For those that have both - RID Vehicon or Arms Micron Vehicon?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by unicronic, Jul 26, 2012.

1. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I live in Asia and currently AM Vehicon is easier to get hold of and is roughly the same price as RID Vehicon (where they're available).

Question is, is there a major difference or is there a reason to wait for the RID version?

I know the the AM version has some stickers and a DIY Minicon but putting those to one side - and putting yourself in my position - what would be the best move.

Logic seems to say to go a snag any Vehicons I can get my hands on, in this case any would be AM version.

What say you?

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer RiD Vehicons, because of no random ports and a more solid weapon. But if I were in your situation, I'd go ahead and get AM Vehicon.

3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I agree. Get what you can.

4. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

If I were you, I'd get the AM Vehicon, but trash the Micron itself. It is only necessary if you want to make the AM Combo weapons. If you want an acceptable version of the Micron, get the Jet Vehicon Micron.

5. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    The microns on the Jet and car Vehicon are both the exact same in cannon mode.

Anyway, snag the AM. It's got a Batmobile thruster.

6. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

No, I mean if he wants an acceptable animal made out of the weapon. The normal AM Vehicon Micron turns into a walking Triangle with spikes on the top of it.

7. elizasteave

elizasteave Well-Known Member

In this case I would say that if AM Vehicon has the price nearly to that of RID Vehicon along with some DIY stuffs then its not a poor thing to go for it and as far as weapons are concerned, consider that each individual character has its own weapon.

8. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just a note, the AM weapon works really well with the FE vehicon. On the same note, the FE Vehicons gun scales really well the the smaller size of the AM/Prid Vehicon.

9. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:

hmmm maybe one day i can make use of that info....

10. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    AM version light-pipes better, because it has clear pink plastic in his head, rather than smoky pink plastic like the RID Vehicon. Even with stickers applied, the RID Vehicon has a nicer color contrast in robot mode. I really like Noji, both as a Micron and way better than the gun RID Vehicon comes with.

In the end though, both really look great... grab what you can?

11. Cecilia

Cecilia Transforming

Well only saw reviews of the Rid, but only got myself 3 AM vehicons, they were 15 usd cheaper shipped than the rid´s I could find (shipping included).

My opinion - I like the AM better as a gun even though it won´t look right on bthe car mode. The sticdkers give a slight freedom on the deco, in mu case I just using the decepticon symbols, to me they all look wonderful and batmobile thruster looks cool XD

12. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Get the AM since it's available now? How much, about $30? If the ports bother you and if the RID version ever gets plentiful around the US then get someone to ship you one loose, 1st class for about $20-25?

13. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Get the AM. More fun.

14. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    It's a Warthog on the car. The other one on the Jet-Vehicon I think is an Iguana.

If unicronic plans to get the Aerial Vehicon then the advantage of having the AM/MA Car is that you get two guns then and the jets have a gun on top of each wing on the show so borrowing the other gun allows you to do this.

I have to wonder if the people who get so dismissive over toys having ports on them grew-up with 2001's RID or something like that. To me it's a positive selling point not a distraction.

The ports on Micron Arm's Cliffjumper's Shoulders are very subtle and even the ones on his arms don't really detract - perhaps the ones on Terrocon Cliffjumper, Bumblebee, Soundwave or Megatron might be seen as a little silly - but I just think it encourages you to display soundwave with extended wings. I don't even notice all the ports on Optimus and he has loads of them.

The only toy I look at and think the Micron Arms one comes off worse is the Bumblebee one and even he at least compensates with being a nicer colour.

15. unicronic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    For reference RID Vehicon in Hong Kong varies from US$18 to US$40 depending on availability but there has been a huge influx on AM Vehicon's over here retailing for the US$20 mark.

That's just currency conversion though it is actually alot cheaper if you live locally than the exchange rate would have you believe.

16. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

It's not so much the ports, but how they are executed throws show-accuracy out of the window in sake of the gimmick. For as good or bad Mechtech was as a gimmick, they at least went out of their way to keep the ports as unobtrusive as possible with only one or two exceptions. Arms Micron figures don't, but that gimmick for whatever reason gets half the criticism Mechtech ever got for weapons that are in many instances are even goofier.

17. maku098

maku098 ; solves everything.

News Credits:
    Doesn't matter, get Vehicon :D 
    But for me, RID version is better.

18. unicronic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll get AM seeing as though they will be much easier to snag.