For those of you who received PS Plus from the "We're Sorry" deal...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know there is a PS Plus thread, but I thought this might draw more eyes, as it might save you some heartache.

I'm not 100% sure this is the case, since I got my Plus a year ago. But one of my friends picked up the month of Plus free, and he was telling me about a disclaimer when you acquire the free month. If you're like Kyle from South Park and skipped or ignored this, you might be signed up for automatic renewal at the end of your period, which is probably only a monthly fee. But still.

If you want to turn that off, go to account management, "services" and then look for Plus and click on it. At the bottom you have the option to turn auto-renewal off. This applies to yearly folks too, since this might be a bigger surprise on your bank account.

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Strange, they went out of their way, multiple times, to say that there isn't an automatic renewal for the free PS+.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'll check this out tonight. Thanks for the heads up.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It may not be for some, but I did check mine and it was turned on. I don't mind renewing because it's worth it, but I want to do it on my own terms, especially for 50 bucks.

5. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    But you were already a subscriber before this. When you buy it, it automatically renews regardless of how you purchased. The Welcome Back version was a separate activation that simply expires.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, you're absolutely right. My friend just noticed that his was on, and he was part of the welcome back. He was worried about getting charged, and I was trying to assure him that it wouldn't happen. But he told me about the disclaimer, so I explained to him how to turn off automatic renewal. DC Universe did the same thing, but it never asked me. But I guess MMORs are like that, so it was no big deal.

edit: can anyone who received the Free Plus check and see if your settings defaulted to auto-renew?

7. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I saw the same thing. I think the setting you (and I) toggled is a general setting for Plus, but the specific item of Plus we got for free doesn't function the same way.

At any rate...it's not like they have my CC # any more. lol

8. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    I never saw anything like that. I just had access to Plus and my account didn't have the symbol on it like some of my friends with "real" Plus have.

9. syclonefs

syclonefs Rogue-Prime

News Credits:
    I went and looked at mine and it says that it expires 7/3/11 and you can't turn off the ps pluse thing so i think with the welcome back people it just expires and it doesn't charge u more.