Forget Thundercracker (for a minute) Let's talk Sunstorm!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LadyStarscream, Sep 20, 2012.

1. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I am still thinking about ordering MP-11S but not sure it's worth the price, and I'm seeker obsessed. It's one of those things I think isn't worth it, but I am sure I will regret if I don't buy him. For those who have him, do you consider him worth the price? Technically I could buy 3-4 Thundercrackers at retail for the price of one Sunstorm. Not that I really would, but these are the things I think about when I can't sleep. :lol 

2. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Nope. But few if any Takara Masterpieces are.

Response has been muted. I don't think its going to disappear any time soon.

3. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The price is high but man do I want to buy Sunstorm, and I will cave eventually. I've been keeping tabs on how many BBTS and robot kingdom have in stock and if that numbers starts to get too low, I'll probably bite.

4. wildfly

News Credits:
    Robotkingdom's stock numbers don't necessarily mean a lot. They just randomly add extra stock sometimes.

5. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The color seems to be hit or miss with people. I like it, but not enough to pay that price for it. Another option would be the Igear version which is a different color.

6. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I have been doing the same! :lol 

I already own the Igear version, but I also own (I think) every other Sunstorm release both official and unofficial, both yellow and orange! ;) 

7. AtariPrime

AtariPrime Active Member

No offense to any Sunstorm fans out there but why would I want a character who was barely even mentioned in the cartoon? I would say he played second fiddle to Starscream, but thats not true. Characters like Skywarp and Thundercracker played second fiddle to Starscream. Sunstorm was the equivalent of the no name guy who always died on Star Trek. He was nobody and not worth a toy.

8. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I own it, and do not regret it at all - as a matter of fact, while I'm not a huge Sunstorm fan, I think this may be the best looking MP Seeker, and it looks tons better than the iGear version. Plus, it caters to both the orange and yellow lovers since the top half/front of plane is more orange, and it blends to bright yellow on the bottom half/back of plane.

I say if you have the money, go for it - I think you'll be happy with that decision.

9. wildfly

News Credits:

Because.........the franchise goes beyond the cartoon?

Just to clarify: I don't regret it either, but i'm just slightly on the positive side of neutral about it.

10. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    I do like mine. As for waiting to see if the price drops... Well, I can only reference my own experience, but I waited on both MP-11 and MP-10, hoping to score a second of each not so much at a lower price but simply when I could afford them. One sold out and the other's price kept rising. Granted, they're both more known than Sunstorm, but this new spark in MP interest Takara and Hasbro are generating is changing the "wait for a lower price" game.

... And what's great about this one is that he's both yellow and orange.
    Man, you must miss out on a lot of neat stuff if you only stick with what was seen in the G1 cartoon.

11. AtariPrime

AtariPrime Active Member

" Because.........the franchise goes beyond the cartoon?"

I think most fans would say that anything after the original run of the cartoon is invalid.

"Man, you must miss out on a lot of neat stuff if you only stick with what was seen in the*G1*cartoon."

Similar thought, I really don't think I'm missing out. Its kinda like a Star Wars novel, maybe an interesting read but it doesn't mean anything.

12. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's nothing like Star Wars. Star Wars was a specific story, Transformers isn't cool because of some great story, it's a concept and a gimmick, cool robots that turn into stuff.

13. AtariPrime

AtariPrime Active Member

I disagree.

14. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    if you have the money for it go for it! the color scheme is outstanding they really pop! the way the orange and yellow are blended looks so good and pictures really do not do that justice!! yeah its expensive but not much more than takara mp11 starscream and i in no way regret buying it :wink: 

15. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I say if you have the means and it's available - go for it! The new Seeker mold is just fantastic and it's not a bad thing to have more of it. I don't have it myself, but from all the pics I've seen it's a great toy :) 

16. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    What Sunstorms are you eyeing? 2 Thundercrackers at retail are around 140 USD, that's like 10 USD less than Sunstorm on robot kingdom.

17. wildfly

News Credits:
    Not-sure-if-serious.jpg

18. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If your a fan of seekers I recommend it, however if the money is bothering you that much it's not that bad if you skip him. I've got a Sunstorm collection so mine will fit in with that as well as my seeker trio so it was a no-brainer for me.

I will not post any pictures due to already being blamed for other members purchasing of Sunstorm.

19. Trent

Trent Froody

News Credits:
    Wow. What do you think then of all the G1 characters that never even got a run in the cartoon?

Top Spin
    Twin Twist
    Whirl
    Roadbuster
    The deluxe insecticons
    Impactor

That's just what I can think of off the top of my head.

None of those characters deserve a toy either you reckon?

20. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    And i bet they will thank you for posting the pictures once they have him in hand!!!