Heavy/Scratch: Force Recon Ironhide

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by autobotx23, Sep 15, 2009.

1. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If Starscream had learned anything from his losses to Optimus Prime, it was that he needed allies. Though he despised these flesh creatures, again and again their partnership with the Autobots gave them an upper hand.

[​IMG]

The former Russian republic of Glasnost was eager to return to its glory days of oppression and destruction, and was happy to welcome the Decepticons in their efforts to rule mankind.

[​IMG]

While the Dictator of Glasnot gained advanced Cybertronian weaponry Starscream would take control of the energy resources of every nation they took. They were both tyarants obsessed with power, both with no respect for human life.

The President of the United States reached out to the leader of the Autobots, asking for any assistance that could be given. Their answer, a small group of Autobots combined with US Military Special Forces.

[​IMG]

With Ironhide's duties as Prime's bodyguard becoming less and less necessary, he was happy to volunteer.

Ironhide was attached to a Navy Seal team aboard the USS Constellation. Reformatted as a US Issue Hummer H2 and given some some serious arm cannons and a long range Ionic Displacement rifle, he trained hand in hand with his own Seal unit. In the coming days, he would pick 7 more Autobots to fight along side him in the coming battles.

Finally, a reason to kick as much decepti-chop as possible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks to Superquad 7 for the Alternator Skids head. :thumb  I only had to beg for a few weeks. :lol 

ROTF/TFTM Ratchet is by far my fav toy in the movie line (Real close to ROTF Prime, right? :lol ) because of how stocky he looks and well balanced he is. I just hated his arms and hands! He can't hold a damn thing, and if he does, he certainly can't rotate his wrist to hold a weapon offensively or defensively. So, I wacked them off and replaced them with the arms of a Gundam Seed Astray Blue Frame Second L. He gains a buttload of articulation in the process, and makes me a happy camper. :thumb  The head is ball jointed and his Cannon attach to his forearms by good old Super Neonydium magnets, for poseable goodness. A nice Long Range Ionic Disruptor Rifle and a Heavy Ion Cannon for his shoulder, and old I'hide is ready to rock.

I love this guy...Enjoy his pics while I hug him for a while. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Excellent work, man! The paint apps look great and I really like that shade of red and the detail work. Those decals really look nice on this also. I just saw your signature earlier and wondered when we'd get to see it. lol

Keep up the great work, bro.

3. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

Looks great, love it. Awesome headsculpt, the weaponry is sweet, the colour is great..And I also thi...TRUCK MODE

4. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Alt Mode Pics Attached to this post and shown up top. :thumb 

Attached Files:

5. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    Great job with the modding, paintjob, and weapons. It works very well as a Classics-ish Ironhide, though I think that the arms are a little too long and could use some beefing up. Definitely one of my favorite pieces from you. :thumb 

I can't wait to see who else volunteered to be part of his troop.

6. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I hope you understand how awesome you are.

7. blacklion29

blacklion29 Merlion Gestalt

Ebay:
    Freakin Fresh to DEEAAATHHH!!!!! lol! That's awesome dude! Love the paint apps, love the color choice, love the decals, love the mods. Heck, I even love the sig!!!

8. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    I wouldn't worry about beefing up the arms too much. Aside from having to fit them back into the alt mode, Ironhide's armory tends to have a bulking effect on the forearms, and I doubt we'll see ol' Red without his guns too often. =P

As for the length, I see it as a sacrifice for articulation, preserving a swivel that might've been lost otherwise. Not to mess with all the hard work, but I wonder if there would there be any way to lose that Gundam upper arm, and shove ratchet's upper arm post into the Gundam's elbow to maintain the articulation, and bring the arm up at the same time.

The humanoid 'Bots generally have a rule of thumb where the wrist ends up just about under the crotch plate. Elbows appear to be much more lenient, ranging from just below where human pectorals would be, down to a human's navel, with the forearm length compensating for that wrist-to-crotch proportional guideline.

Ooh, before I forget, perhaps my favorite thing about these arms is the magnet system for his arm cannons. Playing the RotF game on my PS2, Ironhide was almost always twirling his cannons around. This guy looks like he could get away with the same. XP

Mm, group concepts're always fun to look into. I'll be waiting anxiously as well.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  9. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    nice paint apps on the red/alt mode.

10. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Looks like Gundam Astray 1/100 arms, a very nice fit indeed!:thumb 

11. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

Love it! best part to me, the head. Alternators Skids huh? sick. I also like the little paint detail, the colour scheme of yellow, orange and light blue. Great job Earl!!

12. IF_IR_IE_IE_ID

IF_IR_IE_IE_ID USAF Seeker

Ebay:
    WHAT!?! that thing is hot. nice red. I specially like that Ceremonial tribal indian. is that a decal? The best thing there isnt just the bot mode. the Vehicle mode looks both sleek and strong at the same time. I see I got the right person to work on my Tail. J/K!!! haha

13. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    LOVE the paint work bro!! Those colors are popping!!

14. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

I've said this before, but you never fail to impress. I love that mold. It just has so many possibilities. And I love what you did to it. Paint apps look great, as do the arm mods as well. Friggin sweet!

15. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Dude that is awesome

16. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I also thought the arms need beefing up but if it means having more articulation, then articulation it is. This guy is badass!!!

17. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very Cool!
    Been looking forward to this one.
    Perfect execution.

18. Grimlock_king

Grimlock_king Banned

did you do the head your self because that is exactly the head I need for my g1/movie verse ironhide that I need. But I love this one it looks damn awesome

19. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    That is GORGEOUS!

I love that mold too, I've got more of them being various characters in my collection than is really reasonable.

And..yet...temptation...rising....

D/L

20. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    I was thinking the same thing, they *do* look a little long, but when you strap on all the artillery, they don't look as 'off'. Would sacrificing the upper arm negate the extra articulation/posability?

That's my only critique, as I *LOVE* everything else you've done with the figure! The colors, decals, head... WONDERFUL!