For the same TF item, will you ever bought more than 1?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dogbomber, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My TF collection got revitalised in 2001 when I started to collect Car Robot and that was the time I reopened the boxes of my G1 toys and played with them. At that time, I accidentally broke the chest white landing gear of Victory Leo and that came as a shock to me! Although I managed to find a replacement part of it, that terrible feeling and regret were killing me!

Since then, I always purchase at least 2 pieces of each TF toys, as 1 serves as a backup. Until today, it is getting worst and for the item I like such as United Wheeljack, I would place order for 4 units.

Mind to share with me your experience on this? I start to think it has to do with Compulsive Purchase of TF, haha...

2. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

I only do this with Tfs that I really like but I'm over buying more then one "just because." It is nice to have one in bot mode and one in Alt mode though.

3. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I don't believe in having extras. :p 

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I hardly ever own anything long enough to require backup. Even the pieces that are in my permanent collection aren't something I'd consider buying multiples of. I have 3 of the BM Obsidian mold, but that's because I like it... It has nothing to do with using parts from one should the others break.

5. Dogbomber

News Credits:
    noone really buy extra for backup, damn, I am the freak!

6. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Recalling a Relevant Repost of Ravages.

[​IMG]

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i want to army build cybertron backstop, i have 3

8. jasonmako

jasonmako Voyager

News Credits:
    I do, one for display and one to save for 20 years. Im not down to be a completist and only buy the ones I'm really really fascinated in.

Example: Generations Wreck-Gar. I will buy 4 of him. 2 for display, him riding himself, and 2 for someone else to have him riding himself years down the line!

The only ones that are not doubles in my collection are 3rd party releases. Those are for me only period. But then again I must have Faith Leader Prime in G1 colors and G1 clear colors but they are both for me.

On variations, if it is an exciting figure I will collect them all.

9. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

I buy up to three of some items and start selling extras if it goes beyond four. I'm admittedly a bit of a combiner whore as I dream of one day having the various teams displayed individually towards the front end of a shelf with the combined forms immediately behind their respective teams.

10. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I buy multiples of the ones that I really like if I'm able to, around 2-3 of them.

I wanted to build a squad of Bees and tried it with ROTF Legends Stealth. Was only able to accumulate 6, 2 at SRP and 4 on clearance, then they disappeared from the shelves.

I was more successfull with HFTD Dx Battleblade Bee, I was able to get 1 at SRP when it was first released, then another 1 during the first markdown, then 6 during the 2nd markdown, that makes it a squad of 8. :) 

11. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For scalping. . .j/k.

I use to buy one for opening and one for MISB but it got too expensive so I stopped.

12. Juggalo_Prime

Juggalo_Prime Planeswalker

ive never bought mults of a toy, tho i am extreamly tempted to army build legends skids and powercore bomb burst

13. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

For troop building only. I consider the different retools of the classics seeker mold buying multiple of the same in a sense because of the use of this mold and seekers are a great troop builder. I plan on getting at least 3 generations scourge so he can have a couple sweeps to command.

14. morgan1194

morgan1194 kitbasher

the only transformers i have ever had multiples of are the HFTD insecticons, because they are drones. i have like ten of them, they are so freakin cool.

15. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    It depends on what you buy. If it is a rare transformer then 1 is enough unless there's a deal you can't pass. Other toys that are more attainable and I really like I would get duplicates like some masterpiece figures, Binaltechs etc.

16. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    for kitbashing, yes, for backup, not really

17. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    I have 9 or 10...clearance is my friend. My legion of Ejectors needed their steeds. *rushes off to take pictures*

18. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Only ones I have done it for are Animated Arcee(bought one off someone here same day my wife found one in store) and Gen Dirge and plan on it with Thrust and Thundercracker just cause it will look nice with my other MOSC on the wall.

19. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    Usually I'll buy the normal U.S. version of a toy say WFC Soundwave, and then I'll buy the Japanese counterpart to keep in package. This is a really rare occasion I do this though.

20. Dogbomber

News Credits:
    I think from Galaxy Force onwards, most of the items it will be x 2, including the Fansproject item. Toys that I wont touch on are Animated, Beastwar, armada, action master and powercore.

Other than that, every item almost x 2 pc! That makes my display shelf more like a stock shelf as I have no place to dispose my tf box but to put boxes into the shelf!