"Forgotten" fan-fic.

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Novastorm, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Novastorm

Novastorm Member

Welcome to the show! I have coughed up something I hope you will like. This is set in the G1 contnuity but takes a detour from that established timline in that the fates of some characters do not follow their ultimate fate as seen in the 86 movie. The Decepticons have established a trade agreement with a race of beings on the outer rim and Starscream is in charge of shipments running smoothly. Of course, if it all went as planned then there would be little to write about...

Primary characters are Thundercracker, Skywarp, Starscream, and Bluestreak.

FORGOTTEN by G. Donaldson –Chapter 1

The last few hours of this flight were wearing thin on his patience. As he sealed another container, Thundercracker felt the anger building. How much longer can I do this? He had never completely agreed with Megatron's actions and now the thought of ferrying weapons and supplies to an alien race, knowing all too well that they would eventually pay the ultimate price for forming a partnership with the Decepticons, was more than he could bear. One day I am going to burst and it will probably get me killed.

Starscream put down his datapad and walked toward the door leading out of the cargo bay, "We're approaching orbit of the planet. I'm going to the bridge to oversee everything goes as scheduled. Finish loading these containers so we can ship them as soon as we land. I want to get off this heap ASAP."

The corridor door hissed shut behind him and Thundercracker took a long breath. It was coming.

Skywarp set down his box down by the others and picked up the datapad, checking it off, "Thundercracker, how many you got left to do?"

Thundercracker didn't want to answer him. He knew as soon as Starscream had left the bay that Skywarp would pipe up. He loathed being right, "This makes 24. Now shut-up so I can finish up before we go planetside." It wouldn't work though. Skywarp never shut his trap when he was alone with him. It was bad enough that they were arming a race to destroy themselves but he was boxing up the weapons himself and he felt powerless to stop it. Sometimes the Decepticon war machine just seemed too large to even try to stop. He could still remember a time when it was in its infancy and so many times he wished he could go back to that time and disband the group before it grew out of hand.

"You're always so touchy. What the scrap happened today to make you so grumpy?" Skywarp paused and smiled. "You wanna hear what me and Skimrunner did the other day?"

Here it comes, just as he knew it would. Thundercracker was so easily annoyed by Skywarp's stories, "No, I don't. I don't care, Skywarp."

As he picked up another container to load, Skywarp began laughing, "So me and Skimrunner came up on this small supply depot outside Kaon, and he justs busts on in there. I heard some screamin' so I went in too. Man that place was small and it was chock full of mini-bots. By the time I got in there ol' Skim was already pressing down on the chest plate of one of 'em and offlined it without firing a shot. He started firing then and they started toppling over like rag dolls. I picked up that there were some in a back room and teleported back there and started shooting even before I completely phase-shifted. That's always fun, to see bots fallin' before I completely materialize!"

"Who were they?" Thundercracker said, interrupting Skywarp.

"Who were they? Who cares? They are wasted now, let Primus sort 'em out." Skywarp gloated, "You always want to know names. What does it matter. All that matters is who's functioning at the end."

"You don't have to agree with me 'Warp, it just matter to me." Now Thundercracker felt the conversation was over and he could get back to his thoughts, uninterrupted.

But Skywarp liked making Thundercracker squirm, "You sure you're cut out for this T? Maybe I should tell Megatron what you're really doing when his optics are turned."

It was an empty threat but he always made it. Empty because Thundercracker had far more incriminating evidence on Skywarp than the other way around. Skywarp was always acting on impulses and performing some sort of juvenile acts that would get him offlined if Megatron only knew. Skywarp knew this which is why he never went to Megatron like he always threatened.

Skywarp set his container down and leaned against it, "Talkin' about names, who was that one bot a while back? You know, that one you let out of the city after we had decimated it? We leveled everything there, but you just had to let this one bot off the hook."

"Let this go Skywarp. You know I don't like to talk about all this old stuff and I'm really getting tired of you bringing it up." Thundercracker was almost shaking he was getting so angry.

"Just tell me his name and I'll shut up."

He knew Skywarp wouldn't be quiet that easy, But his patience was not at the level it needed to be. He sighed in resignation, "Bluestreak,"

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  2. Novastorm

Novastorm Member

Forgotten –Chapter 2

"Yeah, Bluestreak. How do you remember that stuff?" The memory of the incident bought a smile to his face. Pretty much anything bought a smile to his face as long as it involved someone getting hurt. He reveled in causing pain and humiliation. Skywarp's optics narrowed and he lowered his voice," You know what I did to that bot?"

