For those wanting to reboot, consider this:

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Jul 7, 2011.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Like many others I want a re-boot. While I like the 3 films overall, not only do I think it's time for a change but there are problems that plague the films.

BUT...

If there was a new Director and scriptwriter(s) at the helm, then there could very likely be a new tone that might sit better with the existing series and many perceived problems might dissipate.

Don't get me wrong- nobody will ever top Bay for action, quality VFX demands, style, etc. but what we might lose in explosions might be made up for elsewhere.

So, whil I'd like a reboot, a continuation may not be the end of the world.

2. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Everything "new" in Transformers after G1 has been a reboot, trying to recapture that magic.

3. RoadBuster88

RoadBuster88 Studio Ghibli

Agreed. A change in designs of all the characters would be too weird in my head. I hope they keep ILM!

4. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

Just get a new director .... maybe get someone who would focus more on Scfi
    (Transformers) of the movie .

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I think they should make it a bit of a space opera minus the you know opera, the war theme works well too.

6. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

its too fresh for a real reboot imo. do the next three movie trilogy...wait 5-10 years and then reboot it. right now the TF franchise is in a great position, starting over at this point could be a mistake

7. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

well, if they do a remake, i hope the designs being similar as actual movie designs (not saying IDENTICAL...) y'know... lots of metal pieces shifting places and forming a humanoid-beast-other shape :p 

8. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

I really do like Michael Bay's films but if he and Shia are leaving the franchise they might as well reboot it instead of replacing him and LeBeouf. If they reboot it, Justin Lin (Fast Five, Terminator 5) should direct it.

9. al91176

al91176 Decepticon

My question is, if they didn't reboot what Decepticons would they bring in that's well known enough for people to care about. I know Galvatron would be an obvious possibility. I could almost go either way with it. I'm really on the fence about what I'd want...

10. transforminator

transforminator New-Bie

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

This.

That, and how can they really continue on with a 4th installment?
    Megatron and all the Decepticons are killed off at the end.
    What's the point of a 4th movie when DOTM ended in a way that there really is nothing more to go on with?

12. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Reboot or not don't expect to get too many new Autobot characters. For the average fan these are the characters that brought them to the movies. They are not going to dig too deep into the mythology so then you waste movie time explaining it. It does prevent a problem with the Decepticons. You killed their big 3, although I think Megs and Screamer are who the casual fan cares about. You still have protoforms and hatchlings, but without Megs, Screamer it might present a problem.

13. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

You are so right because most of my friends are "casual" transformers fans.... and they only knew Megatron and Starscream "the scary one" ....:rolleyes2 ....it will be interesting seeing how the transformers franchise will work out on the big screen in the future .

14. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I have the same view on the subject. With a new director it will definitely have a different feel to it... and that may be all that is needed for some people who don't like the Bay movies.

15. Sonicpower451

Sonicpower451 Well-Known Member

I'm still rooting for a reboot that is full CG animated. No more actors that take away the Transformer's spotlight! Better balance of human and robot screen time. More robot-human interaction.

16. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

To be perfectly honest, I feel that the TF movie franchise has already sunk about as low as it can go in my books, so anything else will be an improvement.

Sad to say, but...

17. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

Serious question here. Do you have any idea what it would cost? I do, but o want hear your estimate.

18. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    This is debatable.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, a producer acquaintance states that CGI is not as expensive as is often claimed, and thinks that the limited screen time afforded to the robots in Bay's films is more a Bay thing than a budget thing.

19. Sonicpower451

Sonicpower451 Well-Known Member

Obviously, it would cost A LOT. But who cares?! When making good movies, money should not be a concern. If they want it to be good, make it good! And I think CGi animation is better than live action when it comes to making movies about everybody's favourite heroes. The Transformers models themselves look 10x better than Megan Fox and Rosie combined. The war on cybertron in the beginning of DOTM was only about a minute long but looked way better than the battle in Chicago.

All i'm saying is, if the reboot was pure CGi, it would appeal to viewers who loved seeing tne Transformers more.

20. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    it would not come near the money inbring the live action will. CGI and other fan wants will never work. Why cant ppl see and understand this.