For those thinking of getting Goldbug heads....

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by optimall, Apr 11, 2012.

1. optimall

optimall Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hi, For those of you who havent gotten your Goldbug from either Renderform or Beelzebub, I have both sets now and thought I would throw my two cents in.

The two together.
    Beelzebub on the left, Renderform on the right.
    [​IMG]

Renderform.
    First I must say I love Renderforms Head, It screams goldbug to me and I love how much detail these guys have put in to the whole kit. I was lucky, I got one of the earlier ones that had the solid blue + clear blue visor and the extra gun.
    I will say that Renderform is not the fastest way to get a head though.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Beelzebub.
    I personally dont like this head. It doesn't look like they tried very hard to make it look good, and there is not much to the kit.
    On the other hand it was much easier to get and reasonably cheap.
    [​IMG]

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Renderform's a one guy thing ;)  so no "these guys have put into the kit" xD

I like Renderform's head, but I like the light piping going on with the Beelzeboss head.

Ideal head = Renderform head + light piping

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    Renderform product definitely does take time to get in your hands but its well worth it, and forgivable since it's a one man show. I love my Gold Scout kit and I'm really looking forward to the Hubcap and Bumper upgrades as well.

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer the renderform one. Personally I find the Beelzeboss heads pretty ugly. I only bought the Cliffjumper one because it was the only cheap option for an accurate CJ head.

5. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Yesssir, I am glad I went with the Renderform head. I don't mind the wait. And looking at the pic comparison it looks alot better. And Renderform is a one man operation by the way.

6. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    I have the Renderform head and love it but do like the look of Beelzeboss head and have it on the way. Seeing the two here next to each other though I think Renderform's looks like the better one. However I do kind of like the look of the smaller guns from the Beelzeboss set a little more.

7. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *checks mailbox* hurry up mailman

8. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Those look nice.

(Also: Shouldn't this be in the 3rd party forum?)

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nuts, Renderform does look a lot better. I picked up the Beezleboss from BBTS's sale last week, don't have a body for it yet at any rate.

10. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Renderform > Beelzeboss.

11. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, I will always put my faith in Venksta and Renderform, and this kit is definately another example why. It is always a great day when one of his kits arrives in the mail. His craftsmanship keeps getting better and better with each project. Can't wait for Bumper and Hubcap to drop, and I need to still track down a Henkei BB so I can complete my swarm.

12. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually dig the eelzeboss head more (both are good I just like the vents and mask more on eelzeboss's) but I'd be hard pushed due to renderforms awesome guns

13. slackerforhire

slackerforhire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the comparison. I'm already a Renderform fanboy, but I was intrigued by the Beelzeboss kit. Bias aside, the Renderform version is just more aesthetically pleasing to me... I don't like the exposed neck of the Beelzeboss kit.

14. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, I didn't notice the neck till the pics in this thread, that is a little goofy. I too am in the Renderform club, but I don't really think you can go wrong either way, unlike some projects where one group puts out a real stinker, these both actually look to be really nice upgrades.

15. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I like the Beelzeboss kit. It looks fantastic and it arrived within a week, not a year.

Don't get me wrong - my Skyjack and Darkwing look great thanks to Renderform. And I know he's only one guy and etc etc - But it is what it is. I think the Beelzeboss kit works great, I love the light piping, and the little guns are fantastic. I loved the Devilhorns kit too and I can't wait to see what else they crank out. HOPEFULLY Hubcap and Bumper heads.

16. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

Glad I went with Renderform, too; I can't wait until it arrives. I think the Beelzeboss head looks like a squishy teddy bear, which is actually a bit appealing in a way. Goldbug is essentially Bumblebee attempting to be a bad ass, and it amuses me to think that the result is 'Bee trying too hard and still ending up as a cutesy kid-appeal mascot :D 

17. optimall

optimall Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ha Ha, Thats what the missus said when she saw it for the first time, "awww, it looks like a teddy bear head"
    I tell you, that doesn't do much for my love of the Beelzeboss head.:rolleyes: 

18. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love my Renderform kit. My only complaint with it is that I wanted to use the solid visor, but it just falls out when I put it in... I have him and Blaster (with Marvel head) on a little shelf of their own. The duo are together again. (Marvel comics reference)

19. WrongTurn

WrongTurn King of the Impossible

News Credits:
    I prefer Beelzeboss's offering - the guns are spot on.

20. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Because the Beezleboss head isn't attached right in the picture. I've got mine with no neck whatsoever.

The problem is the ball joint on the OP's picture isn't pushed down far enough, which is why it looks like there is a neck. The ball joint fits into a little groove on the plate and it can be difficult to get the ball joint to line up with the plate. Also, when you screw on the ball joint, it has a tendency to push the ball joint up, creating a neck, if you're not also pushing down while you screw.

Like I said earlier, mine has no neck whatsoever but I had to do it a few times to get it perfect. I can try to get pictures up of mine later if anyone wants to see, but yea, either the OP doesn't have his own right or he got a bum version.

Seeing them side by side, I still prefer the Beezleboss head, and I greatly prefer the guns in the Beezleboss kit as well -- they are fantastic. I'll probably grab a Renderform kit too when it goes on sale just because I love the character that much. I'll probably get a black one and a Legacy Bumblebee figure to make a "modern" Goldbug.

I do like the darker blue of the Beezleboss Goldbug head as well, it goes well with the United mold.