For you...what has been the hardest figure to come by at retail?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by deceptihunter, Aug 1, 2010.

1. deceptihunter

deceptihunter sssssmmmmokin!

Exactly what the title says. Mine personally was ROTF legends wheelie. What's yours?

2. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

HA Mudflap hands down

3. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    If I'm after something specifically I generally know whether it's there or not beforehand (via the OTCA boards)

I'm going to answer RotF Bludgeon because it took me about 2 hours to find

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Animated Wreck-gar, only saw it once, got it, had it stolen from me by hasbro

Animated Cliffjumper, NEVER found one

i got lucky finding universe 2.0 ratchet, only one store got it in the entire area and it was the one store i went to haha

Masterpiece Starscream-saw him once, RIGHT before my birthday, when i went back on my birthday to get one he was gone, all 5 of them...in two days....holy slag!

5. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ha mudflap, still have never found any in stores but still got 2 at retail prices :) 

6. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Masterpiece Starscream. I never once saw him visiting no less than 5 walmarts when he was released.

7. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I don't go looking for specific figures. I know which ones I want out of all the ones that exist, and if I find them and I'm in buying mode and not browsing mode I'll buy 'em.

8. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

that one that fits on mindwipe. forget his name.

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

With these sorts of threads, I feel it is necessary to differentiate the context of each country you are speaking of your experience from.

In the UK, I would say HA Skids has to be up there. I have only ever seen him once at Asda, which is when I bought him. He wasn't there the day before and he was gone the day after.

Also in Asda, I saw a Universe legends Beachcomber once. By that I assume the rest of his wave was released here but in all the supermarkets and other toy shops in the UK I have ever been into, his one sighting has been the only evidence they ever came out over here.

Obviously everything we didn't get at all is hard to come by as it is actually impossible to come by! I am also only including general retail in this as stores like Forbidden Planet and other comic book/import stores don't really count IMO.

10. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    ROTF Skystalker, and I never did find him.

Of ones I did eventually find, I'd say Animated Arcee, but recently there's been more of her.

11. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Huh, seems like the UK actually got one over on the US! I usually see about two or three Skystalkers in every toy shop or supermarket I go to. I even have two of them myself due to needing to fulfill a 2-for-£8 offer including three others I needed.

12. machinegeist

machinegeist Victory not Vengeance

Never saw Universe 2.0 Ratchet or Hotshot.

13. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

HA Mudflap, does this guy really exist??????? lol

14. Rookbartley

Rookbartley Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the usual culprits recently. HA Mudflap, Evac, red Rampage. And it's not for lack of looking. In addition to the major department store chains, I can't think of a single drugstore that hasn't been hit up within a pretty big radius.

15. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    In US (minnesota) I would say nightwatch prime, classics ironhide...was HA mudflap, but I got him now

16. LatinJEM777

LatinJEM777 TFW's Premier Shredder

Never seen Universe Ratchet in-store and only have seen Universe Inferno in-store once.

17. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

Recently HA Mudflap.

Had a bitch of a time finding a second Animated Arcee. Never saw an Animated Cliffjumper. Had trouble with Animated Atomic Blast Lugnut and Wreckgar for the longest time... and come to think of it, Ultra Magnus too. In between RID and Armada, that stupid repaint of Jetstorm.... Stormjet. Armada Overload repainted as Magnus. RID Black Battle Convoy (but that was mostly endlessly waiting for it to be released). 2007 Deluxe movie Bumblebee (took me over 6 months to find one, and I was hard core hunting for it). TRU reissue Hot Rod. Don't remember the names... but it was the repaint of the Cybertron green Helicopter guy (Springer?), and was red and white I think... only saw it once. Big Daddy (until it showed up inmass at wal mart). Masterpiece Starscream (hasbro). Back in the days of G1 I had trouble finding Dinobot Snarl.

Today HA Jazz.

18. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup...here in Canada at least. I'd see him here and there, not quite on the same level as Tuner Mudflap. I don't collect the HA/movie line so didn't pay too much attention.

Hardest for me was Animated Arcee: took forever to show up. And when she's spotted (via Cybertron.ca's sightings), usually gone shortly thereafter.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Animated Arcee. I've got a better chance of sighting Bigfoot riding the Loch Ness Monster on the way to the store than I do of actually ever seeing the figure in a Toys-R-Us.

20. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    The one that really jumps out at me were the last Universe Legends, with Warpath, Wheelie, Hot Rod and Cosmos. I looked all over for those four, and couldn't find them... finally picked up Warpath and Cosmos off eBay, got the ROTF tie-in redeco of Wheelie, and never tried that hard for Hot Rod.

I'll always remember Beast Wars Rampage and Depth Charge... we scoured Orange County for them. We happened to stop by a dying mall in Huntington Beach because my fiancee needed to stop by the art store there... and to our amazement, the KB Toys inside had them. I don't even remember seeing them all that often afterwards, either!

And as a kid, I can only ever remember seeing Fort Max in a store once.