For toy reviewers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by grimlock_king25, May 15, 2010.

1. grimlock_king25

grimlock_king25 Hail to the king, baby

Twitter:
    I happen to review toys on Youtube and when I started I really loved doing it and made a review whenever I could. Now I kinda don't feel like making reviews anymore and when I do it's usually for a simple figure like a legends class.

I'm curious, any other toy reviewers out there that this has happened to?

2. Andrew28b

Andrew28b Nemesis custom

me! I stick to vids showing off customs i am in progress, or finished works.

3. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Not for the ones who make more money than everyone combined.

4. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

I love doing my reviews on youtube. I to did them when ever I could when I first started but now I only do it on the week ends to keep it from getting old.

5. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

I don't do videos but I totally know how you feel.

On my written review blog (which is conveniently linked in my sig *shameless plug shameless plug*) for the past few years I would dedicatedly update every time I got something new. However, because our computer was over-run with viruses it was out of commission for about two months and ever since it's been back I don't really feel like doing reviews anymore.

Even though it's summer now and I actually have time it just sort of stopped being a priority. Though, to be fair I had a bit of a technology dependence problem and because of the few months free of my computer I realized I needed to back off from it, so that might be a contributing factor. >_> Also, I have to do everything in internet explorer now so some of the sites that were tollerable in Firefox are now infuriating.

I haven't completely quit though, it's just slackened off a whole lot.

6. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wonder how much Peaugh makes from being a youtube partner with all those subscribers and reviews. Not sure what the terms are though.

7. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've never tired of it, though I am way further behind than I'd like...

8. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

Just give me a toy I like enough and I'll go right for it!

But, if I don't see anything on my shelves I really want to talk about, or if I haven't bought anything for a while....there's always Vlogs!

I don't review toys, I just give my opinions on them, so I can dig out something old, or "rediscover" a toy I've had for a long time and still get totally excited.

But yes, already I can understand the....well boredom that can come from it all.

Obviously, a steady influx of subscribers/comments etc can also serve as fuel to keep you going.

9. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Yeah, I've just been busy with other things to keep doing reviews on a regular basis. Filming, editing, and posting seriously takes most of a day to do, and I just can't do that. I may just start splitting them up, say filming my review on Monday, then editing and posting on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Also, I just don't want "doing reviews" to get old, so I try to come up with little things to add, or change, while still trying to keep an identity to my videos.

10. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    The most popular YouTube reviewers make enough to call it a job of it's own, I'll say that. I know how much Sean Long makes and let's say I'm jealous... 3600+ subs and I think 3 click my ads :lol 

As for the original question, for me it's not so much the reviewing I enjoy as it is seeing what I can do next or how much better I can make the next video. Don't get me wrong, I love doing the reviews, but it's a constant challenge to edit the videos with better effects, more flash, more humor, etc. Plus it's not like there's any format that has to be adhered to, you can do anything, which is what's lead me to so many review series. If I get bored of reviewing in one way, I find another

11. grimlock_king25

grimlock_king25 Hail to the king, baby

Twitter:
    I don't have much subscribers and I rarely get a comment so that's probably part of it.