For those of the Chug..

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by KnightHawkke, May 31, 2011.

1. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

There was a slight oversight in the formation of your acronym, Robot Masters.

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  2. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Death to the acronym "CHUG"!!!

3. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They don't belong in chug they have no 5mm fists and limited articulation compared to all the other lines

4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not to mention alot of them just sucked.

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    What do Robot Masters have to do with CHUG? And of course the acronym CHUG is wrong.

You have Classics, Henkie, Universe, United, RTS and Generations.

Which is why I stopped using CHUG and just refer to them as Classics. If yuo dont; know who someone is talking about when refering to Classics Tracks then maybe you shoudl reconsider your fanship to the fandom. lol

6. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Not the Seekers!

7. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    chugurts!

8. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Exactly which, if you thought CHUG was wrong, this is on a whole nutha' leva'.

And when happens when Classics continues under another American and Japanese name???

I'm sticking to Classics.

9. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Especially the jets.

10. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These threads never end well...

Robot Masters wasn't part of any of those lines.. it was its own thing. More of a precursor to what became Classics...

And to the people who don't like the acronym... you call it what you want. Let others call it CHUG. We all know what it means... CHUG is used to describe the whole of the lines. You can't say "CHUG Red Alert" or "CHUG Dirge" because there's more than one. However, I call them my CHUG shelves... or if we want a figure that hasn't been updated, I would say "I hope we get a CHUG Omega Supreme" because I don't know what future lines are going to be called.

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Lio Convoy, BW Primal and Megatron are epic new molds, and they fit in quite well with Classics.

Reverse Convoy doesn't, as a remold. But WHAT a remold!

12. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:

It should be named as CHUGUR, more catchy!

13. unicron nemesis

unicron nemesis Infinite Black Photog

News Credits:
    ^This. Calling them 'Classics' makes sense for me as the ones I collect are mainly G1 CLASSIC characters.

But hey, call it whatever you want. You know, I know...that's what matters.

14. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I take a dissenting view. Lio Convoy looks alright, but those other new beast mold look terrible. If you really really really gotta have a more show accurate for size Primal, than yeah RM is the only option. Really the only new molds from that line that are any good are Victory Saber and Lio Convoy. The others suck.

15. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I know this fandom doesn't agree on much, but it would be terrific if we could ever agree on a name for classics/chugurts/chug/etc.

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    You will never please all of the people all of the time. I have yet to see a thread that uses any form of Classics or CHUG to single out a figure and I had no clue which figure they were talkign about.

I see a lot of users bash CHUG or other versions of the name but at the end of the day, we all know what we are talking about. I don't see the big deal on calling it any one of the many names we as a community use.

I just reverted back to Classics cuz as Unicron Nemisis said...They are all new versions of Classic characters.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it's just way easier to call it all Classics instead of having to put in something from every line that might have a Classics style figure since the release of the first nostalgia figures.

Just kind of hard to say figures like Reveal the Shield Jazz isn't a Classics Jazz even though it's not a Generations release.

18. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I mostly agree with you. Yes, the Robot Masters molds are nice in the sense that "hey, put Beast Megatron next to Masterpiece Prime and you can kinda-sorta enact that episode!" But, I think the original Ultra sized versions of those characters are better toys for the most part.

I disagree with you on Victory Saber being good, though. Just cos it's a remake of the G1 character doesn't mean it has to have G1-level articulation... and it's too small...

Also, the fact that RM Primal and Megatron are -smaller- than Universe Dinobot and Cheetor makes them fairly pointless as "Classics" figures to stand alongside the other updated figures. Standing them next to G1 characters to make them more size appropriate? Sure, that works. Standing them next to their own peers? Falls apart.

19. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I agree, I like Classics as well.

The only question is if things like Cheetor or G2 Optimus/Megatron count as classics? In my book they don't.

20. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

When referring to individual toys, I use the name of the line plus the character. When referring to CHUG lines collectively I just say "Classics Lines" or "Classics". I was never a fan of "CHUG" as an acronym, mostly because you have to keep changing it, and it'll sound even more stupid. For example, if they made lines called Alliance, Legacy, Advanced, and Destiny it'd be CHUGURTSALAD.