Foreskin Man is a hate filled comic book?!?!?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragonclaw, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    So, coming to a comic store near you...okay, probably NOT...Just when you thought things couldn't get stranger with this guy and his anti-circunsism campaign. I thought about putting this in the comic section of the board but put it here because its far to big a WTF kind of story, than a comic book story.

I don't know if I should be more concerned about it being anti-semitic or that it's a comic book about a guy named Foreskin Man and that somebody came up with an outline, designed a costume and wrote dialog for Foreskin Man...It almost makes those lunatics at Westboro look rational by comparison.

ICv2 - ADL Says 'Foreskin Man' Comic Is Anti-Semitic

The Anti-Defamation League has charged that Foreskin Man, a comic book written by the proponent of a controversial campaign to ban circumcision of males in California, is filled with anti-Semitic caricatures. The second issue of the comic pits the blond and brawny Foreskin Man against Monster Mohel, a bearded black-hat and prayer shawl-wearing rabbi who appears to take diabolical glee in depriving infants of their foreskins, and who is aided by a gun-toting posse who dress like ultra-orthodox Jews.

The Foreskin Man comic was written by Matthew Hess, who is one of the leaders of the "intactivists," a group that appears bent on trying to use California's often abused "ballot initiative" to enforce on others their beliefs that male circumcision, which is practiced by Jews and Moslems (and has been adopted for health reasons by many others), is painful, barbaric, and similar to the sort of female circumcision that is practiced in parts of Africa (medical experts disagree). Hess, who is affiliated with the organization MGM (Male Genital Mutiliation) Bill that published the Foreskin Man comics and is also attempting to pass an anti-circumcision measure in Santa Monica, told the San Francisco Chronicle, "We're not trying to be anti-Semitic, we're trying to be pro-human rights."

The dialogue in the Foreskin Man comic is laughably bad: "You (gasp) th-think you've won, Foreskin Man? Jethro wants Glick c-circumcised. I'll just keep coming back until his Foreskin is m-mine," cackles the diabolical Monster Mohel. It would be easy to dismiss the two published issues of the comic if it didn't echo so directly the anti-Semitic images and themes that have fueled so much prejudice, hatred, and murder in Europe's long, sad history of pogroms-and if panels from the comic were not all ready appearing on "white power" racist Websites

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Interesting. But too funny to be taken seriously. I'd love to be in the room when these proceedings take place.

3. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

It would in fact be a sight to see.. California.. why am I not shocked.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes, it is a hate crime against the group of "people who read the Foreskin Man comic". That shit sounds terrible.

5. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wut??? :lol 

Oh geez, are some folks getting this desperate for something to read??

6. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Meh, wake me up when Labia Lady gets her own comic.

7. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

._.

8. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    I wish I had been given the choice about my circumcision. I don't see the harm in waiting until someone is old enough to decide for themselves if they want their body mutilated to please some imaginary deity.

9. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. A post about some loon with a penis fetish brings out the hate. The only thing my circumcision pleases is my wife.

10. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    You know, all this talk about how barbaric a circumcision is isn't so bad when compared to some dudes wielding machetes and chopping peoples' heads off. Simple.

11. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    Both occur without the victims' consent so I don't see a difference. My only problem with circumcision is that it is done without the consent of the person that has to live with it. You can argue the merits of the procedure all you want, I just want men to have the chance to make a choice for themselves.

12. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    This makes me think of something Butters would write, or at least think he did.

13. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can honestly say that I never, in my life, expected to encounter those words arranged in that order.

14. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

lulzworthy. pure lulzworthy. :lolol 

15. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Buh- wha!? You don't understand the difference between murder and circumcision? Really?

I see your broader point, of course, but really? May want to reword that there...

16. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe parents shouldn't feed their kids either until they're old enough to make that decision:rolleyes: 

Anyway, I'd hate to be the artist on this book. Digging up the info he lives in south america and is probably none the wiser.

17. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    My statement is worded exactly correctly. My concern is consent not the level of violence inflicted. In both the scenarios you mention there is no consent so based on my concern the situations are identical.

Dumb comparison is dumb. You need food to live, you don't need a circumcision to live. Something optional implies a choice, something required does not.

Now I wonder if you would all like defend the practice of female circumcision(removal of the clitoris) that is still practiced in some countries around the world? I realize it's a more crippling procedure than male circumcision but it boils down to the same cultural mechanism and the same lack of consent of the victim.

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I thought this was about Lady Gaga

19. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

It's for hygienic purposes and it's superficial, especially compared to beheading or clitoral mutilations.

There is a required reason for it.

20. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    Wrong.

Do you know that the first and only scientific study to show any possible benefit(statistically insignificant btw) from circumcision wasn't published until 2008?

Do you know that at the time circumcision was being accepted in the US(around 1900) that its selling points were a combination of a misunderstanding of the germ theory of disease, a desire to curb masturbation and excessive pursuit of sexual pleasure(along with claims it prevents a host of conditions none of which are true)?

Here is one of the key proponents of circumcision who many credit with dramatically increasing its acceptance. If you don't know what a wackadoo this guy is do some reading.

John Harvey Kellogg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Circumcision boils down to a function of culture/society and it is NOT a function of medical necessity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.