For those not getting everything ROTF...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wreckgar, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Myself, I was just planning on getting the 3 new deluxe autobot cars, Skids, Mudflap, and Jolt as well as human alliance BB. Well I got Prime and both Bumblebees today and saw the motherload of figures at walmart. They had Ravage, Fallen, Mixmaster, and pretty much everything else.

So I pose this to you, how are you stopping yourself from getting them all?

For me, at least I remember all the bad figures. Sure some of the ones I want are bad. But I look at Mixmaster, who looks great in truck mode and check the back. His robot mode looks terrible. Soundwave I hear is floppy. Sideways isn't worth his screen time. I don't need another Megatron or Starscream. And I don't need Starscream repaints or anyone else just recolored from the first movie.

2. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm just getting what I like, simple as that lol...no offense but I'm saying...Get what you like and if you don't like it dont get it.

3. TransFan1996

TransFan1996 Well-Known Member

I am gonna try for all the scouts, deluxes,voyagers,leaders,supremes(if any), and ha's

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'm abusing the fact I can see video reviews now that weren't commonplace in 2007. Now that I can see how everything works and such, it makes it a hell of a lot easier to sort the trash from the treasures.

For example, in April/May '07, I thought the regular Voyager Ironhide figure was -awesome- based on pictures. Right after I got it, I saw it was average at best.

5. Necrocom4

Necrocom4 Well-Known Member

i dont see a point in getting the same figure twice. i havent seen the movie yet but i got the twins and sideswipe. everyone else im waiting to see in the movie for what i decide to get.

6. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    I'm picking up the new molds that catch my interest, and the new Ldr Prime, Vygr Megs and Starscream. The new molds of those three IMO have much more accurate bot/alt modes and much improved transformations. Planning repaints for the Movie 1 versions to add to my character list. Stuff like the "biker chicks", delivery truck guy, the Superion/Bruticus packs, Breakaway and the Movie one repaints really aren't catching my eye. One thing I WILL NOT MISS OUT ON is the Ledgends Constructicons that combine!

7. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Guess I need to add, I only have Jazz from movie 1...so everything is new to me but still, get what you like lol don't buy it just cause.

8. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    I just want in movie figures that aren't repaints of the first. Retools are a go if it's improved. So all of the Constructicon vehicles, sideways, ravage, and new Autobots I get. I just don't want to get yet another Ratchet or Ironhide.

Off screen stuff, I just get what looks awesome. Stratosphere is not included in that, so he's an easy pass.

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty much this. Back in 2007 we didn't have as many people getting the figures as early as we have now. So, video reviews of the figures didn't come out until they were at mass retail already. However, now we have guys buying these guys three to four months before the release and putting out video reviews for the rest of us to make decisions on well in advance. So, I already have my list set of who I'm going to buy and who I'm not going to buy.

10. dougzx9

dougzx9 Wish I were here

So far all that I have bought are Leader Prime and Megs, and deluxe Sideswipe. I'll get Superion and Bruticus for my classics collection and the two Walmart seekers, maybe the Human Alliace figs and Jetfire. As for the rest nothing has really appealed to me, of course that might change after I see the movie.

11. red4

red4 Banned

I'm mostly getting figures that are in scale to one another. Also whatever's within my budget.

For instance, I'm skipping Deluxe Ravage in the hopes that he'll get a Legends mold because that's closer to scale with Deluxe Soundwave, which I already have.

12. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

i actually want to return sideways due to his almost nonexistant screentime. the only ones left on my wanna-get list are jetfire, leader megs, leader ss, and maybe the fallen, skids, mudflap, and wheelie. i don't remember many other characters with screentime that warrants a buy

13. Matterzero

Matterzero Well-Known Member

i'm really just pocking up figures I'm intersted in, the biggest problem is that more figures start looking good every day so i I have to say its a fear of debt

14. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    and with that said...

-W-

15. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I like to get a new mold every week. So I pick up what catches my eye on a given week.

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

So far, all I really want at this point are Ransack and The Fallen. Everything else I want (which is also only a select few figures) are less important to those two.

17. Necrocom4

Necrocom4 Well-Known Member

same here for wheelie too. i was gonna buy his deluxe until i saw they are making his legends next year.

18. Seeker24

Seeker24 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Im really holding back on buying any of the constructicons. just something about them, i think ill regret buying them after i pick them up. I guess thats a good way to know when u shouldnt buy something.

19. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Very Easily.

20. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Must buys are

Leader
    Prime
    Jetfire

Voyager
    Fallen
    Megs
    Longhaul

Deluxe
    Sideswipe

Human alliance
    all of them instead of the deluxe versions(Bumblebee,Sideswipe,Herp,Derp and if made Sideways and Barricade)

Everything else should be impulse or liking of the character.