Thundercracker put his welding torch down, enough was enough. Skywarp's games wore thin quick anyway, but on this long trip to outer rim to deliver guns and weapons, he could not take one more word out of the other Seeker. "You didn't do anything to him. You flew back with me to the hangar. I mean sure you beat him up some before we left him on the outskirts of town, but that was it. Don't go telling me what you did when I was there with you, knucklehead."

Thundercracker's posture let Skywarp know that he getting angry. Pretty soon he would be mad enough to fight. T was so easy to get riled up. Just pushing buttons. It was almost too easy. He stood up, no longer leaning on the crate. He folded his arms so his cannons were prominently displayed, "Yes, but I went back that night. I had put a tracking chip on him before we let him go. He was so easy to find, really, he hadn't hardly moved. He didn't even react when I flew down to him and pounded the ground with my landing. I picked him up by the throat and lifted him off the ground. I shoved his head against the wall of the warehouse he was near. He just looked back at me with empty optics. Lifeless. However, I do remember names, sometimes, when it's handy. I said, 'I offlined your buddy Prowl' That got him going. He started writhing around, trying to kick me, trying to pull my hand from his neck."

Thundercracker dismissed him, "You are a liar, Skywarp." He was hoping he was a liar. It did sound like something the purple Seeker would do. He just didn't understand the behavior that many of his fellow Decepticons exhibited. He couldn't work on containers now if he had wanted to.

Skywarp opened a port in the side of his head and popped out a mechanical piece, which he then tossed to Thundercracker, "Am I? Check out the memory-vid."

Thundercracker felt flushed when the chip was in the air. It can't be true! The small chip felt heavy when he caught it. He paused, gripping the chip in his fist. He wanted to crush it. Wanted to blow the diodes out of the warrior. He glared at him for what seemed like minutes. Then he took a step back and installed the memory-vid.

Skywarp's smile widened.

Watching someone else's memory-vid was disorienting. It almost felt like an out of body experience. It also decreased your awareness of your surroundings as the vid played over your optics, like seeing two television signals at once. Thundercracker lifted his right arm and pointed his cannon at Skywarp, "Don't come near me when I watch this thing."

Skywarp nodded, still grinning. He rubbed his hands together in anticipation. He had wanted to tell Thundercracker about this for a long time.

3. Novastorm

Novastorm Member

Forgotten –Chapter 3

Thundercracker put his cannon on target lock on Skywarp as he accessed the memory-vid. Tracking his every move, he watched as Skywarp took a moment and leaned back onto the container of weapons, never taking his optics off his comrade. He scanned through the other atrocities that Skywarp had committed during the attack on the city prior to them finding that lone blue and silver Autobot. Through the footage of them returning to base. Returning it to real-time, he played the memory-vid when Skywarp transformed and took off during Starscream’s briefing of their next day’s targets and objectives. The tracking monitor blipped as he drew closer to the Autobot that Thundercracker had insisted to let live as an example to other Autobots, though Skywarp knew the real reason. He could see the Autobot in the distance lying prostrate in the rubble. Readings indicated he had only moved 24.2 feet in the 72.6 breems since they had last had contact with him. He strafed the bot on his final dive before transforming and striking his landing within inches of his head.

The bot didn’t flinch although he did moan. Was he almost dead? Analysis indicated he was at 42 percent energy levels, nowhere near stasis-lock. Although Skywarp would take any fun he could have, this one had to be livened up for a couple reasons. It was eating at him that he had offlined so many traitorous rebels in the last few days and he was denied this one vessel to add to his body count. He was also thoroughly annoyed at Thundercracker’s behavior, even though he had witnessed before how lenient he was toward these bots. He had seen how Thundercracker shot them quick to end their misery and it made him almost sick. ‘Cracker also had let a couple bots go when he thought no one was looking. He had gone behind him and offlined many of the escapees when Thundercracker had moved on to other parts of the city as it lay in fire and ruins. He had seen his blue comrade access records of survivors and watched his face turn to anguish when he learned the true fates of bots he thought he had let live. All this bought pleasure to Skywarp, but it also bred resentment to his circuits.

He lifted the Autobot from the rubble by his neck. The Autobot offered no resistance even as he walked over to a reinforced wall and slammed his head against it. Blue lifeless optics stared back at him. His body remained limp. With his free arm, Skywarp aimed his machine gun at the bot’s left hand and opened fire until it was severed and fell to the ground. Nothing but a hollow moan. He accessed his circuits for Autobot specifications and searched for a match to the bot’s configuration. Quickly it came up with a match. Designation: Prowl. Skywarp had watched as Skimrunner offlined that bot the previous solar cycle, “What’s your name, Autobot?” He knew that Thundercracker had found out this bot’s designation before he had left him but had failed to inform Skywarp, trying to protect him. It would do no good. “I offlined your buddy Prowl yesterday. What do you think of that?”

