Minor/Repaint: For the Royalty! Custom Botcon Inferno

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Lucs, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Well a while back I was making some custom Frenzy and Rumbles with the Cybertron Scrapmetal mold. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/273380-frenzy-rumble-2-1-best-color-scheme.html Because of this I bought a ton of that mold but since the Perfect Effect and the now announced Hasbro versions, I haven't been making so many buuut I have a ton of that mold left sitting in a drawer

I sold off some of my Botcon 2006 set and I'm in the process of making my own versions. Yesterday board member, Whovian Zorker mentioned that he was missing Inferno from the Botcon set. I had totally forgot about this guy but that got a fire going under me. So here is 2 versions of him. The one with more color is going to be mine and it's pretty much finished. The other one actually looks more like the Botcon pictures I found on tfwiki but I can't get the black paint to come off the cockpit area. I have one sitting in an alcohol bath and it's been in there nearly 24 hours now but the paint isn't budging. Any other ideas would help a lot

Also I'd like to know what people like and don't like about the colors as well as what might make him more Inferno-esque. Oh and the windows on the sides are supposed to be dark bluse but they are a bit too dark I think

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    i think yu did an amazing job there Lucs!!
    Really would love to get one of those!...that and a Botcon 06 Primal lol

3. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    forgot one tiny detail....

rocket butt.....

otherwise looks awesome. You know, I don't have a problem getting some of those off your hands.......

4. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    man you paint is awesome... i had a couple of the yellow energon ones, but wouldn't even sell for a euro, so i f*** them up and used for parts ;) 

5. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Thanks man! I appreciate that
    Funny that I was just thinking of the signature rocket butt. I might see what I can pull off. Oh and if you want one I can make you one no problem PM me and we can work out a deal
    Yeah so many people had these but no one seems to care for them anymore. I was able to buy several lots of them for practically nothing. Glad you like the paint!

6. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That mold works much better as Inferno than Rumble or Frenzy. Nice job.

7. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Thanks. I think :D