Forests on Cybertron ??

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MenasorMaster, Jun 23, 2010.

1. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

Well atleast in Beast Machines cybertrons seems to have clouds and a oxygen atmosphere, maybe there are forests ?? I hate the idea that cybertron is just a mechanical planet with metal over the whole surface, why cant there be forest, oceans, desert etc ?

2. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Well you're certainly unique.

3. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Cause it wouldn't be as alien/different...?

4. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Forests... like... Earth forests? Like with trees made out of wood, with leaves, and... stuff?

I always liked the idea that Cybertron was a completely mechanical, artificial planet, constructed, kinda like the Death Star. That whole "organic core" thing that Beast Machines introduced never sat right with me.

As for canon references to such things, Ratchet was unfamiliar with wood when he visited a human campfire in the old Marvel comic, so he's never seen trees the way we understand them. The old Marvel Headmasters miniseries placed the Autobots' base in the Manganese Mountains, so... make of that what you will. And whenever we saw old Cybertron in the cartoon, they seemed to depict rivers and such, so maybe there were oceans, but they might not have been water oceans. The Transformers considered water to be the rarest substance in the universe, as it was the only cure for Scraplets (Marvel #29-30). And in more recent years, I know there have been references to sonic canyons on Cybertron.

I personally like the idea that Cybertron might have had an ocean and a river system at one time, filled with some kind of non-H2O liquid, because otherwise why would there be bots like Seaspray and Broadside?

5. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

theres are fires on cybertron so there must be oxygen

also has anyone seen flesh and stone on doctor who (they had artifical trees with wires through them) so a forest could be made on cybertron

6. Goatboy

Goatboy Well-Known Member

Organic forests? No thanks. But I've always liked the idea of cybertonion versions of Earth enviroments, so rust deserts, crystal forests, coolent lakes ect.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    There could be forests of dendritic metallic crystals or a "forest" of communication towers or windmills or something, but given how a consistent theme throughout transformers has been an ignorance about organic life, I don't see why there would be plant life. Oxygen is naturally occurring in the universe, and they could have other processes besides photosynthesis that produce oxygen.

8. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I've always imagined Cybertron as being a metal planet laden with circuits, cogs and power conduits but with some vegetation such as fungus and mold. Millions of years of war have altered the planets atmosphere, leading way to different weather phenomena such as acid rain and electromagnetic storms. I imagined that there'd be lakes of rust and run off, like the rust sea which can cause rapid rusting, I've also imagined seas of liquid metal, almost like mercury.

I can see Decepticon strongholds being built in the rust sea in the "eye" of a constant electromagnetic storm, several towers surround it acting as lightning rods to ensure the storm does not harm the main citadel. The rust sea providing cover protection from autobots attacking from underwater while the towers and storm provide adequate air coverage to ensure no autobots can fly in. The only way to enter would be special light brides that are supported by multiple conduits in the citadel and its towers. The towers also harness the storms energy and turn it into energon to power the citadel, they can also subdue different parts of the skies to allow Seekers to leave/enter the citadel without having to worry about the storm.

Sheesh my imagination is weird.

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

In the G1 cartoon episode 'Divide and Conquer' there is acid rain shown on Cybertron so there must be clouds of a sort.
    Generally though, whilst I don't mind stuff like weather on Cybertron, I've never been a fan of having wholly organic elements like trees or grass etc. Water maybe is ok as it can be used as a coolant and doesn't necessarily mean that there is organic life.
    Beast Machines kinda got away with it IMO with the whole 'techno-organic' thing, but that would be about as far as I would be prepared to go.

Yes, Transformers are aliens, but they are robots too. Not Gobots (who were innately organic).

10. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

11. garinhash

garinhash Well-Known Member

also in one of the cartoons Cybertron was Primus, right?
    wouldnt him transforming would cause a planet wide catastrophe.

12. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The 1986 film showed 'plants' of sorts growing on Quintessa. Maybe Cybertron has them, too.

13. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Yeah well everybody panicked and left at that time. The Autobots didn't know that their planet is a Transformer. Course Vector Prime should've given a little warning.

14. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Well of course there's oxygen! Can't have combustion without it, and many TFs rely on combustion for motive power, weaponry, and so on.

It would be dumb to have any sort of industrial processes without it.

- Coeloptera

15. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

But not pure oxygen as things would blow up. Lets assume for now Cybertron has a Nitrogen-Oxygen atmosphere.

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Wouldn't have to be nitrogen. Unlikely it's anything toxic, as it seems to be safe for humans, but it could be some other relatively inert gas, or even just a thinner atmosphere than earth.

17. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Yeah, I go for the thought that there's similar plant-like machines on Cybertron. Certainly if you're one of those people that like the idea of the Quintessons having controlled Cybertron as some point. And then they'd have their mech plants with them, either seeded from Cybertron to Quintessa or vice-versa. Perhaps some kind of nano-based replicating forms that grow components. A circuit and cable farm.
    If you run with the idea from the first issue of the Marvel comics that Transformer life came about from a natural evolution of gears and whatnot then it's not a huge leap to assume there could be machine 'plants' too, and upscaled from that, machine forests. After all, Mirage needs somewhere to hunt Turbofoxes.