The optics flared to life, and a garbled scream emitted from the smaller bot. Although pinned against the wall, he desperately began moving. He started to kick at Skywarp. Tried to hit him with his right fist. He even used his left stub to beat on the Seeker’s purple wrist to free himself. But Skywarp was too strong and too large.

This newfound life delighted Skywarp and he started to laugh encouragingly, “That’s it little buddy. Fight for your life. Fight for your dead friends and I promise you can join them soon.” He threw the Autobot to the ground.

He struck the ground hard. He had tried to brace his landing with his hands but severe pain shot up his left arm and he screamed in terrible agony. He knew he was fighting for his life and rolled over onto his back, rotating his shoulder mounted missiles up to bear on the Decepticon. He fired both of them at Skywarp, who teleported out of sight. The missiles exploded against the building wall, debris flying and fire engulfing the alley. He had missed! He drew his laser rifle from his thigh compartment and held it out in front of him in the darkness, trembling.

“Missed me, bot. You’ve gotta be quicker than that to offline your new friend Skywarp, “ he taunted from the darkness, flames and shadows dancing off the buildings and remains.

The Autobot heard a strange pulse and then the voice started again, this time instantly closer, “What have you got to live for Autobot? Your friends are with Primus.” A pause, ”Do you believe in Primus?”

“Frak you, Decepticon. You know gorram well you killed my brother!”

Brother? Skywarp was perplexed. He had heard of such things, but wasn’t aware of any real findings on the subject. He wasn’t brothers with any of the Seekers. What did it mean? This just got a little more interesting, he thought. From his vantage point, he could see the Autobot coming closer, rifle pointed toward him. He teleported again, this time he positioned himself behind the scared mech. “Prowl was your brother? So who does that make you?”

He whirled around toward the voice again, the shadows and flames dying down but still obscuring his vision, “My name is Bluestreak.”

4. Novastorm

Novastorm Member

Forgotten –Chapter 4

"How long until we reach the surface, Stratoraptor?" Starscream asked impatiently. The thought of touching down on this planet made his exo-shell crawl. He absentmindedly scratched his arm. This place is worse than Earth with its overactive plant and animal life. How do they live like that? How can something so fragile as these creatures have climbed to the top of the food chain?

Stratoraptor was looking intently at his instruments as he could see little out of the windshield. The weather in this atmosphere was always thick with precipitation. Rain. Hail. Always something. It even wreaked havoc on the instruments but he knew how to read the misreadings and compensate for them to reach the drop points and return to space. No one else could do it. He glanced at the arrival panel, "Six and a half breems, Starscream" he barked.

"That's too long, Strato," Starscream growled, shaking his head. Slag, he hated this trip. Although he had done it a half dozen times, he dreaded each one. They had better get those containers done on time. If they don’t, he just might be tempted to leave those responsible behind. He turned toward the other side of the bridge, "Vectorassault. What's the status on those containers?" .

"You were in there a breem ago. You tell me!" Vectorassault snapped.

Starscream leaned over the charcoal and silver Seeker, irritated, "Then get your aft up and check on them!"

Vectorassault despised the Commander. He sighed, taking his feet off his console and began to push the comm-button.

He was startled by a blue fist slamming down and beaming red optics leaning into his face, "No, Vector. You had your chance to give me a straight answer. I said to get your slaggin' aft up and check on Skywarp and Thundercracker!" he screeched, oil-spittle running down his chin. He stood up and kicked the lazy Decepticon. In a frenzy, teeth bared, he kept on kicking the armored Seeker until he fell out of his chair and pointed a weapon at him. The Decepticon grabbed his chair arm to lift himself and froze at the sight of looking down the barrel of a null ray cannon. "Oh, and Vector. Make it quick."

Vectorassault got to his feet and made his way to the door leading to the corridor, Starscream watching the limping mech intently until the bridge door closed behind him.

Thick, dark swirling clouds and driving rain blanketed the bridge windows. Lightning flashed in front of the ship, illuminating the bridge. The ship jerked violently to the side by the concussion of the discharge. Starscream stumbled and thought he saw something reflective in the distance. He squinted but it seemed to vanish. Slag, I've never been to a planet with this kind of weather. I don’t know how Stratoraptor navigates this mess and avoids other aircraft. I can’t see anything. It pays good though. It had better, Starscream thought as he gripped a railing to keep from falling. He made his way to the command chair and sat down promptly. Normally he wouldn't engage the lap belt but he was taking no chances this time.

