Foreskin Man is a hate filled comic book?!?!?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragonclaw, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Hey guys my parents were vegans and they wouldn't serve meat when I was growing up so they robbed me of a vital source of protein for my growth that's exactly like when they starve prisoners as a form of torture

2. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Most beans have protein(I'd assume you know this being raised that way). Fail comparisons remain fail.

3. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

I don't think there is a "required reason for it". for hygenic purposes, here's an idea "when taking a shower or bath clean it, dry it, good to go!" one would assume to clean the penis anyways when taking a bath.

4. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios everything u like is dumb

I am one of the haunted survivors of this awful torture that is circumcision. My life has been nothing but sadness and tears since my foreskin was forcibly removed without my consent. Every day is a hardship; every week stretches on for eterntiy as I remember that fateful day when I was born, was given local anestetic, then had my foreskin surgically removed.

Oh wait, that's right, it really hasn't affected me in any negative way at all. It's not torture, the procedue isn't painful to the child (unless there's no anesthetic because you gave birth in an alley), and it is not even comparable to female circumcision.

I will not argue that one is better than the other, but I sure as hell am sick of people calling it baby torture and getting violently overzealous about it.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm snipped. My upcoming kid won't be. There's no good medical reason for doing it.

You're born with it, it's there for a reason - it should stay on. If it were a diseased horrid thing nature would have done away with it on its own.

If he wants to get it removed later in life that's his choice.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  6. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    Lawls who called it baby torture? I call it an unnecessary medical procedure performed without the patient's informed consent. Has being circumcised ruined my life? No. Do I still wish I had been given a choice? Hell to the fuck yes. And it can easily be compared to female circumcision because both are culturally enforced, but medically useless, procedures on the sexual organs of non-consenting children. How is that not comparable?

7. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sometimes people get dirty behind the ears - why aren't we chopping off those dirty necessary earlobes to curb that?

It makes about as much sense. It's still genital mutilation whether you want to call it that or not.

8. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  9. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
  10. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios everything u like is dumb

Unfortunately, there are major anti-circumcision groups out there who use ridiculous hyperbole to further their goals. I wasn't accusing anyone here of that; I apologize if it came off that way.

Not everybody cares that they didn't have a choice. I think it's important that parents are well informed on the subject before making such a decision, but it is still their decision, as they are the parents. The procedure is slowly dying out, but I still think it's important to have the option for people who consider it a religious necessity or simply prefer it. I might not understand the religious aspect of it, but I respect it. It might be a mostly pointless procedure, but it's not actually hurting the child.

It's not comparable because you're leaving out one of the most important aspects of it: Female circumcision actually removes sexual sensation; Male circumcision does not.

11. process

News Credits:
    Achievement Unlocked: Watch a 20 minute video in 9 minutes.

12. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    After the first 7 minutes(and bob knows how many probablys) I just didn't see the point.

13. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Apt comparison is Apt.

A baby is under the jurisdiction of a good parent. If the parents believe circumcision is right then it's not anyone's business. It's not cruel and it's not painful and has many health benefits. Of course many believe vaccines are bad for their babies too and choose NOT to get them...they also have a higher rate of infant to child mortality from disease.

Female circumcision or gential mutilation is practiced in only a couple 3rd world african countries (in so far as I know) and has to do with their belief system and nothing related to health. In fact it's frowned upon by the medical community as a whole.

Female genital cutting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

14. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    except, you know, tonsils and the appendix are useless as well.

15. Deceptijohn

News Credits:

Would you agree both procedures are performed without sound medical reasoning due to a cultural influence? If you do then they are comparable.

Things don't have to be identical in ever way to be comparable.

16. process

News Credits:
    Although those aren't usually removed unless it's medically necessary.

17. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

If I have a boy I won't be having him cut. That's how it's supposed to look. Deal with it.

18. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    wow this one is so full of fail ideas I need to break it down.

By default? So everyone is a good parent because they have a kid?

Except maybe the person they are doing it to who can't speak for themselves...

My definition of cruel includes performing medically useless procedures without the informed consent of the patient.

I dunno about the pain as I was an infant and can't remember it, but can you provide some links to scientific studies that show the "many health benefits"? I eagerly await this knowledge.

Yeah and religious wackos let their kids die while they wait for their non-existent god to cure them too, I don't see how ignorant people acting ignorant adds to your case that circumcision is beneficial.

Just like male circumcision then only in western countries.

Here's hoping male circumcision will go the same route sooner rather than later.

19. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

AND ANOTHER THING.

I do believe men should be given the choice to have their foreskin removed. I like how people say it's a hygiene issue having a foreskin. Ever heard of soap and water? It's not that difficult to keep it clean.

And the argument that "American girls will be grossed out or you'll be teased in the locker room!" First off, if a woman is disgusted by how your junk looks she isn't worth your time. Secondly, they shouldn't be staring at your penis in the locker room.

20. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    And like someone else said, aren't just cut off right after popping out of the womb for no reason.

Sorry if I offend anyone that doesn't appreciate the fact that I won't be needlessly cutting chunks off of my newborn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.