For Those G1 Soundwave/Casseticons Fans Out There

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by mellowmut, Dec 19, 2010.

1. mellowmut

mellowmut Sidekick

News Credits:
    For anyone interested in all the different cassette variants created the following doc: Definitive TF Cassette List

For those Soundwave fans... here you have Soundwave with Casseticon / Recordicon/ Mini-Con / Mini-Cassette / Deployer / Cassettbot / Spy Cassette army (so many different names honestly). Some may find it blasphemous to see all the autobot casseticons under Soundwave but never really cared much for Blaster personally so I just kinda included them all as working together under Soundwave's flag/command. Soundwave was always a cooler looking cassette player anyways, in my biased opinion at least. Felt like sharing since this is as complete as this set will ever likely get. <--- last line no longer applies since, as you can see, collection has grown, don't think I'm stopping until set is complete.

Soundwave G1 prerub with almost all the casseticons released, with exception of the really rare/expensive W CassetteBots (Dial, Saur), and a few Microman/Microchange pre transformers cassettes [BTW if anyone willing to part with anything I'm missing (see Want List) and/or have any recommendations for additional figures (KO or custom) hit me up]. There's a few KO cassettes in lot as well as some unauthorized 3rd party creation. Please see link above for list. FYI list references all cassettes I own, not necessarily the ones imaged next to Soundwave.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  2. Me Grimlock

Me Grimlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice!

3. avenged9

avenged9 DecepticonAvenger

Ebay:
    Thats pretty cool. Like the home you gave them! :thumbs2: 

4. Nukatron

Nukatron Ultra Class

All you need is blaster

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is certainly a cool and concise collection! That reminds me that I need to get those KP and e-Hobby cassettes as well as some cases! Thanks for sharing :thumb 

6. 100% Mackem

100% Mackem Banned

Very Nice Indeed !

7. mellowmut

mellowmut Sidekick

News Credits:
    Added pics since Beastbox weapons came in. Everyone, thanks for the kind comments. Much appreciated. Doesn't make me feel as bad spending as much money as I did compiling the set. Mind you felt it was worth every penny.

Now you honestly have me considering purchasing Blaster (with that simple but sweet message) just to round out the set. Maybe if ever get more autobot cassettes. Would just look/feel too empty having them face off otherwise. Kinda sad to see more decepticon cassettes released than autobot ones, regardless that most are simply redecos.

8. mellowmut

mellowmut Sidekick

News Credits:
    Added a few pics since collection has grown since original post. Waiting on a few more figures before I go out and take updated set pics. Ie a few customs i commissioned some time back.

9. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

Nice :) 

10. dragon666

dragon666 Member

Ebay:
    Anymore pics of the custom cassettes?

11. mellowmut

mellowmut Sidekick

News Credits:
    @DJ Soundwave: Much appreciated but it's nothing compared to your cassette collection. I admit yours inspired me quite a bit. And honestly been meaning to ask you for some time now... but you wouldn't happen to have any higher res pics of your cassette collection? Like the pic in your signature. Think there were one or two others images where your tape collection was pictured that were found in your collections thread. If you do please let me know as I'd love to have a high res copy. Can shoot you over my email address via PM if needed. Think you might have a few cassettes I've never seen before, but then again they might just be custom repaints. Ie Eject/Rewind mold.

@dragon666: Here's some links to pics taken by the guy who made em along with links to some of his vids. Believe there were 6/7 castings made total? Think mine was #5? Not at home so can't quite recall. Also don't believe last few castings sold too well. If you need more info or need some clearer pics you can probably PM me.

Raptor
    Raptor Casting #2 Image
    YouTube - Transformer Raptor Cassette casting #4.wmv

Sea Turtle
    Raptor Casting #2 Image
    YouTube - Transformer Sea Turtle Cassette casting #4.wmv

12. Optimus1984

Optimus1984 Well-Known Member

where u get enemy and how u get him off the radio he was stuck on!!!

13. mellowmut

mellowmut Sidekick

News Credits:
    Not a hard question honestly. I had the AM Radio and don't think it worked, either that or didn't care that it did. Regardless I destroyed the radio in order to take him off. You can do it gently though. After destroying radio realized I could've taken it off without having to destroy radio. On the back of Enemy there's pegs sticking out that plug into the radio piece. Along with pegs there was glue. If you do it slowly and gently you should be okay I think. Just keep switching between sides and just start jimmy it out little by little. Follow link for pics. It's not the greatest figure though since the head doesn't pop down and won't stand up by itself. Hope info helps.

AM Radio Enemy Transformer Cassette - a set on Flickr

14. jonnyshaft

jonnyshaft Well-Known Member

I love your tape collection. Reminds me of a cassette holder I had in the 80's. Metallica sat next to Run DMC, next to the Cure, and actually next to Overkill.
    Thats a nice set-up. I agree, get you some Blaster action.

15. mellowmut

mellowmut Sidekick

News Credits:
    Since I last posted that comment about Blaster, ended up getting a reissue Twincast. Needed to get Twincast to get a Headmaster Steeljaw I had my eye on. And working on acquiring an MC-21 (the blue one) so I guess I'll have those two. I'll probably end up getting Blaster at some point now. Just never liked how Blaster is that much bigger than Soundwave. That 3rd party Masterpiece Soundwave in the works may just balance that out though.

16. Idon

Idon Well-Known Member

Great collection, now if only they could all fit into Soundwave at once...

How long have you been working on it?

17. mellowmut

mellowmut Sidekick

News Credits:
    Appreciate the kind words. Working on Soundwave/cassette collection, I'd say an year this month. First re-aquired Soundwave Ravage and Laserbeak early August last year. So havent been that long.

18. Optimus1984

man your lucky having an enemy even if you say he is rubbish cus ive searched all over for 1 so keep up the collection cus it is seriously awesome!!

19. mellowmut

mellowmut Sidekick

News Credits:
    Not really saying Enemy is rubbish, just that version I broke off the AM Radio of him. Since it doesn't qualify as a true cassette/transformer. If you really want you can find the AM Radio pretty easily on ebay. Look up Transformer AM Radio on Ebay. There's one on there currently at $20 with shipping in box w/1 day left on bidding.
    Otherwise if you meant you were looking for the MC-01 MicroChange version/variant than that's a bit trickier but it does come up from time time. Seen 3 pop up on eBay since started looking. The one I got, which I think I paid way too much (messed up on conversion ratio so bid a bit high - thought it was Euro when in fact it was British Pound) for but am still happy with em since came MIB even though box was pretty beat up. A 2nd loose one for sale along with blue variants of MC-02 and MC-03 which all looked hella beat up and guy was asking way too much. And 3rd was rather recent, within the last week. Bidding ended. Sold for like $300 + shipping. Thought it was a hella deal since it was MC-01 Enemy and MichroChange Condor. Both in box in what looked like complete and all in good condition, from what I could tell from pics atleast. Bear in mind don't consider myself an expert on prices and/or value so unsure of accurate worth. Item normally worth as much as someone's willing to pay. Wish I had waited and gotten that set though. So moral of story is they do pop up (eBay and likely other places as well) from time to time. That and patience is a virtue.

20. Optimus1984

thanks i will look on ebay now and do you know how to get the two rare japanese dinosaur combiners.