Forest Inefficiency

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Meta777, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

The Forest Fight was hands down probably the coolest fight scene in the trilogy. Optimus Prime valiantly battles the evil forces of three big nasty Decepticons, including his nemesis, Megatron! YAY!

But alas, there are problems! More specifically, the Decepticons suck so bad at simple teamwork.

Fight starts, we have OP laying a sweet beatdown on Megs. Trees to the face, punches to the spine, all that jazz. Good on you, Optimus.

Megatron calls in his peeps, Starscream and Grindor. Good entries from both, smashing trees, ready to fight. But then, uh-oh, problems begin!

You see, when Starscream chases Sam, we have Megs in the background delivering an effective retaliation attack to Optimus, knocking him back, than whacking him to the ground. But does Megatron follow up his attack? Optimus is downed, he could easily kick him or continue whacking him. Nope, despite having two other guys to do it, Megs heads off after Sam. Cue Optimus getting back up and tackling him.

Have a little faith on your minions, Megatron!

Except Grindor. What the heck are you doing? When Optimus is wrestling Starscream, do we have the helicopter barging in to punch him or shoot him? When Sam continues to make a run for it, does Grindor block his path? Nope, Grindor doesn't help out. Jerk.

Grindor gets off his ass to help Starscream harass Optimus with lethal saws, but then he kinda sulks off to the background while Starscream continues to fight, rather than helping out. Aangst over being an expy of Blackout can wait, Grindor, just kill your enemy!

Really, this fight could have gone a lot smoother for the 'Cons if they were just more cooperative. Megatron had Optimus down, but abandoned it. Grindor is just lazy. Starscream had a moment of opportunity to attack OP while he was fighting Megs, but missed it.

You had a beautiful advantage, Decepticons. But you missed out on these little windows of opportunity that could have made this fight so much easier to finish. Sigh. Silly old 'Cons

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Movie-verse Cons = inept bunglers.

3. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

And yet, they still killed him.

4. cliffjumperftw1

cliffjumperftw1 I have no idea what I'm doing.

fixed :D 

5. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

@Nachtsider: LOL

@Radioactive Ravage: I know they did. They just could have done it better, perhaps without one guy dying and the other two getting humiliated.

@Cliffjumper FTW1: Your edit has provided me with this beautiful line: "Angst over being an expy of Blackout can wait, Blackout." AWESOME XD

6. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    It's still Grindor, really. They're not even the same helicopter. Blackout was an MH-53 Pave Low, but Grindor is a CH-53E Super Stallion. The CH-53E is notable for the inclusion of a third engine, being a bit bigger, and sporting a 7th blade on the rotor assembly as compared to the Pave Low.

But yea, I agree. Grindor was definitely a third wheel. Slowing down Megz and Starscream, causing unnecessary damage to the both of them...

7. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah Grindor was just there to die. I wondered what he was doing while Megatron and Starscream fought Prime during the first half of the fight. He seriously disappears after he arrives!

I have a feeling this might turn into another movie Decepticons hate thread though

8. cliffjumperftw1

cliffjumperftw1 I have no idea what I'm doing.

you're welcome. XD

9. BLK-OUT 4500X

BLK-OUT 4500X Well-Known Member

Grindor is way to big and slow to fight Optimus Thats why he got killed so easy . He should have used the EMP gun and his Chest cannon then he might have had a shot at killing Optimus .

10. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Basically it's a lack of intelligence, skill, and leadership for the Decepticons

11. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

@BLK-OUT 4500X: True, Grindor is a slow-coach, but let's face it, while Starscream was having his face introduced to his arm, Grindor could have done SOMETHING other than: Walk around nearby. He could have pulled that sword out earlier and had it ready to stab OP, and we know his machine gun at least was working.

@jaws: Probably X_X. In fairness, Megatron and Screamer weren't too bad.

12. takarei

takarei auto bot wanderer

well really in all the verses have the decpticon really worked together the only reason there a "team" i cause there all bad and there all afraid of megatron and his very few completely loyal officers, like sound wave and um um um crap megatron really doesn't inspire much loyalty hu

13. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Now really, if you were in Megatron's position, would you trust Chicken legs there to catch the little "insect"? :p 

Exactly. So what difference does it make?

14. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, so they still won.

15. ironjazz

ironjazz Tie Fighter pilot

News Credits:
    :lolol 

16. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

LOL, good points.

What difference does it make? WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?! TELL THAT TO GRINDOR, WHO DIED FOR THEIR CAUSE! SOB SOB SOB SOB.

Nah, it really makes no difference. Other than Grindor not dying and the other two not being owned as badly XD

17. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Decepticons suck at teamwork, Megatron is a raging lunatic who wasn't giving a flying damn to either Starscream or Grindor, Grindor was a random thug, Starscream is a disgrace at close-quarter combat and a coward [you can even see, in that fight, SS is always keeping distance from Optimus, always trying to not get hurt while Megatron is throwing himself at Optimus repeatedly].

Which means: Out of all three, the only who could give Optimus a fight was Megatron, the other two were just messing up with his game.

In fact, Megatron probably would have done better without SS and Grindor.

18. BLK-OUT 4500X

BLK-OUT 4500X Well-Known Member

Poor Grindor R.I.P

19. jazz_123

jazz_123 Banned

This kind of like the highway scene,
    Crowbar= Megatron
    Crankcase= Starscream (but not really)
    Hatchet= Grindor

20. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Actually, I'd say Crankcase is a Megatron [he was able to kick Sideswipe away before dying, while Crowbar jumped at Ironhide like a dumbass and got his face blown for his trouble].