Forced logouts

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by robofreak, Mar 5, 2011.

1. robofreak

robofreak Well-Known Member

I've been running into a problem that seems kind of odd.

When I log in, if I click on other other part of the site than what I'm currently doing then I will be logged out. For example: If I log in at the homepage and then clicks on "BOARDS" I will find myself logged out as if I never logged in in the first place.

This is kind of frustrating as it will also do it if I hit reply in a thread.

I tested it on several computers and browsers so I know it's not just my regular computer.

Is this a new problem or is it exclusive to me?

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Are you ticking "remember me"?

Also, try deleting your cookies / history.

3. robofreak

robofreak Well-Known Member

Yeah, I tried both ways. I'm still getting logged out. In fact, after I hit submit on this post, I will be logged out most likely.

4. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    If you're using Internet Explorer:

Delete the following:

- Temporary Internet Files
    - Cookies
    - History

Make sure you close out Internet Explorer when you're done. Open the site back up and immediately hold shift and refresh the page. Then log in, select "Remember Me", and see how that works.

If you're still running in to the problem, then you have a security setting in your browser that's forcefully removing and/or ignoring cookies. You may also have a Firewall up that's being difficult that you'd need to go in and lighten up the security settings.

The root of the problem comes from the lack of your browser recognizing the site's cookie, which keeps you logged in and keeps your information flow from the site (such as PM's, etc.) new with a refresh every time you navigate the boards. If any of that doesn't follow sync, it'll remove you from being logged in.

Like a server time out type of thing, but on your end, not the end of the site. Anything slightly board-related on this site is going to require the use of cookies.