Forget about Voyager Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by pcsguy88, May 28, 2007.

1. pcsguy88

pcsguy88 I'm a Toys R Us kid TFW2005 Supporter

I had Leader Prime in my hand at Wally World, but he wouldn't scan, so wait I will. I must say, he is beautiful. I can't believe how detailed this guy is. Primes face and paint work is better than the masterpiece figures and his grey plastic has more silver than I was lead to believe. Pictures just don't do this guy any justice. This is the definative Prime and is worth every penny of the $40. Even the automorph gimmick is kewl.

Damn I wish they would have sold him to me! :banghead: 

2. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Leader Prime Slut.........................................JK!!!!

3. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just dont dig the leader version... there's way too many kibble on this guy. Automorp feature? Are we talking Power Rangers here? Is there any difference between mass shifting and automorphing? Coz I watched some episodes of Viper the car that morps and looks the same thing to me... oh well they can morph but mass shifting is not close to realistic? I say a complete Bull! Michael B! Have to checked out the Ultimate Bumblebee? Just look at it does not even have a good interior let along where are the seats? Completely retarded and they say this is a relistic adaptation my @ss!

4. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Wow. You're just all over the place aren't you?

Automorph is the term Hasbro is using for parts that have interconnecting mechanisms. So when you change one part, other parts change at the same time. The Transformers do not "morph" in any way, shape, or form in the movie.

Michael Bay has nothing at all to do with the toys. So blaming him for Ultimate Bumblebee is just completely stupid.

You should really try reading up on some of these things.

5. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Agreed. Viper dont rant about the morphing and automorph then jump to Ultimate Bumble Bee's interior. then the realism of the movie. It makes it seem like you just wanted to ran around yelling about random things.

6. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    pwned

7. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i have to say. ive owned leaderprime for almost a week and he is freakin amazing

he rivals MP Prime in awesome IMO

i love it

neat transformation, automorph rawks, alt mode is huge and freakin sweet. not to mention movie accurate, and the bot mode looks fantastic. i love the movie aesthetic

<3

8. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Well, not entirely movie accurate, but it comes very close, and those that complain about his kibbles, they don't get in the way, even the wheels behind his legs. I've done some very cool poses with it.

9. pcsguy88

I think we all can agree they should have used the MP's and Alternators for the movie, but I certainly will not allow myself to pick apart the onscreen models for the first 2 times I see the film. I personally like the style for the movie, I just didn't think it would translate well into the toys until I saw Prime. He has the best head of any TF and that's saying a lot compared to MP Prime.

Leader Primes kibble isn't bad in the box, he doesn't look nearly as boxy as the photos lead me to believe. He's actually streamlined. Anyways, his kibble is nowhere near as bad as the atrocious backpack on Voyager Prime or Voyager Blackout.

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Automorph = pieces automatically moving into transformed position as a result of moving a different piece.
    Automorph = name given to this technique of semi-automated transforming sections on the new toys.
    Morphing = NOT AUTOMORPHING.
    Mass shifting = a tapedeck becoming a 30ft tall robot.
    Michael Bay comment = utterly unnecessary, especially ina thread about a toy he had nothing to do with.

Lay off the personal insults- TFW2005 Staff

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Thank god for the ignore list.;) 

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I disagree. I personally think that they would of looked like sh** in a live action movie.

13. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Damnit, Raven, you beat me to it :lolol 

I'm with you. I think the alternator look would've tanked as bad as the g1 look in the movie. I've always felt that TFs would be SO much more intricate were they "for real", and this movie really captures that essence.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I don't know about you, but I find it really annoying when someone says that we all have the same opinion on something when I have a completely different opinion about the same topic. The Alternator's and MP's would of looked better than straight up G1's, but not by much, lol.

15. pcsguy88

Well, yes and no. I guess I should say MP Starscream and then the Autobot Alts. I love the new Prime, hate Bumble B. A pile of dog poo that turns into a worm would be better the movie Meg's toy forms. For the Alts, I would have used the new styling for the joints and heads, but keep the basic bot/car mode the same. In other words, give the Alts and MP-03 the movie revamp. This would obviously never work since Hasbro needs to sell toys and the Alts have already been purchased by most fans. Anyone who says the movie toys look better than the Alts, well..... :stick: 

Why couldn't they have made the new toys to the same liscensed standards as the Alts? I can't pay for something that looks like it came in a happymeal after you gave us Alts for the past 2yrs.

16. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Wow. What Happy Meals do you see, and where can I get them?

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Just don't include everybody here in such a wide open opinion. Also, you shouldn't say that just because someone's opinion is that the movie toys look better than the Alternator's, that they need to get hit over the head for it. I'm an example of this. I've never liked the Alternator's, and never will, and I personally think that the movie toy's look way better than any Alternator, or Binaltech for that matter.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Boy, is my ignore list getting full or what!

19. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Leader Prime is the way to go.

20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm getting both. They are unique enough to stand apart and warrant a purchase. They have differences that can be appreciated and can serve different purchases.