Customs: For the kitbash/repaint devotees: Wonderfest 2k6

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Ops_was_a_truck, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Oh my frickin' God.

I've always wanted to submit some kits to Wonderfest but it's always happening at the same time that I've got some crap going on in real life. Kinda sucky.

These entries are AMAZING. They always blow me away. I can barely hold a candle to the stuff these guys do.

Hey, TFW kitbashers...anybody interested in descending en masse on Wonderfest 2007? Maybe we could bring the cream of our kitbashing crop.

2. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey Ops! I have seen coverage of Wonderfest many times and have been floored by a lot of the stuff shown there. Is it always in the same place? Usually on the west coast right? If all things fall together correctly you can pencil me in for a possible meet-up.:rock 

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Oh snap...I didn't realize it was West Coast. Hmm...

Okay, see, here's the thing - I've been part of the IPMS (International Plastic Modeler's Society) for years and they've never really accepted Transformers or action figures as something they'll legitimately judge as an entry. You can bring customized figures - and I have, before, brought custom TFs to the local IPMS meetups - but I can ONLY display them as "For Display only." I one time tried to slip an ALternator in as a car and got a lot of grumbling from the old codgers who build model cars like it's the only thing that'll save their lives.

If Wonderfest is West Coast...I, uh...I dunno. Still, I'd love a chance to actually see all those kits in one place. I also wonder if the Wonderfest people would be more lenient about allowing Transformers into the categories. I mean, heck, they're close enough to Gundams, right?

4. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

One word: wow