He hoped this transaction would go smoothly, "Thrust, hail the puss-bags on the surface and confirm our arrival time. Everyone be ready at your stations when we land to finish this and get the slag back to Cybertron. I don't want to be here one astrosecond longer than I have to. "

5. Novastorm

Novastorm Member

Forgotten –Chapter 5

Although one of Thundercracker's formidable weapons was trained on him, Skywarp was the image of relaxation. A skilled warrior, he had had too many guns pointed at him in his life to feel otherwise. Sure Thundercracker had fired at him before, but there weren't many who hadn't, Decepticon or otherwise. Of course there was one that penetrated that cool demeanor. It was a perfect circle of black death when it was pointed between your optics. Megatron's fusion cannon. That one had bought Skywarp to his knees, even when it wasn't ready to be fired. Thankfully that one was far away at this point. They had made the run to this crazy planet numerous times to fill the Decepticon's coffers.

That cannon of death might be the last thing Skywarp saw if Megatron really knew the details of the transactions with the beings of this planet. When negotiations with this species began, Starscream quickly took over and volunteered the Seekers for the transport of weapons and collection of currency. Megatron knew Screamer would skim off the top, but allowed the Air Commander to do it so he wouldn't have to be involved. However, Megatron had no idea how bold Starscream would be. Of the currency collected, only 40 percent made its way to the Decepticon leader. The rest was divided between the Seekers, with Starscream getting the lion's share. The idea of Megatron finding out was far more to fear than having any Seeker's cannon pointed at him. So he looked on as Thundercracker continued playing the vid.

Thundercracker clenched his mouth shut in anger as he watched Skywarp playing cat and mouse with the small Autobot he had worked so hard to set free. He bowed his head, still watching, and raised his other arm mounted cannon, fists held tight. Through the vid-feed he could see Skywarp staring straight back at him.

Bluestreak's optics were damaged and couldn't adjust to the minimal light given off by the moon, much less the prancing flames that were dying down. He heard a pulse, then felt the sharp pain as his shoulder mounted launchers were ripped from his body, mechanical fluid spraying the mech’s bodies, and watched in horror as they were thrown to the ground. He screamed in agony, struggling to keep his optics open, as he started to turn around and felt his rifle swatted from his hand. Several bright flashes of light blinded him as Skywarp fired his machine guns. Intense pain exploded on his left torso as the rounds penetrated his hide, the force pushing him to the ground. The impact was hard and loud as several tons of metal crashed on the rubble of the ruined city. He winced in searing pain but remained conscious. The crash echoed in the distance, only amplifying the fact that he was alone in the dark with a monster who was intent on killing him. He had been singled out. Hunted. Bluestreak strained his optics to make out details in the immediate area. Somehow he felt at peace. It was quiet now. The only sound was the Seeker's feet crunching on the gravel as he approached his prey. He was laying on his side and couldn't lift his head as he watched the purple feet come closer, then stop.

Skywarp wiped his face of Bluestreak’s bodily fluids, “You got some nerve little guy, launching those missiles at me. You'd have had a better chance with your rifle. Bullets are faster than missiles and I am faster than both, " he gloated with a sly smile plastered across his visage.

He looked down on the Autobot's wrecked carcass. Fluid was leaking from several points now and formed pools on the ground. Moonlight reflected in the liquid that was swarming around his feet. Skywarp looked down at his arms where fluid had burst onto his exo-shell, and onto his chest. He looked over as some dripped from the tip of his wings. This is how he liked it. He liked getting dirty with his enemy’s vital liquids. It felt primal. It meant death was near. He squatted down by the Autobot's face, and started, "You know, I don't know why you were---"

The vid cut off as Thundercracker was knocked off his feet as the ship rocked to the side. The concussion from the thunder was deafening in the cargo bay. There were no windows, but he knew outside it was a raging storm like no other planet. He saw Skywarp stumble over a crate that slid in his way. The rumble continued as the containers shook, some spilling their contents all over the floor. The emergency lights flashed and the klaxon blared. Thundercracker steadied himself and ran toward the black Seeker, jumping over fallen debris. His mind was a whirlwind. I hate what I’ve become. Hate what the Decepticons stand for. I can’t bear the thought of any more robots getting offlined. I have to break free of the Decepticon stranglehold. Skywarp will be the first to pay! They can't get away with this anymore!

6. Novastorm

Novastorm Member

Forgotten –Chapter 6 Maybe I'll post a chapter every couple days, so it's not overwhelming.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  7. Novastorm

Novastorm Member

Forgotten –Chapter 7 Anyone out there?

8. Novastorm

Novastorm Member

Chapter Forgotten -Chapter 8 Poor Bluestreak...

9. Novastorm

Novastorm Member

Forgotten -Chapter 9 It all ends here!

10. Novastorm

Novastorm Member

Forgotten-Epilogue A little bit of what happened after...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008