Forget Classics, who should Fansproject do next!?!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by drmick, Apr 9, 2010.

1. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There have been a couple of "Who should be done next in Classics/Universe?" threads.

But why are we pining after Hasbro (apart from the fact they toys are considerably cheaper)?

Fansproject have shown with City Commander, unSpringer, imSwindle and not-Blast Off, and tru-Superion that they have some serious talent and skill.

So who should they do next? But think about this one logically, don't just create a wishlist. And remember, Rodimus Prime, Broadside and Wreck-gar are coming (hopefuly), so let's assume they are certain.

My examples:

1. G1 Scourge
    Over in Radicons there are some super sweet customs. So for those with skill, he's reasonably easy to do well. However, such skill is apparently not with Hasbro, as they have only given us the embarassing BotCon version.

2. G1 Thunderwing
    A serious heavy-hitter and prominent G1 character. Hasbro have never attempted him. His Pretender-ness poses a challenge for the designer to homage well. HasTak have started the ball rolling with ROTF Bludgeon, so let's see FP try to improve on that formula.

3. G1 Devastator
    Ok, so Hasbro have tried this somewhat. In the other FP-specific threads opinion seems divided on whether FP should do add-ons for the existing (albeit rare) Energon/Universe version, or whether they should design a newbuild from the ground up. This latter option is not as far fetched as you would think, as FP already have a brand-new Combiner in the works. However, I reckon Devy, more than everyone else, might incur some legal issues.

4. Powermaster Prime/Super Ginrai (for Classics Prime)
    FP have already shown they know their Classics Prime in intimate (ahem) detail). Could they modify the City Commander formula to create a Powermaster Prime?

There are probably others. I thought about Kup, Sandstorm, Blitzwing and Perceptor too, as Hasbro haven't really done these guys well (Animated Blitzwing doesn't really count, and the BotCon Kup certainly doesn't). But you do get the feeling that some of those guys should come (Blurr is on his way for example).

Thoughts?

2. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I'm guessing they'll do Rodimus' trailer, Broadside, Wrek-Gar, and then that weird ass Mammoth thing. Also, I'm guessing, a Spinister and Sandstorm repaint of Springer. After that I'd imagine another triple changer, probably Blitzwing because he's the only one I can think of that hasn't been done. I'd love to see them do a Sixshot though I imagine that would be a bitch to engineer.

3. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually I would like to see them do a Classics Arcee or Trailbreaker.

4. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would like them to do Sandstorm and Broadside then start on the headmasters and targetmasters as we are unlikely to get them from hasbro/takara.

5. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

IDW Fort Max (Warden), Scrounge (Spy), Impactor ( Commander), Scourge (Cannon Fodder er Tracker), Thunderwing (Stormbringer design, Nightmare), Macabre (War Criminal)

6. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    List of Transformers that Fansproject needs to do:

Autobots:
    1. Cosmos
    2. Doublecross
    3. Nosecone
    4. Omega Supreme
    5. Paddles (the new Dinobot who appeared in The Transformers Legends)
    6. Sandstorm
    7. Sludge
    8. Twin Twist

Decepticons:
    1. Apeface
    2. Beastbox
    3. Reflector
    4. Slugfest
    5. Squawktalk
    6. The Terrorcons/Abominus
    7. The Seacons/Piranacon
    8. Trypticon

7. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fansproject has a long enough list as it is and I can't afford to buy everything they produce if it's huge. Based on the $100 for the add-on set a full combiner would be $250-$300 from them. For now, I'm okay with $30 energon combiners from Hasbro.

8. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Stunticons.

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

It makes a lot of sense for FP to create a Kit(s) for use with the Energon/Classics Devastator molds. Beyond that, and I'm going more by common sense as opposed to a typical TF fan's wet dream wish list, it's possible they could create a G1-themed Arcee toy since we've already gotten CC and Defender (with Protector in the pipeline). I wouldn't be surprised if Blurr was produced, despite Hasbro giving us an eventual repaint from Generations Drift. Wreck-Gar is also a possibility as they might be looking to fill in some of the Season 3 cast. Wheeljack too.

10. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, I said in the original post not to generate a random wishlist. You've just posted some random characters there.

I never thought of Warbot Defender being repurposed for another character. I don't think Spinister is prominent enough (alas!), and ultimately he is a simple redeco of Energon Bulkhead/Quickstrike. But could he work as Sandstorm? I'm not so sure.

11. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    There WILL be Defender repaints though. I'd bet his sword on it. Most likely a new character, like the one in Defender's comic.

I really think they could produce the best Predaking ever. Based on their season three focus and the fact the closest Hasbro might come is a Power Core Combiner, I think it would be a grand slam concept and about the only thing that could top what we've seen already from them.

12. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i want a fp arcee. it will go perfect w/ warbot. even the colors match perfectly.

13. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Arcee
    Kup
    An original version of all the constructicons
    Stunticons
    wreckgar
    Powermaster armor
    Overlord
    Slipstream

14. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Oh, if they were to do a Predaking, I'd have to fly over and get the first one printed off the line.

How about a G1 Sixshot. I'd love to see what they would do with him.

15. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Skyfire, as he looked in the G1 cartoon. Some people might say Classics Jetfire is close enough, and some might say Henkei Jetfire is even closer. While I like that sculpt, I say neither the Classics or Henkei version is close enough. I hope to see Fansproject take up the task and give old Skyfire the honor he deserves.

16. ki1983ng

ki1983ng Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They could create the rest of the combiners that are similar to the Energon/Superlink combiners i.e. to continue their Crossfire line. With Powercore coming up, I doubt Hasbro would release combiners that fit in together with ROTF/Universe Bruticus and Superion in the near future. Also, seeing Roadbuster appear in Defender's comic, it is possible that he's in the Warbot series.

17. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are NOT random!!! I carefully selected them! :mad 

18. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    They should do a Sandstorm, Blitzwing and Six-Shot. Maybe a Shockwave conversion kit for Energon Shockblast.

19. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I wanna see FP birthing an updated Fortress Maximus. :bowdown: 

Not add-ons to any existing molds mind you, just a brand new sculpt like Warbot/Springer.

That would be mind-blowing totally! :rock 

20. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    all of them!