For you, how much is "Too Much" to Spend on a TF?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bakushan, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Constructor

Constructor Behold my true form!

$15 for a deluxe.
    I can only see it as half of $30.

2. Duomaxwell1017

Duomaxwell1017 Lt. to Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    Most ive spent on one Transformer is $250 and that was for the MP-10 Takara Version

3. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    There's not just one limit.

Most of the retail stuff is, at best, barely worth the price. Every once in awhile they do something really right, like Universe 2008 Starscream, that's worth alot more. Japanese versions usually fall just outside of that range, so for instance I waited for Henkei Astrotrain to dip just a little before I bought it. Encore was priced pretty fairly with a couple of exceptions. Japanese Masterpieces, starting with Grimlock, are out of control, but so are practically all 1:6 scale figures these days. AFA isn't just out of control; it's batshit crazy. People are grading Tonka GoBots that should fetch about $20 and listing them up with $200 starting bids. If eBay went back to their old fee model of charging for listings, AFA's volume would fall off a cliff practically overnight.

4. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

$200 has always been my limit. Always has...Always wheel. (unless I somehow find an insanely good price on Fort Max or a FLAGG)

5. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I never thought I had a limit but when enquiring about some customs I realise I do.

Herc is the most I've spent on one figure and I can't see myself getting anywhere near that again tbf.