for them, Size does matter....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    so, i finally got cybertron brimstone last night (thanks to tru sale and my awesome fiance) and totally think hes fun, despite the fact that he's insanely easy...but it got me wondering, if he had been a basic, would i love him more? then i started thining about other toys that were just the wrong size...obviously, everyone and their mothers knows BM nightscream was horribly sized, but who else? i would say cyber defense hotshot should have been a 20 buck sized figure, and CD scattorshot should have been a deluxe...and im sure there are more, jsut cant think right now, so who else do you think was just put into the wrong size class?

2. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Beast Machines was just completely random as far as sizes went.

Pretty much all the Autobot Energon Megas should have been Deluxes... sized up they just looked awful, and they didn't fit well with the rest of the line.

3. Turnip

Turnip Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While he is a great figure as is (and my favorite of the line.) classics Starscream should have been the decepticon voyager oppisote Jetfire for that wave.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I have to disagree, Starscream wouldn't look right being as tall as Megs or Jetfire.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Personally, after Beast Machines I think a lot of the TFs have been about the right size for what they do. Beast Machines, of course, had a Mega (tron) who was barely deluxe sized as a Mega, a disproportionately huge Rattrap, and Nightscream who isn't bad, but should never have been the size he was.

6. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

The only horrific size flub in Cybertron was Supreme Starscream. To me, all other size issues are really minor in comparison.

That said, some of the Mega/Voyager figures could've done better sized down. Evac, Vector Prime, and the lions are the only ones I could make a strong argument for leaving at their current size -- and the lions needed real fists for combination mode, damnit.

-XCN-

7. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

Honestly, I would like to see one line (other than the Alts.) where the size actually makes sense. Honestly, it would be great to see a line where trucks are bigger than cars, and planes are bigger than both. If you want really big bots, then they should transform into appropriately large vehicles (warships, subs, passenger planes etc). I'm not implying that everything need be 1:1 with each other (it would be nice though), but rather vehicles that are known to be large actually fit the bill. Enough with the deluxe seekers who barely stand eye to eye with the average autobot car.

Also, Prime and Megs don't need to be the largest bots on the block. One thing that I've really grown tired of are oversized leaders. It makes the other large TFs seem less imposing.

8. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Energon Megatron had a rather simple transformation for how big he was. I got mine on WalMart clearance for $9 though so I don't mind.

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    no kidding....i really like it when prime and megs are smaller then other bots....i loved the beast wars had the transmetal versions that were smaller then the other guys....and i would love to see that again...maybe put prime and megs at the 20 or 25 price point, and make other characters 40 and 50 bucks...like broadside...hed be a great 50 shipformer....and i also agree with giant starscream...that was just overkill...

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yes, I agree. The Leaders don't need to be so big and expensive. I think Beast Wars did it best with making the Leaders nearer to the rest in scale, and releasing lots of deluxes and basics, with larger size classes few and far between. As nice as the big ones are, they are expensive and in my opinion Hasbro makes way too many big toys and not enough of the "affordable" deluxe range. If the line for Heroes was entirely deluxes and basics, with a couple of Megas, I'd not complain, especially not if they were up to modern standards. Don't get me wrong, I love my Cybertron Prime and my Tidal Wave, but the Deluxes are nearly always home to my favourite toys in a line.

11. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I liked the TRU sized Megatron a lot better than the larger version. You know what would've been cool? $50 Scourge. Yeah, I said it. I wanna frickin' HUGE Scourge. With electronics so it'll walk, and spark mechanisms to make fire come out of the mouth and better articulation and...never gonna get one, am I?

-Tony!

12. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    BM Nightscream has a deluxe-ish sized bootleg that rocks. Much more size appropriate.

13. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

man that little dude is so hard to track down.

14. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I feel that BW Rhinox should of been bigger, he so should of been a Mega, there are more just cant think at the moment. One thing I dont like is the new Leader size class and how Megs and Prime are always so big, I rather see them in the ultra class and leave the super/leader and supreme size for the proper larger bots. Also I rather see combiners as deluxes and megas... makes for a much bigger and far more kickass gestalt.

15. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To me BM was the one that disappointed with with regards to scale. Example, Supreme Cheetor and Nightscream are 2 that come to mind...especially Nightscream...

16. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cybertron Thundercracker & Skywarp should have never been released in that mold. GF Starscream should have be released here (US/UK etc.) with recolors in Thundercracker and Skywarp. A duo set of them would have been better than the Vector Prime - Screamer set we got.

17. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I agree with you 100% on that, I've always thought that from the moment I got that SS vs VP gift set last year. They could of call Thundercracker someone differnet in to show and then we could of had all the 3 seekers the right way.

18. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Any chance of getting some pics of it? I've never seen it.