For those that have majorly trimmed down their collection...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jourdo, Aug 7, 2008.

1. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'm in the process of reorganizing what I have on the shelves and putting things in bins that I no longer want to display. It got me thinking, "why am I keeping things I do not want to show off?" So, I am starting to consider purging things that are "rubbermaid-worthy" or that just do not impress me as much anymore. Has anyone regretted doing this?

2. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    I keep all about about 5 toys out. The rest stay in bins.
    I find its just neater that way in my house.

Its easier to pull out themes, like all the Jazz's or all the helicopters. Plus I appreciate the ones out more while the binned toys are treasure every time I go rooting. But that's just me. I don't have the heart to sell my toys.

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I don't have room to display them all! Plus I have pets and I'd feel like crap if I found someone like Botcon Thrust being chewed on by the dog. Bins FTW.

4. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd say it more depends on how much time they spend in there after you put them in a bin. A lot of the stuff I've sold off was stuff that after they were put there just sat for eternity and never saw the light of day. Therefore I would be more inclined to revisit these figures after a wile as if your still feeling meh over them it probably means it's time for them to go.

5. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Most of mine are in plastic drawers that I found at Staples. Every once in awhile I will rotate the figures in and out of the drawers and place them in my home office. I rarely have more than 4 or 5 out and they are way from my dog.

6. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like to purge from time to time, but I will say this: Last weekend I was rooting through the attic and came across a box full of figures that I thought I had purged years ago. I carried down from the attic and dumped it out and there were so many things in there that I was glad I still had, and some even made it back into the display rotation.

So yeah, purge at your own risk.

7. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I recently did a purge by basically looking at every figure I had and said "Ok how much am I going to get this out?" I got rid of a surprising amount and so far (six months) really haven't noticed or regretted any of it. Keep the figures that are important to you and leave the rest. It has actually helped with my purchases too since I only get the figures I really want like the Universe line.

8. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've purged (sold) some stuff from time to time. I don't regret getting rid of them so far. I don't get rid of ones that have sentimental value to me though (like ones I had when I was a kid) as I'm sure I'll regret getting rid of those later.