For those that played the demo

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by ZeroEdge, Jun 12, 2010.

1. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Would you say that War for Cybertron did for TF games what Arkham Asylum did for Batman games?

2. Ritesh_Prime

Ritesh_Prime THE PHIL!

News Credits:
    The game isn't released yet so no one can say that as of yet, I get the image from the demo that is definately going to be a good game maybe even on par with BM:AA but, we shall have to wait til the full game is out.

3. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

The demo is very fun!...though the controls, you have to get use to.

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I will say that this has done to me what the AA demo did. It's made me want to replay it over and over.

5. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's too early to tell at this stage, from playing it I'd say they got the gameplay mechanics right but without first-hand experience of the missions and overall story, I don't think it's possible to give a definite answer.

6. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    No. It will not be for Transformers what Arkham Asylum was. It does not capture the essence of being a Transformer. What it is, is a VERY good game featuring the Transformers.

7. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Moderator

News Credits:
    ^Exactly. From what I have played, I like, but AA was in a league all by itself. I haven't ever played a game I liked as much as AA.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Just by the demo alone I can say that it's deffinately the TF equivelant of AA. Is it as good as AA? Can't tell until I burn through the campaign.

9. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what would capture the essence of being a transformer better than a shooter? I think Arkham Asylum was great, but that's because they finally put batman into the right genre(stealth). I can't think of any game type that would better suit transformers than this.

10. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't say that WfC will be the equivalent of Arkham Asylum, but I will say that the demo gives me hope that we're about to get the best TF game we've ever had. This could, potentially, beat out Armada as the best TF game.

11. demonicvenom07

demonicvenom07 Well-Known Member

I think the demo is dope, and if this any indication of what the game might and will be like, then yes it is on the same level as AA. I just cant wait for the final game wit the campaign and all the other great stuff.

12. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uh...what?

Doesn't capture the escence of being a transformer?

How is that?

I spend as much time in vehicle mode as robot mode.
    And being two things at once, is what makes transformers, transformers

13. Ceasar121

News Credits:
    Transformers needs an open world game, with missions, a non linear plot, more melee moves duel wielding... etc. Think Grand Theft Autobot. A game featuring jet planes should not have to have enviroments that restrict them to separate missions.

If this was early last decade, this game would be revolutionary, which is what Arkham Asylum did. WFC is a great game, but what it is, is a fusion of solid elements from many other titles, with Transforming thrown in. This is not bad... I loved Darksiders, and all it was was a rip off of the best parts of God of War and Legend of Zelda. Merely transforming doesn't make the game Transformers. To me, this is an improvement on the Armada formula, running on the Unreal engine, with elements of Gears of War and Call of Duty.

Hella fun, but a revolutionary definition of the Transformers experience? Nope. Doesn't mean it won't spend the next 6 to 8 months never being removed from my XBox (At least till Fallout comes out).

14. demonicvenom07

demonicvenom07 Well-Known Member

Exactly I totally agree wit you, and you took the words right out my mouth. This game captures everything about being a transformer and I cant wait to see what its like wit the jets and trucks in there to. The demo is great, so I can only imagine.

15. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No it doesn't.
    An open world Transformers game would suck. (and has, check the past two movie games)
    Episodic story mode works best for a franchise like this.

And more melee combat? are you kidding? WFC has plenty of that.
    You act as if Transformers dont shoot one another.

16. Ceasar121

News Credits:
    No. It wouldn't suck. GTA is a third person shooter just like this is. Seriously, name me a movie game that wasn't less than stellar. It wasn't the structure of those games that failed, it was the development and execution.

All they had to do with this game is make it so walking to an area activates said mission. Then they could include areas of Cybertron you could visit, stores for upgrades etc etc.

WFC has melee combat that is limited to one move per class. I don't have the ability to pull out my energon blade and go to work with them whenever. I can simply press a button and hit someone. Cool, but when I saw Prime pull out his Axe in the demo, it built expectation of a somewhat deeper melee system, so that playing someone like, let's say Grimlock, who likes to be hands on, is available. All they needed to add was an option to drop one of your two guns for a melee weapon.

That's not to say WFC isn't great. But Transformers have this unique freedom. Being restricted to "stages" limits said freedom. I'd like the ability to select Prime for any mission, and have to tackle it with his said strengths, or Jetfire, and have the strategy be totally different.

17. Hiryu02

Hiryu02 Well-Known Member

I think the reason GTA "works" is not so much because of the design by itself, but rather the "world" in which it is set. The main draw of GTA is not the story, or mechanics, but the ability to run amuck in a familiar, real-world setting, causing mayhem with no real repercussions. Most people never even do the missions, they just cause mass destruction for an hour or two to relax.

For example, I remember reading somewhere that less than 25% of people who bought GTA 3 played more than 10 of the story missions, instead preferring to just "have fun" with the setting, as described above.

Doing TF in a GTA style would not really work, imo. One of the things GTA has that the TF universe doesn't is the presence of "laws". The cops come after you, then the army, etc. What would come after the Autobots? Decepticons? Police? Gangs?

I'm already having trouble visualizing how an open-world TF game would flow, simply because shoehorning the GTA style doesn't mean that it would automatically work.

Something like the Incredible Hulk-game style of mass destruction might do the trick, but again, that's something that's good for the Decepticons, it doesn't make sense for the Autobots to cause mass mayhem.

18. Ceasar121

News Credits:
    It would simply need to be executed with rules and laws. But honestly, on Cybertron, that's not even an issue, because they're home. Bands of Decepticons/Bots could come after you, Imagine racing from a seeker patrol back to Autobot territory. As you complete tasks and missions, you take back sections of Cybertron, making it safe for you to wander. Break the law in your territory as an Autobot, the Elite Guard comes after your ass. In Decepticon territory, it could make your status rise being a criminal. Upgrade your weapons, vehicles mode with parts from the armory.

Once again, I like WFC, but they set out to not eff up, versus making something revolutionary. Matt T's goal was to make a solid shooter and layer Transformers on top of that. They did not set out and say, "how best can we convey being a 30 ft tall robot at war?"

The vision I have would require alot more storage space than the current restrictions allow though, so it might not be till the 8th generation of game systems till we see something like this. Talking to a friend of mine that does game programming, the ambition of what I want to see would require 30 or more gigs of disc space and more computing power. They could remedy this with an install of the game to hard drive, but that's still taboo for consoles.

19. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me this will be better than AA. Once I beat the game I never went back and played it. No replay value.

20. Hiryu02

Hiryu02 Well-Known Member

Why would an Autobot "break the law" in his own territory?