorhead9999

News Credits:
    Quite honestly, I think if TFclub's Devastator is both good AND successful profitwise (that's a big if we don't know yet), I wouldn't put it beyond the realm of possibility that we could one day see a Fansproject/TFclub style Fort Max figure. Would it be awesome? More than likely. Would it bring a tear to many a fans eye? Yep. Would our wallets cry? More likely suicide.

Anyone Robotech/Macross fans here remember that Masterpiece style SDF-1 that they had the prototypes for a while back? The one that was either same size as Fort Max, or slightly bigger? God that would have been awesome... shame it never made it into production outside of a proposed special order resin kit...

17. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    Regarding the 1/2000 Macross SDF-1 well they made several of them at $2500 each, I forgot how many they made. And Yamato is making a smaller Macross at 1/3000 for about $400 to be release soon, ETA Decemeber...

As for TFCLUB, I hope they tackle FortMax if Takara doesn't do it first.

18. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    not to crazy about an add-on set, but if it included a replacement cerebros i would cry tears of joy

i still hate everyone who owns a fort max and got a second cerebros for their shelf just for cerebros!!!! makes the impossible task of finding a damn cerebros even more impossible

19. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    would be interested in hands (as long as I don't have to do any surgery to my fig) and the pretender shell.

20. motorhead9999

News Credits:
    I doubt Hasbro would ever do something Fort Max scale again. If anything, it'd have to be a Takara figure that we'd have to import. The days of $100 giant action figures and playsets (think Fort Max, USS Flag) are over. If we got a Fort Max Hasbro release, he'd end up being Unicron sized at best I feel. Help us 3rd party, you're our only hope...