For those who have bought the Henkei Classics.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dupree, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Dupree

Dupree Well-Known Member

are they worth it? I noticed that Ironhide is going to be made into a Henkei version and I am more interested in that, than the other one coming out, but what is the difference between the Henkei version and the US wide release?

2. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Henkei have random chrome on them and are usually painted to be more G1 Accurate.

Only one I have is Astrotrain but he beats Hasbro's Astrotrain hands down.

3. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    It depends on which one you are talking about. Prime is definately nicer, Megatron is by far better. Grimlock, not so much. I don't know about the others yet as they are in the mail.

4. Dupree

Dupree Well-Known Member

yeah i've seen megs and just the paint alone makes him look tons better than his original paint scheme.....I'm looking to get Ironhide...I wanna get guys that I don't have yet, but put forth a few extra bucks for the better paint and chrome which I didn't know they have.

5. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Totally agree with you there dude. Prime & Megs is definitely the better ones among the Henkei line. as for Grimlock..meh! :thumbdown 

6. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    I'm actually replacing all my classics [the few I had] and will be a completist for the mainstream releases of the line. They're pretty worth it, in my opinion.

7. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I just got Henkei Megs in the mail a couple of hours ago, he's much better than Nerfatron.

I've got a mix of Classics and Henkei depending on which I like best, I'm leaning toward Henkei Ironhide also, unless they change the paint on the Classics face, Smurfhide FTL!

8. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Toy discussion goes in the toy forum.

9. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Prime/Megs are must gets. So is Astrotrain and Starscream.

Initially, i was put off by Grimlock because of the excessive chrome. But i liked what they did with the chest and head area, so i got it anyway. Now i can honestly say the chrome doesn't bother me anymore, especially in robot mode.

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I'm slowly replacing my Classics bots with their Henkei versions, as long as I like them that is.

Right now I have the Henkei versions of Prime, Bumblebee, Rodimus, Starscream, Megatron, and Astrotrain. At some point I plan on getting Ramjet and Mirage, and I'm waiting on Thundercracker and Skywarpto be released(they're already paid for), and have preordered Prowl, Sunstreaker, Bluestreak, Sideswipe, Ironhide, and Ratchet*whew*.:lol 

11. solitudinal

solitudinal /B/anned

News Credits:
    I'm collecting both lines and totally have no regrets with Henkei. In fact, I kinda view them as superior to Classics in general.

12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I just noticed BBTS had Mirage on sale, so I just bought him. Too bad Ramjet wasn't on sale as well, but I bought him anyway seeing as how I was already picking Mirage up.:lol 

And yeah, I'm seeing most of Henkei as being superior as well, I like the chrome with G1 paint jobs.

13. solitudinal

solitudinal /B/anned

News Credits:
    Definitely love the chrome. Kinda like how most Takara reissues > Hasbro reissues. TFC vs. TRU Reissues anyone? I mean even TFC#6 Megatron can finally FIRE pellets (again)!

14. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finished up the line with the BBTS sale, I am collection both and are the only TF's I am collecting other than the Diamond busts.

15. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megs and Prime are definitely better. I also think Starscream and Mirage are better than their classics counterparts. They have more G1 type paint apps which is a plus in my book. Besides I passed on classics SS the first time around so I'd rather buy the Henkei version than pay $20 for the classics version.

16. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    I'm happy with my Henkei Astrotrain. Hasbro Classics cost less though.

17. goestron

goestron Well-Known Member

BBTS clearance sale has Henkei Starscream and Bumblebee (plus others) for under 20 dollars! Which is a great bargin, since the hasbro versions cost about 20+ dollars over ebay.

I finally have my Classics Bumblebee! There was no way I was going to buy that Bumblebee Legacy pack. I wouldn't know what to do with the other two lemons (movie and animated) that come with the classics version, plus I heard the paint apps were "meh".

18. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Megatron and Astrotrain were definitely worth it. Waaaaaay better decos.

19. Dupree

Dupree Well-Known Member

does anyone know how long the sale is going on for? I wanna get starscream bad!

20. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I'm thinking of picking up Henkei Prowl, since the paint on my Universe Prowl is just... awful. I've had him for not too long, and it looks like I've had him for years, with the paint all dirty and deteriorating. Hopefully Henkei will get that fixxed. The chrome on the missile launchers will be a bonus... I'm not sure where else he's going to have chrome.