for those who found the middle part slow and boring

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Jun 22, 2009.

1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Ok I've been reading that the middle part of ROTF is slow and drags on.

Are you guys who found it slow the same people who found Transformers 1 slow in the middle?

Because the only major sequence that could possibly be slow was everything between the arrival of the Autobots to the attack on Hoover Dam.

But I didn't find any of that slow, it was totally fine for me because scenes like hiding at Sam's house and the capture of Bumblebee are perfect examples of Robot and human interaction.

Anyways, I just wanted to know if their idea of slowness was just because they wanted some BIG GIANT EPIC action to happen in between fight scenes.

Because just because those people found that part long and stretched out, doesn't mean other people will.

2. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    no, i thought the first film was fine, but in this one i did get pretty thoroughly bored of the endless slow motion military shots and the half an hour wasted on michaela wobbling through the desert in slow motion

3. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    No that wasn't really a problem.

If anything, it needed to slow down a little. Pretty much the first hour of the film felt like it was playing in fast forward. There are like seventeen different things going on in every shot.

What hurt it in some ways is that Bay didn't really hold back at all. Less than an hour through, it was a bit like we'd seen everything we needed to see, more epic effects and explosions than I really expected from the whole movie. At that point you've seen so much that there was no real hunger or suspense left.

It didn't really slow down much at all, except when Megan Fox had to do some running.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like slow parts so I can go and buy more popcorn :V

5. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    well with a long film you can also have the, ahem toilet break problem. Shouldn't have started that damn coke so fast.

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    toilet is never a problem to me

that's why i always buy the biggest popcorn bag B)

:( 

7. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    ok, but is popcorn such a big deal? I never had that problem, and I was splitting mine, and we pretty much non-stop munched through the movie. :popcorn 

It was really good popcorn too.

8. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    i will go pee before the movie, even if i don't have to pee. I just goto the bathroom and just wait til i start peeing

Otherwise, I just do my best to avoid buying popcorn, cuz you cant have popcorn without the drink cuz it makes you thirsty and the drink makes you pee

9. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    No, i didn't find the middle of the first movie slow and dragging so much. But in ROTF, it did seem to take a tediously long time reaching the final battle in Egypt. I think once Sam & Co. had met Jetfire, Jetfire should have just taken them straight to the Tomb of the Primes, thus cutting out all the unnecessary hiding and travelling Sam & his posse were doing in Egypt. Plus a little more restraint on so much of the rather blatantly promotional military displays in the final battle against the Decepticon forces might have helped us feel less overwhelmed by all the chaotic action and keep track of things better.

10. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was wondering what happened to Jetfire at that point. Seemed like he could've really helped them out, but he just sort of disappeared for a while. Did I miss something?

11. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    He just kinda shoo-ed them all away, telling them to go find the Matrix on their own, saying he couldn't help them on that. I think coz only Sam had the Allspark's knowledge of a map. But in terms of avoiding unnecessary and boring build-up scenes, i just think Jetfire could have been used more fruitfully to cut the time as well as keep him in the picture instead of disappearing for a while.

12. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    Yeah, it could've used a few more Jetfire scenes. Another thing with Jetfire: I would've liked to see the Blackbird do more flying. But I don't remember that really happening at all.

Aww, I gotta go see it again.

13. imranbecks

imranbecks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah... They didn't use that scene with Jetfire telling them to go on their own before parting ways.. Its in the novel but I guess it didn't make the cut in the movie..

14. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    maybe they saved it for the imax version.